Angel PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES! I was unimpressed by the first pics, he looked very out of proportion. But these new pics are fantastic. I think he looks really really good, and now I can't wait to get him.

Excellent, thanks Binky! I cant wait for mine to arrive! I have his place ready for him.
The human sculpt would actually be fantastic if not for the rolls on the forehead, it looks exactly like DB, its just frustrating as the rolls if fixed, could have made the human sculpt perfect. I guess you could possibly sand them down and resculpt it a little bit if anyone wanted it changed. Im displaying mine with the Vamp head so I dont mind though.
More pics more pics!:D
:chew

Thanks for posting pics. He looks amazing. I love him, i think i actually prefer him over Spike. His vamp face looks well cool, just like the prototype, and so different from the first photos someone posted.
OK, the human portrait could have looked slightly better, but David Boreanaz does have them lines on his forehead, especially when he is looking up slightly, so really, they are accurate, especially in recent photos of him and in some older photos. i love it
He looks wicked next to Buffy and spike and i cant wait to get him.
I actually like his outfit in those pictures and his stance really does look like hes getting ready to kick someones ass, possibly Spikes ;)
Thanks for the photos and keep the coming
Wayne

Here's mine (#101):

angel01.jpg

angel02.jpg

angel03.jpg

angel04.jpg

angel05.jpg

angel06.jpg

angel07.jpg

Oh more excellent images! Thanks for those.

I can't wait to get hold of that human faced head and try remolding and re-working it. Those wrinkles have got to go!

I like him very much. The wrinkles on the human head aren't nearly as pronounced or noticeable in person. The expression is a bit vacant, almost like he's lost in thought, but it's still OK. And the vamp head is very intense.

I also like the quality of the clothes quite a bit. Good detail and workmanship. It is going to be a bear to keep it dusted though, being all black.

I haven't dug out Spike and Buffy, but thanks for those side-by-side Binky. Just noticed there that Buffy is way too tall though. She shouldn't come up to the chins of the guys.

Bleh all three look really good together...it's going to make me regret passing on Spike :(

We'll once I get Angel sometime next week I'll have to make a decision, though from the pictures it looks like the Vampire Head is defintely the better for the two.

Evan

Vamp angel head looks awesome but human Angel head with the wrinkles is just wrong IMHO. For $250, they really should have fixed that. Looks like Angel's skeptical old uncle. And the eyes are too light in color.

The only thing I see that has changed quite a bit from the prototype are the paint apps. On the production piece the paint appears to be far thicker on the sculpt and it looks like its lost a bit of detailing, its more noticeable on the Vamp sculpt. The vamp lines arent as sharp and detailed.
Probably looks better in person though, hopefully tomorrow!:D

The vamp face looks pretty good, but the human sculpt isn't as good as the City Of 1/6th sculpt, and for the price point that's ridiculous.

And why do they always make him look so old?!

Too much to process right now. I'm not sure wether I'm loving what i see or I am not impressed at all. The vamped head looks worse than the prototye, but cool enough, the human head looks better than the prototype, but still has issues (wrinkles and absence of expression). So, in all, I don't know what to think... I gess I'll have to wait to see him in person. I'm sure he will look great with Spike and Buffy.

So... is there anybody out there who is going to customize their Angel PF? Namely, take some sand paper and smooth out the forehead and re-paint it? :confused:

So... is there anybody out there who is going to customize their Angel PF? Namely, take some sand paper and smooth out the forehead and re-paint it? :confused:

Well, i have no intention of even touching the Vamp sculpt, that looks fine to me

BUT i will be making a mould of the Human face and recasting, and reworking it.

I was also thinking about attempting to make a leather jacket for him. But that depends if i like the outfit he is in when i get it
Ive never made clothes in this scale but ive made clothes for 1/6, they werent great but they were ok

Wayne

Mine is going back for a replacement. That's 2 of 3...first Spike and now Angel. Only Buffy didn't have major quality control issues.

Back