ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming along great, Irezumi!

Thanks! I added green acetate sheet for lenses and trying out water slide decals for the traps and tubes.

IMG_2717-COLLAGE.jpg

I had actually saved a Walmart vitamin bottle that is the same shape and clear green color but I just wasn't sure it would read, and my solo_bones cast is super thick just where the eyes are so it would be a lot of dremeling. I think I'm just going to stick with black or gun metal and a clear green gloss over it just to give a hint of green.

Did you use the Tamiya spray white? I tried like 4-5 sprays in rattle cans and seemed like the Tamiya was closest to the Ht armor white. Someone also said that even on the costume there's a slight color mismatch between helemt and armor.

I believe there is a slight mismatch, as the helmets were HDPE and the armour was ... ABS? Can?t remember off the top of my head but they were different materials.

And while the armour was long thought of as unpainted I recall seeing prop photos of at least one set that had been spray-painted at some point during the OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added some more details this afternoon. I'll try and fix some of the overspills when dry, painting at this scale is not my forte.
TaliBane, i just used a generic white can of rustoleum, works for me.

IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2751.JPG
IMG_2748.JPG

Tali - i initially used a piece of green replacement visor for 1:1 trooper helmets but moved to green flash diffusion used for photography; way easier to work with and comes out cleaner. But with any addition of lenses requires the dremeling which could get sketchy. I almost sanded straight through on a couple of mine.

I wonder if the Hot Toys lenses could be modified to work with these buckets.

Having taken a couple of HT helmets apart in the past, I?d say it?s way more trouble than it?s worth. They?re not the right shape to begin with...

Looking good with the decals. The tube stripes should be a little further up and a little further forward though

You can sorta see in this collage where they should sit.

, on Flickr

Added some more details this afternoon. I'll try and fix some of the overspills when dry, painting at this scale is not my forte.
TaliBane, i just used a generic white can of rustoleum, works for me.

Thanks, I found that can, but for some reason yours says acrylic but the only version I can find is regular enamel.

Is the color close to a perfect match, or is it just slightly off too? What's weird is that the Tamiya almost looks spot-on in certain light, but in other light there's a slightly noticeable difference. Not sure what that's about.

I believe there is a slight mismatch, as the helmets were HDPE and the armour was ... ABS? Can?t remember off the top of my head but they were different materials.

And while the armour was long thought of as unpainted I recall seeing prop photos of at least one set that had been spray-painted at some point during the OT.

I do seem to recall seeing a slight color difference in a few screen captures on the Tantive. So maybe we should all be aiming for paint that doesn't quite match the HT armor.:lol

Tali - i initially used a piece of green replacement visor for 1:1 trooper helmets but moved to green flash diffusion used for photography; way easier to work with and comes out cleaner. But with any addition of lenses requires the dremeling which could get sketchy. I almost sanded straight through on a couple of mine.

Yeah, I think all of these Solo helmets are slightly different in terms of how the resin landed inside. Mine is wafer thin through maybe 3/4 of it but when you get halfway up the lenses, it goes solid on the front/face side. It would be incredibly tricky to dremel that "back of the eye lenses" area because it's more than an inch up inside and the angles are really hard.

The roughness of these helmets has just been super tough to get rid of - all kinds of complex sanding, so the last thing I wanted to do was launch another complex dremel/sand operation.

Looking good with the decals. The tube stripes should be a little further up and a little further forward though

You can sorta see in this collage where they should sit.

, on Flickr

Wow, the day the TMG Vader and stormie buckets and Vader armor kit become available will be a day long remembered.:drool

The idea that you could get a pretty much 100% screen accurate ANH stunt bucket without months of sanding is really hard to get my head around.:lol

Made some changes today, as pointed out by Too Much Garlic the tube stripes should be a little higher and have been re positioned i also decided the mic tips needed shortened. I'm 90% happy with the brow trim, but i can live with it for now.
Tali, i think the colour matches ok with the HT armour, good enough for my eyes at least.:dunno

IMG_2770-COLLAGE.jpg
IMG_2763.JPG

Are these helmets for sale? Would love to buy one

Initially there was a run by Solo_bones and he produced many for members here on SSF, some members may have bought extras they might be willing to part with?

Is the color close to a perfect match, or is it just slightly off too? What's weird is that the Tamiya almost looks spot-on in certain light, but in other light there's a slightly noticeable difference. Not sure what that's about.

It?s probably the color temperature of the light sources. Perhaps it looks different in ultraviolet ?blue? light and a different version of white with incandescent ?yellow? light. Just a thought.

I initially bought a few of these from Will but I don't army-build anymore and won't be needing all of them, so I have 3 of these casts I'll let go if anyone's looking.

As most of you following this thread know, the resin casts are variable and take a *fair* bit of work in the trimming, sanding and prepping department, so you'll want to be reasonably confident about putting a bit of work in.

I'll be selling them for what I paid originally, plus shipping. PM me for details -- I'll try to get back to you ASAP. First come, first served. Cheers guys.

Back