Amoktime..poor quality and customer service!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoktime quality??

• have you dealt with poor quailty products?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • poor customer service?

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
I don't mind threads like this because it keeps me away from a possibly bad situation.

However, I'm not sure what the point is of the poll above. It makes no sense. Are you aksing me to choose a question? Are you asking how many people have had these issues -- if so, you have nothing to compare that number to. 6 people did have issues, but against how many that haven't? The poll should have been a Yes or NO on Poor Customer service.

I just wish Amok Time would provide some details on what happened with the retro Battlestar Galactica line. They revealed all of these figures, even got Sideshow in the mix, and then nothing all mention of them vanishes from their web site.

It's been two years now, since I preordered those figures (Boomer, Athena etc.).
All my mails to Amoktime regarding those preorders have been unanswered.
It's really frustrating.
I recently asked Sideshow, if Boomer will be available in March 2010 (as written on Sideshows page).
They said that the figure "is still expected to arrive this month"...

It's been two years now, since I preordered those figures (Boomer, Athena etc.).
All my mails to Amoktime regarding those preorders have been unanswered.
It's really frustrating.
I recently asked Sideshow, if Boomer will be available in March 2010 (as written on Sideshows page).
They said that the figure "is still expected to arrive this month"...

I had preordered the Athena figure, but I've completely given up on this figure ever being released. Really disappointing.

I don't think that enough people realize what it takes to get figures made. Sure, we all saw prototypes of the BSG figures [just using them as an example]. After being shown preorders are taken. If there aren't enough preorders to meet the factories minimum requirements then that figure [or set] gets either backburnered or cancelled. Tack on to that the factories will often push the bigger companies orders in front of the smaller companies and you've got delays on top of delays. I'm not saying this excuses poor email communicatiion or CS but it should definitely be taken into consideration.
I remember Sideshow announcing Happy Days as a license when they were getting into 1:6, but never saw anything produced. No one cries about that. And I have seen at least one custom sculpt from that series created so there must be some interest. Just probably not enough to warrant a whole line [although it would have provided some nice civis]. Playing Mantis showed prototypes for their Captain Action line of Speed Racer and the Jonny Quest cast. They, sadly, also never happened. And then there are all the threads devoted to lines that were never copmpleted....

I've been to their retail store in Long Island, NY. I've picked up a few items and never had an issue. Can't comment on their customer service as I just looked around and picked up what I was interested in.

Back