American Sniper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pew-pew-murca.jpg

^^ town I grew up in had pretty much a single law enforcement guy. He looked like that, except he wore badass sunglasses and weight-lifting gloves all the time. Just like the Terminator!

And people think our community here on the Freaks is "just the worst". :lol
We can't all be Spawn.com or twitter, Deckard. It's important to recognize and embrace your limitations IMO.

But at least we have something to strive towards. Because we're the community the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

I think those people who are upset and angry about the film need to look at images from the last Boston marathon or the Charlie Hebdo attack.

:lol

Also, none of those other characters from those other films were "Legends". They were neurotic, three dimensional, and kind of ****ed in the head.

Haven't read the book, and don't plan on it, but what did Chris Kyle do that was so legendary anyways?

Most confirmed kills of any sniper in U.S. history.

Unless by legendary, you mean in the fictional, mythological sense, in which case he beat up Jesse Ventura.

That's actually a good point that I never thought of. I wonder what the SEALS and military community think of the book and movie? Surely they would think he was a sell out for the book alone? Those guys seem pretty hush hush about the things they go through, not blabbing about it on talk shows and such.

That's actually a good point that I never thought of. I wonder what the SEALS and military community think of the book and movie? Surely they would think he was a sell out for the book alone? Those guys seem pretty hush hush about the things they go through, not blabbing about it on talk shows and such.

From what I hear, they love it.

As a Marine Veteran whose MOS was 0317 Scout Sniper; Do I think such things should be kept hush hush? Yes.

Do I think he was a sell out for the book alone? I'm ambivalent on the matter.

It's actually pretty much what's going on with the SEAL who claims to have killed Bin Laden as well. A lot of people are doubting it and accusing him of lying.

My thing with this guy/movie is this: there have been loads of other guys in US military history that have done far greater deeds than just killing 160 enemy soldier; Hell, even if you want to talk snipers only, where's the movie on Gunny Hathcock? Now that guy actually did some pretty fantastic things, like belly crawling for four days with no rest through enemy occupied territory to take out an NVA officer. Darth Snoopy, I'm sure given your MOS you are familiar with guys like Hathcock, Chuck Mawhinney, etc.

99% of the guys in SOF are not like these guys who write books, give interviews, etc. The term "Quiet Professional" actually means something to MOST guys in Special Operations. There have been a number of very vocal critics from the Teams.

Originally Posted by DiFabio

Brandon Webb, a former Navy SEAL sniper instructor who helped train Chris Kyle.
What 'American Sniper' Got Right and Wrong | abc7.com

Back