Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100%, BDbt. There's a point where all the helpful suggestions become just an annoying buzz. Between all the comments in this thread about the portrait, the pose, and the outfit, think about it--you're asking SS to make a completely different figure! The production team has been working on this for months already. I would imagine by the time they're ready to preview a product on their website, it's way out of the "work-in-progress" stage, and the prototype's all but done.

Personally, I like the pose and costuming, and the vamp head looks good. As someone who's got every single Buffy and Angel product Sideshow's ever made, with the exclusive version of everything except 12" Spike and the Master, I throw the weight of my opinion into fixing the forehead wrinkles.

I agree 100%, BDbt. There's a point where all the helpful suggestions become just an annoying buzz. Between all the comments in this thread about the portrait, the pose, and the outfit, think about it--you're asking SS to make a completely different figure!

Not really a different one, just an actual ANGEL TV show accurate one.

Not really a different one, just an actual ANGEL TV show accurate one.

Exactly, i just think, if theres a chance it can be improved then why not try to get it improved

The costume maker actually told me, Sideshow choose the outfit, not her, the whole production team decides on it. She also says that they love to hear suggestions. So i ask, why not create a poll on their website, giving the fans the chance to get involved in the chosen outfit etc. That would be the best way to do it.

But if its still in the prototype stage, and not begun production. there is a good chance it can be changed.

Im sorry, but its a lot of money and we are entitled to out opinion on how the product does and should look like.

Its not like its going to be released next week. Spike went up for preorder almost a year ago, and he only began to ship in the last month or so. They do have time to change him...

I just sent Sideshow a note about my concerns (forgot to do it last weekend), and I stressed that the forehead wrinkles are the biggest issue. I doubt it will make a difference, but who knows.

I got another reply from the Tailor who makes the clothes for these figures. heres some portions of it

She says she is going to send my concerns to the team, but i dont think itll do much, but its worth going through this avenue.

Wayne

I primarily handle all the Premium Format Buffy line and her spin-off shows. I make three samples of each costume. One to be kept in house and the other two are shipped to China along with my patterns for mass production.

The Sideshow team is currently in San Diego for the yearly Comic Con event. However, when they return in a couple weeks I will mention your email again regarding the fan demand for the costume in your jpg. I will be sure your concerns are recognized. I cannot guarantee that it will be changed, as I do not know where they are with the production. But perhaps they can consider it for a future Angel version.

Thanks for that :) I myself can't see them changing the costume because there's nothing wrong with it except that it's not leather. If they do an alternate Angel PF and it turns out to be better than this one i will be dissapointed

That jacket is awful- it's too frumpy and the material makes it look huge.

I wouldn't have minded a 3/4 'leather' jacket or a full length fabric one that he wore too. But what they have picked is crap.

And i will be very annoyed if they make an alternate angel after we've all bought this one and he is wearing some cool outift instead.

But as i've said before, i really can't see them changing anything major about this now.

Yeah, same here! I very rarely buy PF figures as they are just so bloody expensive, and so if I commit to keep my order, I will get very annoyed if they do a 'Buffy' on him.

I'm not keen on this figure, but I really want something to go with my Spike. If I keep him It would be to re-work the face.

If only he had straightened legs, and wasn't leaning forward at the strange angle.

I really don't mind the costume, I'm more concerned about the wrinkles as the likeness is much too important to mess up. Saying that, Angel wore that coat once in a promo shoot - it hardly defines his character. An 'Angel' Season 1 "opening credits" duster coat would of been much better for this character. Isn't this figure meant to be from the Angel license, wouldn't it make more sense to have him in an Angel specific outfit than a Buffy one?

I hope our comments to Sideshow are taken on board. The current prototype is good, but it can become almost perfect with a few tweaks.

Oh I bet they won't somehow. I imagine that they've already struck moulds for this, and so won't want to go to the extra expense of creating new ones.

Sometimes I wonder if Sideshow even look at reference of the Charaters they intend to re-create.

Yeah, I doubt any changes will be made. I bet changes still could be made though. Darth Vader was revised 2 or 3 times at least.

Was he really? Thats interesting to know.

Maybe not all is lost after all. :eek:

Looked at the 360 and my opinion hasn't changed much, in fact the head looks even worse!

He still looks odd, mainly because those slightly bent knees make the whole piece look rather unstable, as if he's just about to tip over.

Please dear god, let them sort some of this out!

Are my eyes deceiving me or does Sideshow list the Spike PF at 22" and the Angel PF at 21"?!?!?!?!?! That's the same height at Buffy's PF, they must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angel towered over Buffy.

No matter how hunched the Angel PF may be there's no way in :devil - land that Angel's PF shouldn't be noticably TALLER than Spke and WAY taller than Buffy. David is a good 4 inches taller than James, and 7 or 8 inches taller than SMG. It's noticable in promo pics and was on the show as well. To have Angel the same height, or shorter than Buffy and Spike's PFs would make the piece and absolute joke, a major screw up! Tell me that's a misprint!!!!!

Back