Angel Box Set Available at Best Buy... NOW!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show's real strength lies in the writing. Great stories, and some of the best dialogue and character development I have ever seen on tv. There is some great acting as well. If anything the special effects are sometimes the weak point, but for me that's easily overlooked due to the fact this is a tv show, and everything else on both shows outweigh the needs for showy visuals.

Just my two cents though.:cool:

reminded me of 'charmed'. like i said, the only reason to watch was the bouncing cast. but that is just my opinion and no show can be loved by all or all shows would have a neilsen rating of 100%, which would be impossible. i guess some responders in this thread wish to throw the tv world off it's viewing axis. :lol

Actually there's usually a consensus of intelligent viewers on what is, or is not, a good show.

FYI, trolls aren't welcome in Whedonville.

didn't realize that this was the praise buffy or die thread and you were the local chapter fan club president. :rotfl

Dude, you're in Whedonville. Sections like this are meant for "fans" to talk about Whedon-related topics. The key work here being "fan". It's not all going to be praise, but atleast its from fans of the shows. So with all due respect, you really are in the wrong place.

I for one love Angel. It was very well written, with the best character development around. The last season being the best, in my opinion. Very witty dialogue (which can be lost on some :rolleyes:) Angel airs twice every weekday morning here in NYC. I've seen the whole series about 5 times over, if not more. Although I'd love to own the DVDs, I'm afraid I'll buy them and never open because I see it on tv everyday! Now if anyone can tell me that it comes with great extras, then I'm there. So does it?

Eric

reminded me of 'charmed'. like i said, the only reason to watch was the bouncing cast. but that is just my opinion and no show can be loved by all or all shows would have a neilsen rating of 100%, which would be impossible. i guess some responders in this thread wish to throw the tv world off it's viewing axis. :lol

That is an amazing non sequitur there, Tyler.

sorry, i have never heard that expression before. and if it was obvious i had, being that everyone has then why ask? didn't realize that this was the praise buffy or die thread and you were the local chapter fan club president. :rotfl

Actually it's a popular statement that is known by most. Doesn't matter anyway, since you obviously don't get it. Nobody is asking you to like the show, but what's the point in coming on here and knocking down the shows? Unless your goal is to be a sh!.t disturber, in which case you have succeeded.

Now stop being a troll and scoot on out of here. This is Whedonville, a place in which fans come together and discuss all things pertaining to Joss Whedon's body of work. This isn't a place for the anti-fan. You got beef, display it elsewhere.

has anybody seen this at Best Buy yet? I checked the local store here in Anchorage and no dice.

Evan

Yep, see it at several Best Buy's around here but I think they only put out one at a time. Ask them to check their stock and see if they have any in back.

Oh I cant stand Charmed. The acting and dialogue is SO cringe worthy, I dont see why its so popular. If not for having three female leads.
Btw Robo, LOVE the signature. Blink was fantastic!

I went to Bestbuy today and there was one set left. I guess $99 was last weeks sale price, it was marked $124.99 - Bummer.

Back