Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on getting him, guys. :clap

I chose Angel over Darkness as well. It just made more sense to me. Darkness tips the coolness scale quite a bit, but I was never that big of a fan of the film. At last, not compared with my loyalty to the Buffy/Angel saga.

Funny, I favored the Darkness PF over the Angel PF and I am like you Monk, I am not a big fan of the film, but a die-hard Buffy/Angel fan.

What can I say, as a collector I am shallow. I go for looks.. and in my opinion the Darkness PF is much more eye candy vs. the Angel PF.

Only PFs I want from Buffy and Angel would be Buffy version 1 (which I own), Spike exclusive (which I am being lined up with), and a Faith, Cordelia, and perhaps even a Giles. Heck, I would love an Adam or Judge PF as well, but that won't be happening sadly.

They all look incredible. I have Alternate Buffy, which I am in love with, and ordered PF Angel. Sadly I do not want to see a Willow unless she is dark witch, and I don't want a Xander or Giles either. BUT I wouldn't mind a Faith or an Illyria. Of course we don't see why they would make an Illyria and not any main characters. Alot of us though really want her, so maybe that's reason enough.

So, does anyone happen to know who sculpted and did the clothes for the Angel PF?
Nothing on the box, nothing on the base and as far as I can see, nothing on the SS website.
Usually the website or statue base has the artist(s) that made it, but I can't find anything.

I believe it as the same bloke who sculpted the 12" Spike, and thats Olaf.

I want a Xander from Go Fish...

Oh come on, it would fit perfectly in line with all the others... sorta..?

I believe it as the same bloke who sculpted the 12" Spike, and thats Olaf.

Oluf Hartvigson, I believe, has sculpted ALL of the Buffy PF's... as well as the majority of the Buffy 12"ers.

Here's a link to his studio website... although he hasn't updated in awhile:

https://www.hartvigsonstudios.com/

He has also offered all of the Buffy PFs at his Ebay store at retail prices. He also signs them. That's there I got my Angel PF signed. Here's a link:

https://stores.ebay.com/HartvigsonStudios-Signature-Store

thanks guys. I've got Oluf's email so will confirm when I have a chance.
I'm almost getting an Oluf collection more then anything else, got around 5 statues that he has done.
I wonder if I can convince him to tell me if he's working on another Buffy/Angel PF :rotfl

So now I just need to find out who made the clothes, likely either Gidget Earle or Greg Mowry.

this may sound pervy, but what's under Angel and Spike's shirts? Is it fully painted/sculpted?? Or do the clothes cover imperfection?

this may sound pervy, but what's under Angel and Spike's shirts? Is it fully painted/sculpted?? Or do the clothes cover imperfection?

Not so much imperfections, but just base polystone for the most part, in some cases a solid skin tone paint (a quick full airbrush base layer most likely) and thats about it.

Some have a bit more, like the Leia PF, which has an all white leotard painted on with the legs and arms all skin tone due to the white dress being a little transparent.

The Buffy 'dress' PF also has some painting underneath, along with all the rest, given that so much can be seen normally. So sometimes they will do a basic paint app under clothes, but other times they don't even do that and you never get any paint layers/tones or details.

thats good I guess. I was thinking about doing an open shirt angel premium format custom, but I am not 100% on how the chest looks underneath. Hopefully it's nice and solid skin tone.

thats good I guess. I was thinking about doing an open shirt angel premium format custom, but I am not 100% on how the chest looks underneath. Hopefully it's nice and solid skin tone.

Well, I had a close a look as I could (the shirt and top of the jacket are all stitched together), and its solid, but I'm not sure I'd call it that great a skin tone, very pale. If your plan is to do an open shirt look, then I think your going to need a painter.

From a lack of anyone replying, in my little opinion, I have a feeling you'll be somewhat disapointed on the body shape as well.
While it does have the basic shape, from what I can tell, there is no details like muscle definition or anything like that. Its just the basic correct form that will fill or push out the clothes so things look right.

I own a few PF's and unless there is a reason for it, anything that is under clothes is usually pretty basic, its generally only the head, hands and feet that are fully sculpted. The best example of that is the Obi-Wan PF, as soon as you get past the feet, the legs are little more then round poles of polystone, positioned to place the feet in the right spot and fill out the clothes so it looks right.

At the other extreame would be the 7 of 9 PF, due to the very tight clothes, you can see that she is pretty much fully sculpted underneath (since she needs to be), you can even see that the knees have shape, form and ridges in them. I doubt much is painted other then the head and lower arm/hands, but the sculpt is there.

Putting custom mods aside for a bit, I have found one major problem with the Angel PF, its a 100% lint magent.

And whats worse is that its then darn hard to get those little bits of fluff off. Unlike the Alt Buffy (and I'd expect the original one), you can't just brush or blow it clean, this stuff really sticks to both his jacket and pants.

Anyone have a good cleaning solution.

Putting custom mods aside for a bit, I have found one major problem with the Angel PF, its a 100% lint magent.

And whats worse is that its then darn hard to get those little bits of fluff off. Unlike the Alt Buffy (and I'd expect the original one), you can't just brush or blow it clean, this stuff really sticks to both his jacket and pants.

Anyone have a good cleaning solution.

Haha, this is not a cleaning solution but what I do with my Buffy is keep the plastic over her. When she came out of the box she had a plastic around her, which I suspect all of them do, so I keep that on her unless someone is coming over. I can still see her thru the plastic but she is covered. And with the little holes in the bag, she can still breathe too, hahahaha. :)

Haha, this is not a cleaning solution but what I do with my Buffy is keep the plastic over her. When she came out of the box she had a plastic around her, which I suspect all of them do, so I keep that on her unless someone is coming over. I can still see her thru the plastic but she is covered. And with the little holes in the bag, she can still breathe too, hahahaha. :)

yeah, they tend to all come wrapped in a small plastic bag and while one could still see them, it just wouldn't be the same.
The real solution is a display case or clear perspex cover, but I just don't have the room for that, mine are all packed in pretty close.

Guess I'll just have to spend more time cleaning.

yeah, they tend to all come wrapped in a small plastic bag and while one could still see them, it just wouldn't be the same.
The real solution is a display case or clear perspex cover, but I just don't have the room for that, mine are all packed in pretty close.

Guess I'll just have to spend more time cleaning.

I have the room, just not the money. Those things are expensive. I would rather put that dough towards another figure and leave the rap on :).

Back