Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I didn't realize that the Buffy PF was that tall. That looks a little too tall to be in scale with each other although you could argue that the scale is off on all three of them.

The scale is slightly off, but I don't care. They look so good sitting here together on my desk that I am willing to forgive such minor details.

Well to me that would be distracting. It would be like if the Princess Leia PF were nearly the same height as the Vader PF instead of being much shorter/smaller as she really was.

To me the height situation between Angel and Buffy is noticable but not distracting. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Well to me that would be distracting. It would be like if the Princess Leia PF were nearly the same height as the Vader PF instead of being much shorter/smaller as she really was.

FWIW, they don't look anywhere near that far out of scale to me.

SMG's published height is 5' 3", and David Boreanaz is about 6' 1". But, the Buffy PF is wearing at least 3" (scale) heels, bringing her up to at least 5' 6". Looking at the figures side by side (as I am doing right now :D), Buffy's eyeline is between 3/4" and 1" below Angel's, which would equate to a difference of close to 4 inches in height. With her wearing heels, and Angel's character slouching just a bit (well, let's be honest, he is slouching a bit ;)), the difference should be about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2", for a scale difference of 5-6 inches. So, the Buffy PF is too tall, but only 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I can live with that.

SMG's published height is 5' 3"

Oh I think she's an awful lot shorter then that. More like five feet high. JM is only about 5' 7/8 and look how much taller he is compared to her when they're in a two shot.

I don't see the scale as an issue as I look at the pieces as individual statues, I look at the sculpt, paint and quality of outfit on the piece. Although Buffy may not be the exact right height, she is still proportioned and looks great, so I find it hard to mark her down because she is slightly taller.

Oh I think she's an awful lot shorter then that. More like five feet high. JM is only about 5' 7/8 and look how much taller he is compared to her when they're in a two shot.

Every bio I've read for SMG has her height listed as 5' 3". Checking at imdb.com, I find that same height listed. And for James Marsters, the height they have listed for him is 5' 9 1/2", which is in the same ballpark as what I understood his height to be (5' 10"). Given that, this photo looks pretty much like what I expected (assuming she's wearing some kind of heels):

18452591.jpg

I also found one of SMG alongside Jack Black (whose height is listed as 5' 7"):

sarah-michelle-gellar-mtv-movie-awards-2002-mq.jpg

Not knowing what kind of heels either of them might be wearing here, it still looks about right for her to be 5' 3".

But as I said before, in the end it doesn't really matter that much anyway, since I am perfectly satisfied with the PF pieces as they stand.

FWIW, they don't look anywhere near that far out of scale to me.

SMG's published height is 5' 3", and David Boreanaz is about 6' 1". But, the Buffy PF is wearing at least 3" (scale) heels, bringing her up to at least 5' 6". Looking at the figures side by side (as I am doing right now :D), Buffy's eyeline is between 3/4" and 1" below Angel's, which would equate to a difference of close to 4 inches in height. With her wearing heels, and Angel's character slouching just a bit (well, let's be honest, he is slouching a bit ;)), the difference should be about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2", for a scale difference of 5-6 inches. So, the Buffy PF is too tall, but only 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I can live with that.

Buffy looks flat footed to me in the pictures but I don't have it so I will have to take your word for it.

I thought the top of her head only came up to his chin on the show.

This gives you a rough idea about their various heights. Even allowing for the fact Spikes a lot closer to camera then the other two, you can see how wee she really is. *g*

groupnj5.jpg

Received mine this morning :chew I know its a cliche but he really does look great in person, in fact he rivals Spike he is THAT good.

Received mine this morning :chew I know its a cliche but he really does look great in person, in fact he rivals Spike he is THAT good.

i got my shiping number last night (didnt check till this morning) i was hoping he would be here when i got in from college, but he wasnt. so ill be waiting for him all day tomorrow lol

I cant wait!

Wayne

*g* Yeah, I'm going to have to do the same thing. 'My Spike' turned up during a huge thunderstorm and downpour.

I hope Angel isn't going to have to suffer the same when he gets here. :rotfl

I've received my Angel and i like him. He's in my detolf displayed with his vampire head cause i find it oddly sexy, lol. I will take pictures tomorrow when there's better lighting.

I have a question to those who have received thier Angel already...Is the arm that's bent behind is back meant to be unattached?

I've received my Angel and i like him. He's in my detolf displayed with his vampire head cause i find it oddly sexy, lol. I will take pictures tomorrow when there's better lighting.

I have a question to those who have received thier Angel already...Is the arm that's bent behind is back meant to be unattached?

was u able to track yours using your tracking number?
mine doesnt seem to want to track
AND im p/o'ed did you pay for yours on flexpay? i paid for mine with a credit card, and i still dont have mine. i got my tracking number on the 5th!! its ment to take 1-2 days, today is the 2nd day!

better be here tomorrow

Wayne

Well is it's any comfort I also can't seem to use the tracking number for mine, and he hasn't turned up yet either.

Maybe he'll turn up on Monday now, as I believe Parcel Force don't deliver on a Saturday.

To add, I have the darndest time trying to fit that sword into his hand, as it keeps falling off. :rolleyes:

Back