Andy Bergholtz Christian Bale TDK RESCULPT.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
can anybody geuss what I did to it?

Before and After.
COMP.jpg

Picture009-13.jpg

Picture006-11.jpg

Picture001-20.jpg

More hair on the sides and sanded down the chin? The chin especially is an improvement. I love Andy B.'s sculpts, but they do have a tendency to be just a hair on the charicature side. The smaller chin gives it a more realistic appearance.

More hair on the sides and sanded down the chin? The chin especially is an improvement. I love Andy B.'s sculpts, but they do have a tendency to be just a hair on the charicature side. The smaller chin gives it a more realistic appearance.

I want to paint this baby up so bad, but I'm gonna wait for my buddy scarlet's medicom indy.. see what I could do with that.

don't worry red, I didn't for get you :rock :lol

and iforingo (i'm looking into how to cast, I know how but would like to perfect it before anything) :rock

No one has a problem with slightly altering someone elses sculpt and then molding and casting it? If you are doing one for your own collection that's one thing but selling these castings isn't much different from recasting, is it? There are several talented sculptors who wont come near custom head work because of these types of projects. It seems like there are a few people doing these resculpts and then casting and selling them. Just wondered what everyone's opinions were on this. Now if you have Bergholtz permission I guess it isn't an issue.

hey yruh8n, thanks for asking that but I didn't plan on selling anything... and even if I did of course I would ask Mr. Bergholtz first. :huh :huh

Last edited:
its not like your casting andys head and selling it. you customized your own version. i know its a grey area for some. in my opinion i see no problem with it. and if i made this BB version and saw this TDK version? i would love it and want one. and i would ecpect it for free! lol this is what we call "customizing" its the bread and butter of this awesome hobby we all love! luckily we have a forum to all share our ideas and oooo and aahhh at all the dream toys we always wanted and NOW CAN HAVE :)

its not like your casting andys head and selling it. you customized your own version. i know its a grey area for some. in my opinion i see no problem with it. and if i made this BB version and saw this TDK version? i would love it and want one. and i would ecpect it for free! lol this is what we call "customizing" its the bread and butter of this awesome hobby we all love! luckily we have a forum to all share our ideas and oooo and aahhh at all the dream toys we always wanted and NOW CAN HAVE :)

As long as Andy isn't still selling it himself then I don't have a problem.

can anybody geuss what I did to it?

Before and After.

Picture001-20.jpg

Looks awesome, one change that would immediately make it more accurate though is dremmeling down the V of the nose a bit, see the comparison picture, the V feature of Bale's nose is quite exagerrated on the sculpt, and would greatly benefit from some reduction.

yeah man, that is just insane! i didn't think andy's sculpt could be improved upon, but you have this talent for noticing the most subtle things in facial structure. that's an awesome skill to have - leads to perfect scupts :bow

Looks awesome, one change that would immediately make it more accurate though is dremmeling down the V of the nose a bit, see the comparison picture, the V feature of Bale's nose is quite exagerrated on the sculpt, and would greatly benefit from some reduction.

yeah I redid it after looking at that picture.. actually my friend tony mei pointed that out to me like a year ago but I didn't listen.. lol I shaved it down. expect painted pictures this weekend.. or when ever scarlet's medicom indy head arrives.

thanks for all the feedback fella's but the main person to praise is Andy Bergholtz. without him none of this would be possible. THANK YOU ANDY :rock

Looks great!!! Please post some painted pictures if and when it gets painted.

hey yruh8n, thanks for asking that but I didn't plan on selling anything... and even if I did of course I would ask Mr. Bergholtz first. :huh :huh

okay, but maybe you can see where I made the assumptioned. You mentioned you "wanted to get better at casting before anything". Even if you are giving them away you are still taking potential sales away from legitiment sculptors. I have been trying to lure more sculptors into doing custom heads, but most bulk at it because of this type of project and outright recasting. You have a lot of customizers now who will buy a head and make 4 or 5 castings of it for friends. This isn't helping to motivate more sculptor's interest. I saw recasting ravage one hobby I love already (garage kits), and I would hate to see it happen again. If no one has a problem with this I've said my piece. I would like to see AB's opinion on it though. Also I realize you aren't the only person doing this.

okay, but maybe you can see where I made the assumptioned. You mentioned you "wanted to get better at casting before anything". Even if you are giving them away you are still taking potential sales away from legitiment sculptors. I have been trying to lure more sculptors into doing custom heads, but most bulk at it because of this type of project and outright recasting. You have a lot of customizers now who will buy a head and make 4 or 5 castings of it for friends. This isn't helping to motivate more sculptor's interest. I saw recasting ravage one hobby I love already (garage kits), and I would hate to see it happen again. If no one has a problem with this I've said my piece. I would like to see AB's opinion on it though. Also I realize you aren't the only person doing this.

i agree with you totally, bud. but again, i don't think ven has any plans to cast lots of these and sell them, or even give them away as far as i know. ven is one of the people on these boards that has the utmost respect for the hobby and what sculptors do. but then he has resculpted it, and if andy's ok with it (he's no longer offering or selling casts as far as i know) why not sell them on?

Andy doesn't own this piece. I own all molds and the original sculpt.

Andy doesn't own this piece. I own all molds and the original sculpt.

ah yes, very very very true! wofford's the guy ven would need to check with. what's your take on this dude? while it's ok for ven to resculpt his own copy, how do you feel about recasting? it's down to each individual that owns a sculpt and the only right or wrong here is in whether the resculptor follows the wishes of that individual.

Back