Amazon.com's planned use of Drones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a way to reward tough neighborhoods! Think of all the firearms ganglords will be able to attach to those things! :rotfl

It sounds like an awesome idea (as an idea), I don't know if it'll be done because it's not really practical. But a lot of the concerns are the same with a delivery truck, if not more so.
For instance, a truck can cause a lot more damage than a drone, and people can still follow a UPS driver and rob them, or follow to where they drop the package and take it after they leave.

True, but a package sitting at someone's doorstep takes a lot more noticeable sidestepping and intent than a package sitting in the middle of the lawn. "Whoops, I tripped and fell. Guess I'll just pick myself up along with this little box here..." I mean hell, someone's dog could even come by and carry it off.

What a way to reward tough neighborhoods! Think of all the firearms ganglords will be able to attach to those things! :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol Don't even get me started on what would happen if people tried capturing and reprogramming those things.

Within a day they would have folks filing lawsuits for property damage, where's my stuff the drone dropped it etc :lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

They had that on 60 minutes tonight.. The CEO said it'll only carry stuff 5 pounds or less

That's still a pretty good way to deliver my books and games; ordering something and getting it 30 minutes later :thud:. I would love to see this. Although I haven't had any significant problems with USPS delivery, it's always interesting to see how technology can make our lives more efficient.

I'm sure Amazon will have certain delivery restrictions for the drones. Such an awesome delivery method, will probably never happen in Harlem or some areas in Queens and The Bronx :rotfl.

You know this is likely a marketing ploy to get you thinking of Amazon for cyber monday, right?

Didn't they said that Pizza Hut or Taco Bell or something like that was going to use drones to deliver food???

I remember something like that about it.

I wonder how people initially responded to the Pony Express? Were there concerns over horses eating the packages, or maybe trampling flower beds? Or even the post office... "you mean some guy is going to drive up to my house and deliver stuff; recipe for disaster right there" :lecture :lol

I think it sounds cool and at least according to Amazon they are placing to be ready when and if the service is legal. I do wonder if this is just part of the general package for shipping and somehow the same price, but my guess is it is some kind of super expensive option that I would never choose to use :lol

I guess no other pilots here?

This is actually illegal in the U.S. according to FAA guidelines, so no you will not see it happen unless they change the rules in 2015.

Altitude restrictions right?

I can't wait to see stories of people being injured by these things :lol

Line of sight and others. You can't operate a drone unless you are within 400 feet of it and something like 200 yards from an airport.

I remember reading a story of someone with a personal drone and they had it a few thousand feet up which is a big friggin no no.

Well yea that's interfering with both helicopters and smaller aircraft.

Anyway it's flight enthusiasts and pilots who will make the calls on this in a few years and FYI, we aren't big drone fans. :lol

Back