Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
I just repainted Anakin's lips and highlighted the hair a bit. I'm really happy with the lip color now and he just looks much more like Hayden IMO. I am currently trying to get some pics, but my camera phone is not wanting to show a close up without getting blurry. So I am going to wait until this weekend and develop the pics for all to see....

:D Thanks for the inspiration Mikey.

Cool Josh...must see pix...and make them good ones this time:lol

Customikey said:
Let it be known that I'll be glad to do basic lip repaints for a mere $15.

I prefer to paint in my comfy chair. Although I'm certain the crate lends artistic majesty to ones work.

Who would oppose that!? Excellent work, the sculpt is great, and the paint now can be pretty close as well. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
Who would oppose that!? Excellent work, the sculpt is great, and the paint now can be pretty close as well. :cool:

Exactly LF, why not make a great figure supergreat as intended!

First post here, long time 1/6 collector. Suffice to say, Sideshow's 1/6 figs were nough to get me back into Star Wars, after a long break. I will be sending my Anakin to Mikey, however, when I receive him.

kingdarkness03 said:
Cool Josh...must see pix...and make them good ones this time:lol

I will do so...for sure!! :lol

Mine are a tad darker than Mikey's, just to be different...lol. Though I might have to tweak the hair some more later... just not exactly the shade I want. But you can expect pics this weekend for sure!!

Mikey, your Anakin repaint looks awesome!

What paint(s) did you use to achieve that blended look for the lips?

hairlesswookiee said:
josh im gonna have to travel up to G'ville with my camera so you can take some good pics!!!!

Alright we are gonna have to use the Josh numbering system. I keep reading my name and thinking folks are talking to me. :rotfl

hairlesswookiee said:
yeah sorry, i keep forgeting how many of you josh guys are around here.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Yeah....I know man... my camera situation sucks. Before I started customizing, it was excuseable... but not anymore. :monkey2

I'm gonna go to my parents this week to announce my engagement, so I will probably ask to borrow my Dad's digital camera to score some proper pics of my stuff and repost it. :D

Got mine on Saturday. Wasn't very happy with the paint application on the eyes and lips. I retouched it a little to make him less gothic and more valiant jedi. Check it out!

Jango56031 said:
Got mine on Saturday. Wasn't very happy with the paint application on the eyes and lips. I retouched it a little to make him less gothic and more valiant jedi. Check it out!

Not bad Jango....looks pretty good, do you do alot of customizing?

Jango56031 said:

Seems to be a lot of this going on... from a lot of boards

but let me ask you guys this.

Didn't Andy Bergholtz do a superb sculpt?
I think he "hit it out of the park" (a phrase he used to praise fellow SSC Sculptor Oluf Hartvigson.)

Absolutely pjam, the sculpt Andy did is an absolute homerun. I wish I could say the same for the paint though, it is pretty bad IMO. He looks like a girl with that lipstick and eyeliner. I don't know, everyone here seems to be getting over it though, or looking at everything else about the figure to avoid the makeup issue, which is great if you can do that. The costume is fantastic, really great. I definately disagree with the hood being too big complaints, watch the movie again, his hood is frikkin huge. I just can't get past that paint though. Either he goes for a touchup or he goes. Period.

Darth Rage said:
Absolutely pjam, the sculpt Andy did is an absolute homerun. I wish I could say the same for the paint though, it is pretty bad IMO. He looks like a girl with that lipstick and eyeliner. I don't know, everyone here seems to be getting over it though, or looking at everything else about the figure to avoid the makeup issue, which is great if you can do that. The costume is fantastic, really great. I definately disagree with the hood being too big complaints, watch the movie again, his hood is frikkin huge. I just can't get past that paint though. Either he goes for a touchup or he goes. Period.

It is truly amazing how a clear cut killer sculpt can suffer with less than thrilling paint apps. SSC need stricter QC measures at the factory level, it's worth it because I agree, just about EVERYTHING else about this figure, from the costuming to the accessories is insane crazy good, best ever made.

CONGRATS AND THANK YOU ANDY BERGHOLTZ ON AN AMAZING SCULPT!!!

Back