ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the Flame Toys transformers model kits? If so, are they any good? Do they require any glue or just snap fit? I am thinking of getting the Optimus Prime kit.

Not released.

35-10.png

32-12.png

34-11.png

33-11.png

looks awesome KARAMAZOV80. I still need SNARL and STOMP yet to complete my dinobots. I have the rexumus prime version of grimlock and not the grinder one. I might get him once he comes out. how tall is the fanstoys version of grimlock ?
Mine is the oversized ko mp version. But I would say around 12 inches.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Dev-3.jpg
    Dev-3.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 313
Wei Jiang figures are upscaled unofficial knock offs of the Masterpiece figures. I have Prime and Megatron and they look amazing together.

I have Wei Jiang's MPP10z (their battle damaged Prime), and yes - it's amazing! I like the more matte appearance, and my copy came with the logo in box (although I had to weather it down to match the damaged vibe of the figure). I have their NE-01 OS Megatron and OS Bumblebee on order, and will likely pick up the other Wei Jiang OS figures as funds permit.

Wei Jiang are apparently about to change their name, with some suggestion that they may be making a move into a more official realm. One hopes they keep their OS KOs coming, as I really like their mods to existing designs. I'd argue they're making the best iterations of some of these characters at present.

Hi. Have these shown up State Side? Picked one up at a local Wal-Mart in Ontario Canada. Very cool set IMO.

People that ordered Hot Rod off of Wal-Mart’s website started getting them, this week. Don’t know if they’ve started showing up on store shelves here yet or not though.

Just received my Lewin Optimus Prime. His gun is Literally taller than MP10. Too tired to transform him right now.
20180910_185350.jpg

20180910_185419.jpg

20180911_180806.jpg

Here is Prime holding a SRC Mazinger in his hand. Hahaha, Love it. Since everyone has an MP10 I don't need to go into details on the transformation. It's almost exactly the same except for the part that covers the wheels in his legs. IF you guys have seen Ben's review on this then you know which joints are ratcheted. They kept that in the final version. It is built sturdy and everything fits very well. It is heavy. Very Heavy. Transforming it, even with the ratchets, is kinda scary because the weight is a factor when you're transforming this on your own. There are no flimsy material in this thing. The plastics are nice and thick.

IF you get this item and are transforming it the way that Ben did, make sure to provide firm support for the upper half when you stand him up. All that weight on those connections, I would not trust. IN fact, there was a review done by Ages3andup, where they mentioned that the sample they received already got this part damaged and was broken at the waist. This connection is probably the ONLY but the Weakest part of this transformer. If you can, transform the figure with it lying down with great care when it comes to the waist connection. Everything else is just built so well. The box is surprisingly small. It comes in Truck mode and the box barely covers it. However, it is pack so densely into the foam and the truck form is so compact, it's really quite protected. The box, however, is dinged up severely when I got it. There is only ONE area that is loose and tend to flop and that's the gas tank. It is solid Die-cast and very heavy. It's connection is strong but it can't hold the weight. Also, the peg on the leg seems slightly too small that the tank detaches itself easily from it.

I haven't tested the lights yet. But I need to figure out how that customizer did the voice chip on his Prime. There is definitely room enough to put one in there.

Final thought, At 320 shipped, I am just blown away at what I am getting for my money. So Worth IT.

View attachment 426410

Here is Prime holding a SRC Mazinger in his hand. Hahaha, Love it. Since everyone has an MP10 I don't need to go into details on the transformation. It's almost exactly the same except for the part that covers the wheels in his legs. IF you guys have seen Ben's review on this then you know which joints are ratcheted. They kept that in the final version. It is built sturdy and everything fits very well. It is heavy. Very Heavy. Transforming it, even with the ratchets, is kinda scary because the weight is a factor when you're transforming this on your own. There are no flimsy material in this thing. The plastics are nice and thick.

IF you get this item and are transforming it the way that Ben did, make sure to provide firm support for the upper half when you stand him up. All that weight on those connections, I would not trust. IN fact, there was a review done by Ages3andup, where they mentioned that the sample they received already got this part damaged and was broken at the waist. This connection is probably the ONLY but the Weakest part of this transformer. If you can, transform the figure with it lying down with great care when it comes to the waist connection. Everything else is just built so well. The box is surprisingly small. It comes in Truck mode and the box barely covers it. However, it is pack so densely into the foam and the truck form is so compact, it's really quite protected. The box, however, is dinged up severely when I got it. There is only ONE area that is loose and tend to flop and that's the gas tank. It is solid Die-cast and very heavy. It's connection is strong but it can't hold the weight. Also, the peg on the leg seems slightly too small that the tank detaches itself easily from it.

I haven't tested the lights yet. But I need to figure out how that customizer did the voice chip on his Prime. There is definitely room enough to put one in there.

Final thought, At 320 shipped, I am just blown away at what I am getting for my money. So Worth IT.

Thanks for the review! Who did you buy from at 320 shipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine at tfdirect but that was at the pre-order, i think it was actually 329. I think now their price is 360 shipped. I think they're waiting on the 2nd batch now.

Back