An Avengers Thanos Hot Toy coming soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordthanos

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Was wondering if Sideshow have any plans on making a Thanos Hot Toy? Since he is the major villain in the Avengers movie looking forward.
It would be cool as hell to have him holding the lit Cosmic Cube or a lit Infinity Gauntlet and also have a removable helmet. I would buy a few and I know plenty of people wanting one too!

Considering that we never saw his entire body, there is really no chance of getting a Hot Toys figure of him from the Avengers film. When the sequel comes out, assuming HT is still alive and kicking, then I would bet on it.

Considering that we never saw his entire body, there is really no chance of getting a Hot Toys figure of him from the Avengers film. When the sequel comes out, assuming HT is still alive and kicking, then I would bet on it.

All Sideshow have to do is ask Marvel for a full drawing. Heck, I have plenty of original art work from covers that he has appeared in. Ever since the movie Avengers come out, Marvel has been reprinting old Thanos story lines, TPB's and graphic novels just so Thanos gets more exposure. What better way to get more exposure than having Sideshow do a Hot Toy figure. They already did a Thans PF a couple f yers ago.

I'm just trying to help you reduce expectations. It isn't going to happen. SSC may do a comic style Thanos, sure. But a film character that never got a full reveal, and who only appeared for about 5 second on the screen isn't going to happen until he is being prepped for a full film reveal. Also, FYI, Sideshow does not produce Hot Toys figures. They distribute figures from Hot Toys. As such, I doubt seriously that any VIP will be able to assist you with your request.

Sideshow and Hot Toys are two separate companies. Sideshow doesn't make Hot Toys

I'm just trying to help you reduce expectations. It isn't going to happen. SSC may do a comic style Thanos, sure. But a film character that never got a full reveal, and who only appeared for about 5 second on the screen isn't going to happen until he is being prepped for a full film reveal. Also, FYI, Sideshow does not produce Hot Toys figures. They distribute figures from Hot Toys. As such, I doubt seriously that any VIP will be able to assist you with your request.

Oops, my bad. Always thought they were one entity.
One can only wish...sure hope they do make one later on.

Well some of the designs were put out there by Whedon himself So???

URL]

thanos-images_zpsc78b1bd5.png

thanos-images-2_zps71c125d4.png

I still don't think that means they'll make one now. He was just a teaser character after the credits. More money will be made off of Thanos if they save him for a release after he's featured as a prominent villain in a new movie.

The folks at Marvel have an interest in keeping his total design a mystery until the next one comes out (concept art aside). At which point, they will capitalize on it with products out the wazoo. Like Ben says, it's gonna happen. Just not for a couple more years or whenever the next movie comes out.

The folks at Marvel have an interest in keeping his total design a mystery until the next one comes out (concept art aside). At which point, they will capitalize on it with products out the wazoo. Like Ben says, it's gonna happen. Just not for a couple more years or whenever the next movie comes out.

Yes Marvel, please flood the market with Thanos products!! For once I'm all for it.

Back