Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i have no intention of even touching the Vamp sculpt, that looks fine to me

Sorry I wasn't more clear... I meant the human face. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

People have been very vocal about their disatisfaction with it... I wonder who will draw first blood er, polystone. :rolleyes:

angel03.jpg

Looks WAY too old IMHO...

Yep, 'Grandad Angel' has made an appearance again. :rotfl

I just don't know why they manage to bugger this sort of thing up when it comes to him. A terrible shame as Spike was so good.

Got mine today!
Angel is superb! Just as good as Spike imo. None of the pics thus far have anything on the actual piece. Theres no shine on the piece, but a very natural skin tone. The pose looks fantastic (especially with the Vamp head) and the regular head isnt nearly as bad as its being made out to be.
Love it:D
Will try and get pics soon, however Im very busy and I just opened Angel to get him on display.
Angelus looks crazy cool.
:chew

I'll have mine tomorrow. I was never a big fan of the pose/outfit they chose for this piece, but I'm hopeful that I won't be disappointed once I have it.

I think, that if you liked it enough to order it, then you wont be disapointed.
I think its very different when you see photos and then pick up the actual figure.

I remember seeing pics of Spike, i loved it. But actually having the figure in my hands and putting it on my shelf, is completelty different to seeing photos.

I cant wait to get it

Wayne

Got mine today!

Yes, it has the wrinkly forehead that makes him look 20 years older. But it still looks good. Like some others have said, I am displaying him with his game face on anyway - which is a great sculpt - so I am very happy!

The sculpt looks far better than the pic there. No discredit to Robo's photo's but in person the statue and sculpt look far beyond any pics taken currently. And DB's likeness is still there!

The sculpt looks far better than the pic there. No discredit to Robo's photo's but in person the statue and sculpt look far beyond any pics taken currently. And DB's likeness is still there!

I can understand what people are saying about the wrinkles BUT, you will be suprised how many times you see them on Davids face when he is acting, from Buffy, all the way through to Bones.

The thing thats actually throwing it off for me, is the hair. I wish it were more Spiked and "triangular" in shape. This hairsculpt is rather flat and i think it makes him look 20 years older.

BUT, for Spike. didnt they just use a larger version of the 12" one? Why couldnt they have used the City of, Angel headsculpt, which, in my opinion, was pretty darn perfect. They could have just reworked the hair. Because, surely, working in a 1/4 scale gives you more room for detail than a 1/6 one.

But meh, i cant wait to get mine, and i will be reworking the human head. Might even attempt to make him a leather jacket....who knows lol

Damn it, i hope they hurry and ship to the EU, i just got a top up Student Loan to pay for this baby lol

Wayne

I got mine (#47) yesterday and I like it a lot more than I was expecting to. The pose is really cool, and while I would have prefered a more appropriate outfit, I can live with this one. I agree that the human head looks better in person. The likeness is definitely there, but the wrinkles still annoy me. Angel's vamp headsculpt is just as amazing as Spike's human sculpt.

I decided to use rewards points towards this piece when I pre-ordered it because I didn't feel like it was going to be worth the full $250. I got it for about $200 shipped, but if I had paid full price I would have no regrets.

My fingers are crossed for Faith and/or Willow.

I can understand what people are saying about the wrinkles BUT, you will be suprised how many times you see them on Davids face when he is acting, from Buffy, all the way through to Bones.

Yeah, you noticed that too, eh? :rolleyes:

he looks better than i thought he would based on the sideshow pics...not sure why, but i always like the figures better when people post theirs..sideshow's pics dont always capture the details.

Still don't like the jacket though. he needs his leather!

Any ideas when Angel will begin shipping to the UK?
Ive paid my mum back in full and now, im really really excited to get it
Chamone, Sideshow!
Wayne

A MONTH!!! I want him now lol

Anyways, i was looking at the photos on Slaterverse, and i saw this. Ive seen it loads of times before, but i only just noticed.

I know most people have probably already seen this but here it is anyway.

Does this pose look familiar to anyone? Particularly his legs?

Click Here

Im pretty sure thats what the statue is based on

Wayne

this is a nice serie of PF....Of course I prefer the Vampire heads on both Spike and Angel...:monkey3

A MONTH!!! I want him now lol

Anyways, i was looking at the photos on Slaterverse, and i saw this. Ive seen it loads of times before, but i only just noticed.

I know most people have probably already seen this but here it is anyway.

Does this pose look familiar to anyone? Particularly his legs?

Click Here

Im pretty sure thats what the statue is based on

Wayne

I think it's more likely (body wise anyway) to be based on this very early Buffy publicity shot love. I posted this image miles back, when I first saw what Sideshow had done with him. It just might about worked if they had given him a more youthful face, but as it stands..not so much.

Note the costume and the stance....

0angelusek9.jpg

Back