ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yannick and Adam,

I need to cast more move along and Low brows...I think theblowbrow mold fried. Also, my guy screwed up on a newer lowbrow mold and killed the prototype helmet trying to clean it up...so I need to make another. As soon as that’s done I’ll finish first round orders. This is what sucks about this project...I’m constantly having to buy materials and do the work twice or three times.

Unless you want extra regular helmets and skip the wait? Let me know.

I don't mind waiting some more at all, especially if that means I would get a move along bucket. :hi5:

I would urge EVERYONE to replace ANY 1/6 Trooper helmet with these. It really is like having a shrunken down movie prop on display.
The Hot Toys ANH Trooper and Rogue One Troopers look so "off" in comparison to these 3d printed Trooper helmets.
Here's mine. 3Dprinted in the center. Hot Toys ANH on the left, Hot Toys Rogue One on the right.

20180915_143248.jpg

20180915_143318.jpg

20180915_143326.jpg

Here's a couple more side by sides with the Hot Toys ANH Trooper on the right.

20180915_134210.jpg

20180915_134226.jpg

Congrats on getting these in, guys! They look great. Please detail your work on them in as much detail as possible, so I can learn from it. :lol

So close. :yess:

It’s gonna be a while with work schedule but I’ll try to keep step by step process shots :)
You won’t be disappointed!

Can wait for mine to arrive. These shots really do show how far away the HT Buckets are. Their really not even close.

The detail and proportions in these are uncanny.

Here's a couple more side by sides with the Hot Toys ANH Trooper on the right.

View attachment 428287

View attachment 428288

Very nice Cking :clap

I would urge EVERYONE to replace ANY 1/6 Trooper helmet with these. It really is like having a shrunken down movie prop on display.
The Hot Toys ANH Trooper and Rogue One Troopers look so "off" in comparison to these 3d printed Trooper helmets.
Here's mine. 3Dprinted in the center. Hot Toys ANH on the left, Hot Toys Rogue One on the right.

View attachment 428284

View attachment 428285

View attachment 428286

Brilliant shots! These pictures definitely fell a story. Thank for posting these.

So my plan is to sand all the flash lines off (on some it’s minimal) with a very fine grit; possibly do some *very* light work on small details with needle files, (I’m a trained goldsmith so I’m used to sub-millimeter work) — and then work on the paint-up via airbrush, layer by layer.

I’m a better sculptor than a painter by a long stretch, but luckily this is a simple colour block job with weathering, which I can pull off.

I might do some prop-accurate with chipping and paint drips, others will be cleaner.

I’m on the hunt for some black electrical insulation to strip off fine wires, which I’ll split and use for the trim on the bottom rim of the helmet.

This is gonna take a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Badger air compressor for airbrushing my projects...and a new airbrush. I’ll probably learn of the difficulty level or ease of painting helmets in quantity. Once I give it a go I’ll probably be open to painting helmets for folks. If you’re interested let me know now.

Also, I’ll be following up with my guy to see if he ran another run of Move along helmets to get out the first run.

Solo Bones these pictures are gorgeous! They look like stills from the movie.

Please let me know when you are ready to receive payment for the next batch of ANH Stormtrooper helmets (I'm on your list for two).

Solo Bones these pictures are gorgeous! They look like stills from the movie.

Please let me know when you are ready to receive payment for the next batch of ANH Stormtrooper helmets (I'm on your list for two).

I will, I confirmed with my helper we will start this week again on another run. And thank you!!

That bottom photo, trooper on the far left -- perfect posture for awkward ANH extra from 1977! :lol :clap

Lol! Right? That’s what I was going for...still trying to get better poses and photos..

EFC6ACD8-292A-4691-9E57-B3ADD90E0D99.jpeg

Loving these pics Will. The far left trooper has the classic awkward extra pose as someone else said. Did you just rest the helmet on top of the body without any neck post for that effect? Plenty of stormtroopers that looked that way in ANH ��

Yep! That’s exactly right...on some of my troopers I just rest the helmet on the body with the neck making and holding the angle. I like that look, but also some have a connection of sorts on a neck leg, either with a cheap rubber heat or some paper stuffed inside resting on a peg.

Back