ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Sunstreaker in today. This is one I debated a long time about ordering for the price, but couldn't pass on an '84 Autobot even at around $100 after shipping. Reckon I'll go open him now!

I just can't get excited over transformers that don't transform.

LoL; then don't. **shrugs** For me though, it beats the hypothetical pants off of a whoooooole lot of Transforming Transformers on my shelves.

I got Sunstreaker in today. This is one I debated a long time about ordering for the price, but couldn't pass on an '84 Autobot even at around $100 after shipping. Reckon I'll go open him now!

I'm so back and forth on this one. Tons of hype on the webz but something is holding me from pulling the trigger. Looking forward to your thoughts.

It's 7.5" so definitely MP-scaled. And thanks, brother.

Recently reviewed Drift from FlameToys. The one I purchased was from D4Toys and cam with the preorder exclusive Battle Mask. https://kumastyledesigns.com/flame-toys-drift-review/

For me, this is an all-around fantastic piece. Non-transforming Transformers are a pretty polarizing topic but on a personal level I enjoy that they give the robot mode (which I primarily utilize and display on them) an opportunity to truly shine in terms of aesthetic and engineering feats like advanced articulation, lights, etc. etc. which this truly excels in. It's a mixture of strong plastics and diecast, and is full of fine detailing topped off by an absolutely fantastic paint job. Overall it's a nice piece and I look forward to really reading about others' thoughts on it.

15-94.png

14-109.png

11-127.png

1-245.png

2-183.png

3-170.png

5-161.png

6-157.png

I opened and transformed Sunstreaker last night. His transformation is ridiculously complex, like Megatron was. At certain points I wasn't sure the instructions were right, then found out that they were, and I smiled in a bit of amazement that they could engineer such a thing. I cannot imagine trying to transform him without instructions. But the ultimate robot looks fantastic. The 3rd party versions of this guy never fully did it for me, but this figure hits all the right notes. I ultimately took his primary windshield off during transformation, as it was hard to get it flat enough to complete the last part of his transformation without potentially putting stress on that joint and piece. It is very cool how you can switch out the chrome on the back without doing any "parts swapping." And in fact, this is required if you want to transform him as the instructions tell you to. So, I ultimately did that part after he was 95% transformed into a robot! Some very minor scratching and bubbles/imperfections on the chrome. I'm not usually one to nitpick on painting imperfections, but this was easy to see.

Just got sunstreaker he’s got shelf presence but he’s far from being perfect
What’s with takara leaving butt flaps all over the place First it was ultra Magnus and now this couldn’t they have build it so the flap spinned 90 degrees the other way in to the back pack ? Laziness I think with the side panels left on ironhide and ratchet they were easy to sort out with the fisher parts so why hadn’t takara
notice this

06042686-5B03-4692-B1D2-0AA031435193.jpgBE605E88-166D-402C-82AC-0E1F1F90CC2D.jpg6B9BE734-C57D-40D0-9074-0227BE9AC5ED.jpg

"The complete egotist, Sunstreaker thinks he is the most beautiful thing on Earth."

Going by this new Takara design, I'm inclined to agree with him!! Absolutely gorgeous figure by Takara!

20180109_225404b.jpg

I don't particularly like the grey tyres on MP-12+ (the black ones are much nicer), but together these two look incredible! Nostalgia heaven!!
20180109_225606b.jpg

"The complete egotist, Sunstreaker thinks he is the most beautiful thing on Earth."

Going by this new Takara design, I'm inclined to agree with him!! Absolutely gorgeous figure by Takara!

View attachment 386324

I don't particularly like the grey tyres on MP-12+ (the black ones are much nicer), but together these two look incredible! Nostalgia heaven!!

That’s the money shot right there! Congrats Khai! Still waiting patiently for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not liking the grey tyres in alt mode. I think they made them grey for the bot mode where the cartoon had grey parts where the wheels would be. Shame though. Overall a decent release, particularly if you dont have the original.

20180110_191936b.jpg

Back