1/6 Am I going to regret pre-ordering Dengar over Hoth Leia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the Hoth Leia and if they come out with a Slave Leia then you can sell the Hoth Leia.

I know the idea of an official Slave Leia ban has been debunked but I can't help wondering if there's an unofficial one.

Flip a coin. Heads it's Dengar, Tails it's Leia. Once the coin is in the air, your mind will root for one or the other and you'll know which one you really want. Or, the coin will decide for you... :)

For now, the best slave Leia you can get is the unlicensed head and costume. I don't think a moderater will allow mention of the manufacturer or where you can get it since the thread was deleted, but if you find a medium breast pale phicen, it can look pretty good, except for the boots.

Hard for me to follow your argument here. Sounds like you want to get Dengar no matter what, and you hardly mention Hoth Leia at all in your post. So, that may speak to your preference here. But I personally am not interested in any of the guys who only appear on the screen for about 5 seconds. . .except Ice Cream Maker guy, of course.

Well well well, you are in luck. Sideshow just announced Ice Cream Maker guy.

Knowing sideshow, the figure will look nothing like the actor but the ice cream maker will make real ice cream.

Would the fact that Hoth Leia has now sold out everywhere and is now commanding $400+ before its even delivered change your mind about Dengar?

Of course that's not true -- but if it made you nervous in any way, buy the Leia. If not, who cares?

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on character that your average Joe is going to go "who's that" to.
And Hoth Leia is just flawless, absolutely stunning figure!

I wouldn't count on HT making a Slave Leia. Should they revisit Leia again I am thinking it would be Boushh.
Seeing the New Wonder Woman figure revealed today there maybe a good chance of a release for Slave Leia.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on character that your average Joe is going to go "who's that" to.
And Hoth Leia is just flawless, absolutely stunning figure!

Although I understand your thinking in my experience 95% of the people who will ever see my collection, regardless if they recognize the character or not, think I'm insane for collecting $200+ "toys" so if I was the OP I would go with whichever means the most/makes him/her the happiest. Which in my case means whichever figure I wanted the longest gets the nod most often.

I'd eat the NRD on the TFA Luke and get Hoth Leia and Dengar. If not, unless you have a special attachment to Dengar (I would assume because of the Kenner figure) or you are going to get all of the bounty hunters, I think Hoth Leia is the way to go.

Well well well, you are in luck. Sideshow just announced Ice Cream Maker guy.

Knowing sideshow, the figure will look nothing like the actor but the ice cream maker will make real ice cream.

"modern interpretation" :lol

TFA Luke is most iconic for me as seeing Luke in Episode 7 was the most hyped up thing for me leading up to the film's release. :wink1:

Then I suppose if you were being selective about what you got, you'd personally get a TFA Luke in lieu of ESB Hoth Leia. :wink1:

Back