AMC Goodfellas TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone think of TV Series that spun off from a movie ever being successful other than MASH?

Stargate?

Friday Night Lights?

Sadly I can remeber Delta House and Private Benjamin.:slap:lol

Mob shows need swearing and violence, only way to do it or else it's like a toned down B movie version. if your are going to do a mob project make it accurate, that's why l love sopranos and Boardwalk Empire.

I have only watched the first season of "Walking Dead" and as l said in that thread last year is it should of been done George Romero style, more dark, more gore (yes there was gore, but still smaller scale then average zombie flicks) should of had more swearing (people would have mouths on them in situations like that), i think it would of been more epic if it was on HBO because they would of allowed more of those things listed. Again Walking Dead reminded me of a more toned down zombie movie.

Corpse dismemberment, and cannibalizing a horse in season 1. So far you can add undead autopsy to season 2. I don't think I've ever seen anything remotely as gory on HBO. Masters of Horror comes close, but that was on Showtime. Though, if Goodfellas was about full male frontal nudity and showing guys going at it with tongue, you're right, it would be right at home on HBO. It's not.

Honestly, TWD is Romero done good. Romero's last entry into the zombie realm blew donkeys.

That's one l have never watched.
Breaking Bad is probably as brutal in its violence as Sopranos ever was. Less comic book-y than Walking Dead.

Can anyone think of TV Series that spun off from a movie ever being successful other than MASH?

Stargate?

Friday Night Lights?

Sadly I can remeber Delta House and Private Benjamin.:slap:lol
The Teen Wolf cartoon!

Seriously though, Highlander, the Odd Couple, and In the Heat of the Night were reasonably successful. Not many others coming to mind, though. . .

Frankly, I think that the fact that AMC can pull off mature, sophisticated, and realistic content without the use of excessive language shows how much skill they do have. The bottom line is: real people don't swear like sailors. Let me first clarify that I do not have a problem with swearing, but the manner it's used on HBO, it sometimes dumbs down the realism. These characters that they develop so much become more like caricatures when every other word out of their mouths are "F-bombs." A good example of the exaggerated language they use is Whitney Ellsworth on Deadwood. Jim Beaver has stated that he played Ellsworth as "Gabby Hayes with Tourette Syndrome." I love Boardwalk Empire and I love Deadwood, but HBO can overdo it at times.

Back