Amoktime..poor quality and customer service!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoktime quality??

• have you dealt with poor quailty products?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • poor customer service?

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

zombiebear

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I received the "Amoktime Boris Karloff " figure for my b-day a few weeks ago. At first glance I was shocked..they don't tye the figures in anymore and he was bunched up at the bottom of the package!
Upon opening the package I noticed they now use low quality plastic for the heads..like the type used for barbies..all squishy!

One of the heads has a bad pull with a dented cheek .. but,the kicker was when I tried to switch heads the inner hole plastic tore out of the neck with the peg! So the head no longer fits the brand new figure! Grrr!

Oh, and he has yellowish hands! yellow hands!

I called Amoktime and was told to return it to the store where it came from. That store however has a no return policy on collectibles!

I asked why I can't just request new heads or it return to them and was told they have no heads on hand and thats there policy!

Just giving you a heads up on this!

They make you wait forever for new product and when it comes in it's crappy quality!

Shame on Amoketime!

I was a big fan till this happened!

Amoktime deserves to be out of business...they are the worst with customer service and politeness..I will never buy from them again

I just got my 1:1 Palpatine from them through Amazon's Marketplace yesterday. Showed up mint with no problems.

I was happy with my Gort and Klaatu 2-pack. I'm no longer pre-ordering from them as it seems like a waste of time... but will still buy some of their stuff.

I have been happy till this time.. I have 5 other products they created....but, this was so wrong I had to let others nknow!

I just wish Amok Time would provide some details on what happened with the retro Battlestar Galactica line. They revealed all of these figures, even got Sideshow in the mix, and then nothing all mention of them vanishes from their web site.

I had a good run up until the time a pre-order I had was cancelled. When I asked, they said it was because they had run out of stock. This was just after it arrived and it's still up on their site for sale.

I made further enquiries but was ignored. They can't even organise themselves to take my money. Mistakes happen, but when you try to sort it out and they can't accomplish a sale, what can you do? I still have a pre-order in for Blacula. Well I hope I do. There's no clear direction on their site to look at your account or log in. Pretty poor.

If it's a manufacturing defect you should contact Executive Replicas. They are the company that actually produced the figure (Amoktime is their distributor). They had some issues with the previous run of female figures, but they were making good on the botched work the factory did. Before belittling a company for a damaged/inferior product, you should address the right people and give them the oppertunity to make it right. If the company that actually made the product wont stand behind it, then it's fair to proclaim open season on their reputation.

I guess its good I never had any issues with my orders from Amok Time, but so far I've only ever ordered one thing from them.

Still happy to see them attempting to make so many oddball 1/6 figures.

I just wish Amok Time would provide some details on what happened with the retro Battlestar Galactica line. They revealed all of these figures, even got Sideshow in the mix, and then nothing all mention of them vanishes from their web site.

They're available all over the place. I have a Cylon guarding my computer.

I've never dealt with Amok Time but I can't really fault them for not taking back a product that was not purchased directly. I wouldn't expect them to. They'd be taking back every cheapie, used Ebay item in exchange for new goods.

i've bought from them before. no problem with getting it shipped and delivered but their emails can be crazy slow. i placed an order and sent a question on another item they had and i got the order in and the response didnt come for like 2 weeks later. other than that they deliver

That's because this is clearly another, "Hey, let's maliciously pick up the torches and slam another manufacturer who's not HotToys!" thread.

No... it' s not! I don't own any HOT TOYS figures !..So you should learn your battle before going to war !

I was sharing and asking others thoughts..nothing more nothing less!

Back