Amanda Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok if you were harassed at your first school for the pic you showed, then moved to a new school,with all new ppl, and the pic was already going around shortly after being there, Im sure it would be a little hard to make some friends. Hard to get some respect with a pic of your boobs on everyone's phone, on Facebook, im sure twitter...the girls wont respect you,probs thinking shes a "slut", and all the boys see that do what boys that age do with name calling and teasing among other things. "Hey nice tits". With all that, it would be pretty hard to make new friends no doubt. Dont really get whats so hard to understand about it. :dunno

Exactly! It's all perception and of course, lack of maturity and insight. From her side and theirs. Empathy goes along way. You either have it or you don't. As for Amanda, she couldn't see beyond the backlash of what exposing herself on the internet would do. That it eventually would die down, and that she would have her life back. Unfortunately, most of us here were not exposed to the level of humility she was, so it's hard to truly fathom how we would have reacted. It must have been hard, and I couldn't imagine how difficult it was to feel like the earth is devouring you, the way she saw it. I had a very difficult Summer with my break up and then weeks later, the news of my father's terminal Cancer. It's a lot for one person to take on in a short period of time. I had my moments. The whole chemical imbalance caused by lack of sleep. Bouts of depression, and anger. With her it must have been amplified 20 fold. I am an adult and she's a kid. Suicide is not the way, but unfortunately it comes too easy to some, and it's around us. I would have agreed that people who committed an act of taking their own lives is selfish, and hurts only the people around them. The ones that have to deal with the fall out of losing a loved one in their life. This was once a happy girl I am assuming, who was dealt a pretty powerful blow to her character. One so overwhelmingly strong, it ate at her very core. Negativity can do so much to a person. I had an abusive father growing up. Yes, the same one who has terminal Cancer. He was good at making you feel like ****, to the point I would always replay his negative words in my head. It beat my character down. I could have gone down that same road she did, but I also had a lot of good people who picked me up and said those words my dad chose to attack me with were not true. It took me along time to address that wasn't my reality. Not everyone can beat it and I understand. So I sympathize a great deal with her. I can't imagine how awful she was feeling.

As for Batty's response to "Does Canada have any Anti-Bullying Campaigns"... We're a first world country, highly noted for the quality of living of those who reside here. We are not set in the dark ages. We even have a Human Rights Museum in the final days of its construction as I type this, which has received global attention. Anti-Bullying or no Anti-Bullying campaigns are not going to change the fact that bullying exists. I don't know why this was even brought up. Depression, mental sickness, suicidal behaviour, and bullying knows no such thing as borders. It's not just a Canadian thing. It's an American thing. It's a Global thing. It's called being human. Doesn't matter where it happens. Should that even matter? It just does, unfortunately. I highly doubt she didn't have those that supported her. There are a lot of great people out there. In this individual's case, the bad was too overwhelming for them to let any good in.

Ok if you were harassed at your first school for the pic you showed, then moved to a new school,with all new ppl, and the pic was already going around shortly after being there, Im sure it would be a little hard to make some friends. Hard to get some respect with a pic of your boobs on everyone's phone, on Facebook, im sure twitter...the girls wont respect you,probs thinking shes a "slut", and all the boys see that do what boys that age do with name calling and teasing among other things. "Hey nice tits". With all that, it would be pretty hard to make new friends no doubt. Dont really get whats so hard to understand about it. :dunno

I knew a girl that had her naked phone pic shown to people by her exboyfriend, almost the same thing happened. but it was more local. she dumped the guy and in revenge he showed the pic. I never saw the pic and I was not close to the girl. but her close friends didn't really care. I didn't care either. she ended up moving because of the bullying and because she almost got raped. but her friends never stopped talking to her. :dunno she even kept in contact with them after she moved.
so yes, girls could say she is a slut and guys would try to get in her pants. but the entire school? an entire school I find hard to believe. I still think there was something else going on. Either kids today are just retarded monsters or the girl did that to herself. become a complete outcast from fear of being ridiculed.
my point is she probably made things worst by becoming such an outcast. when someone makes fun of a kid, that kid can either laugh it off or ignore it. then no one gives a crap Or the kid can obsess about the jokes and make a big deal about it. I think this girl did the second one.

I will say this, I am starting to feel better now. I have a new amazing woman in my life who has been there for me, as have a lot of my family and friends. I hope whoever is going through a rough time, either it be bullying, a break up, or the loss or potential loss of someone close to you, that time heals. I am also here to talk! :)

Edit: Also will note my dad has changed a lot for the better as he got older.

Last edited:
As for Batty's response to "Does Canada have any Anti-Bullying Campaigns"... We're a first world country, highly noted for the quality of living of those who reside here. We are not set in the dark ages. We even have a Human Rights Museum in the final days of its construction as I type this, which has received global attention. Anti-Bullying or no Anti-Bullying campaigns are not going to change the fact that bullying exists. I don't know why this was even brought up. Depression, mental sickness, suicidal behaviour, and bullying knows no such thing as borders. It's not just a Canadian thing. It's an American thing. It's a Global thing. It's called being human. Doesn't matter where it happens. Should that even matter? It just does, unfortunately. I highly doubt she didn't have those that supported her. There are a lot of great people out there. In this individual's case, the bad was too overwhelming for them to let any good in.

No reason to get so defensive when someone asks something about (or should I say "aboot") Canada. I was just asking since laws were only passed in the States recently. And no, they don't stop bullying, but they can help prosecute and maybe deter future bullying.

So don't post personal stuff on Facebook. I don't. I spout movie quotes and say hi to a few people.

I see people post everything that went bad that day...and it never works out for them.

facebook is not the problem. you keep saying it is when it is not.

So don't post personal stuff on Facebook. I don't. I spout movie quotes and say hi to a few people.

I see people post everything that went bad that day...and it never works out for them.

exactly. I don't even put my real name or age for that matter. what I mean is, I am not stupid enought to put my real last name on facebook. I still don't understand why so many people put their entire full name, their date of birth and even their phone number. What the F__

exactly. I don't even put my real name or age for that matter. what I mean is, I am not stupid enought to put my real last name on facebook. I still don't understand why so many people put their entire full name, their date of birth and even their phone number. What the F__

i sense predatory undertones in this one. that's how pedobears roll. :monkey1

facebook is not the problem. you keep saying it is when it is not.

Here here. My real name is not on FB. We were taught since Day 1 not to give out our personal information on the internet, yet scores of people do.

Here here. My real name is not on FB. We were taught since Day 1 not to give out our personal information on the internet, yet scores of people do.

yeah tell that to fosing... :slap he probably posted his social security on facebook lol:lol

i sense predatory undertones in this one. that's how pedobears roll. :monkey1

you F___ng moron :thwak

putting the month and day you were born can lead to all kinds of trouble, Why would you put your real name, your full birthday and your phone on facebook? that is just asking for it, seriously,
I don't put my last name because I don't want people stalking me, A__holes from high school or from work, or managers, and like I said putting your full birthday is too much information to give away.

you F___ng moron :thwak

putting the month and day you were born can lead to all kinds of trouble, Why would you put your real name, your full birthday and your phone on facebook? that is just asking for it, seriously,

He's just ****ing with you. Don't get upset. And I agree, especially to those who post when they are out of town for the weekend. Nice advertisement to get robbed....

He's just ****ing with you. Don't get upset. And I agree, especially to those who post when they are out of town for the weekend. Nice advertisement to get robbed....

I know he is but he is still a moron lol, Facebook is supposed to have a policy where you cannot lie about your name. you are supposed to have your real name, yet I see fake names like kitty, batty or string all the time, a bunch of fake names. Facebook doesn't even say anything to them.

Because Facebook isn't a random social networking site. You add your friends.

Are you guys using it wrong? Because I add only people I know...:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back