Alter Ego Comics Site Upgrade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlterEgoComics

Sideshow Retailer
Reaction score
Just stopping by to let everyone know that we are changing servers and rolling out a new site design for Alter Ego Comics this week. As a result, our email and site will be down periodically while the site propagation takes place.

Thank you for your patience and look for Alter Ego Comics 3.0 soon.

I have a question. Did you guys keep a backup? Because it looks like everyone's account information is gone.

Hopefully AEC doesn't mind me posting this (if so, will gladly delete) but here's from their newsletter:

Alter Ego Insider said:
*You will need to create a new User ID and password. This login info will not be connected to your previous orders, BUT we do have access to those orders on our end. All of your existing pre-orders still exist and we're happy to email you a list of what you have on order if you need it.

If they have existing pre-orders, they should be able to migrate that data over to the new system.

"You will need to create a new User ID and password. This login info will not be connected to your previous orders, ..."

I'm having a hard time believing this - AE has always been good at customer service, but this seems like a bad approach to upgrading a site.

Not sure if I like the new points system either...looks like you have to redeem them first to get a coupon and if you wanted to use all your points on an order,you can't,because you have to obtain a certain enough points to buy certain coupons...

Thanks for the feedback on the new site.

We've moved from one e-commerce platform to a completely different one. The old e-commerce provider, the new e-commerce provider and our designers have all confirmed that we cannot migrate the old order information to the new site. As we've stated to our newsletter subscribers, we are happy to email you a list of your open orders from the old site.

We knew that the change would be difficult, but we had reached the limitations of our old provider quite a while ago and had to make the tough decision to move to a new platform. We realize that the situation may not be ideal, but we're doing our best to provide the best shopping and customer service experience that we can.

Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Back