1/6 Am I going to regret pre-ordering Dengar over Hoth Leia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svnmelter

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to 1/6 scale and could use some opinions.

I just pre-ordered HT TFA Luke and purchased Sideshow ROTJ Darth Vader and HT Resistance Rey.

However, I'm not rich and need to be selective when it comes to what I buy and what I pass up on. I'm mostly interested in collecting Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy figures. I know for a fact that I will pre-order HT ROTJ Luke and Palpatine when those go up, but I'm not sure if I'd like to pass up on ESB Leia in hopes that HT will one day do an Endor or Slave Leia.

I would really like to get Dengar and Bossk, but I don't even have Boba Fett. Dengar comes out at around the same time as Leia and I don't really want to pay off two figures at once.

Should I go with Dengar and wait on Endor/Slave Leia or should I go with Dengar and avoid minor characters until I get more main characters?

Cheers

Ignore everybody else and just buy what you love most. Nobody else can tell you what you'll personally be happiest with, anyway.

It's not about owning the most stuff, it's about owning the stuff that means most to you.

figures are really expensive now. Get the figures that ultimately mean star wars for you. You know, characters you absolutely loved in the films

Depends on how much you love Dengar. If he is your favourite character then by all means roll with him. Personally I would drop my PO for TFA Luke and sell Rey. There will be new versions of both for episode 8. I would even consider selling that Vader since Hot Toys will make another one eventually too. The likelihood of ever getting another 1/6 Hoth Leia or Dengar are slim to none.

It's really up to you, though if I was in your place I would get Hoth Leia. I don't personally feel attached to any of the Bounty Hunters from Empire Strikes Back besides Boba Fett. Then again, I haven't read any of the books/comics that involve Dengar.

If you're wanting to be selective and Endor/Slave Leia is what you want most, don't get Hoth Leia just to compromise.

Should I go with Dengar and wait on Endor/Slave Leia or should I go with Dengar and avoid minor characters until I get more main characters?

Cheers

Hard for me to follow your argument here. Sounds like you want to get Dengar no matter what, and you hardly mention Hoth Leia at all in your post. So, that may speak to your preference here. But I personally am not interested in any of the guys who only appear on the screen for about 5 seconds. . .except Ice Cream Maker guy, of course.

Depends on how much you love Dengar. If he is your favourite character then by all means roll with him. Personally I would drop my PO for TFA Luke and sell Rey. There will be new versions of both for episode 8. I would even consider selling that Vader since Hot Toys will make another one eventually too. The likelihood of ever getting another 1/6 Hoth Leia or Dengar are slim to none.

I think I agree with pretty much everything Bustajesse said. Definitely agree about ROTJ Vader--I think if you were to regret anything, it would be to have gotten the Sideshow Vader over one of the HT Vaders, even though they're from ANH/RO. The HT Vaders are simply better figures. And if Vader really must be from ROTJ, hold off till HT makes it--because they will.

As far as Dengar, he is pretty cool. I saw the proto at NY Comic Con last year and I think the figure looks great. But as many have been saying, he is more of just a background character. I would personally get HT's Boba Fett instead if I had to keep my choices limited.

Patience is your best friend in this hobby. Whether you're holding out for a deal on ebay, or waiting for the exact version of a figure you want. The biggest rookie mistake you can make is to buy figures just because they look really good but you have no emotional connection with. Hold out for the ones that represent the character or version of character that you connect most with.

Ignore everybody else and just buy what you love most. Nobody else can tell you what you'll personally be happiest with, anyway.

It's not about owning the most stuff, it's about owning the stuff that means most to you.
This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If it was me, I'd stick with the HT line. The quality is way better and its noticeable in my opinion. I've practically purged practically all of my star wars SS figures and have never looked back. In fact my collection looks better for it.

It's really depends on your preference. If your like me, you can't buy lots of figures so I choose the ones that I want/like the most. Me personally, I would get Leia since I don't see HT ever doing a Slave Leia. Now if you plan on getting all the bounty hunters, then go with Dengar. I definitely want to get Boba, but have zero plans on getting the rest.

Back