ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2-149.png

Hopefully they continue to sell well so that we get some more pieces from this line. I really want a Starscream and a Grimlock at this scale.

yup.... probably from seeing how well the prime sold, they figured they could add 10% to the price!

here's a video showing this beastie off! can't wait!

Re: All things transformers!!!!

So impractical because it was too big to fit in with the the rest of your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is it's own thing. But it is too big, and wide! I think after Megatron I'm done.

I think as far as big bots, the Ultimetal size is perfect. Just like a 1/4 HT figure.

But I do hope they sell for those that don't mind the size. A Rodimus at that scale could tempt me.

All things transformers!!!!

It really is it's own thing. But it is too big, and wide! I think after Megatron I'm done.

I think as far as big bots, the Ultimetal size is perfect. Just like a 1/4 HT figure.

But I do hope they sell for those that don't mind the size. A Rodimus at that scale could tempt me.

Yeah I think these need a classification of ‘Toy Statue’ lol.. That’s how I’m using mine. His bulk is why I love it! I’m giving it a pose, a base and its own space so I’m not displaying them as most figure collectors would (In a detolf or on a shelf with multiple figures). This guy is good enough that I skipped getting the Prime 1 G1 Optimus. I have space for 4 of them.. so bring on Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock please!

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Yeah I think these need a classification of ‘Toy Statue’ lol.. That’s how I’m using mine. His bulk is why I love it! I’m giving it a pose, a base and its own space so I’m not displaying them as most figure collectors would (In a detolf or on a shelf with multiple figures). This guy is good enough that I skipped getting the Prime 1 G1 Optimus. I have space for 4 of them.. so bring on Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock please!

yeah kinda how i look at it. its a stand alone item... not really meant to mesh w/ other things in my opinion. it'll be nice having megs to stand him w/ for a nice display.

yeah kinda how i look at it. its a stand alone item... not really meant to mesh w/ other things in my opinion. it'll be nice having megs to stand him w/ for a nice display.

Yeah.. looking forward to having Megatron balance out the right side of the display!

0a21facf35b3b88f3341df213d2b31e6.heic

Hopefully they continue to sell well so that we get some more pieces from this line. I really want a Starscream and a Grimlock at this scale.

The problem is that the size and look are incredible but they're made pretty poorly (and thus the cheap price, I'm sure.) I'd rather pay 50-100 more for more solid materials, better paint, and stronger joints.

The problem is that the size and look are incredible but they're made pretty poorly (and thus the cheap price, I'm sure.) I'd rather pay 50-100 more for more solid materials, better paint, and stronger joints.

Luckily for me I don’t get that impression from mine. It’s light weight but I don’t feel like it’s fragile and the articulation is terrific. The joints on mine hold and I think the paint job is fine.

bcca7997cfdacb09e3c5e19c62b02180.heic

That's the first negative review I've seen about mas-01.

That's the first negative review I've seen about mas-01.

I've seen plenty. From bad joints to paint just flaking off for no reason. On the flip side, it's all subjective in terms of where you search and who's reviews you watch/trust.

Luckily for me I don’t get that impression from mine. It’s light weight but I don’t feel like it’s fragile and the articulation is terrific. The joints on mine hold and I think the paint job is fine.

bcca7997cfdacb09e3c5e19c62b02180.heic

Honestly, that's awesome. I'd never wish the same experience on anyone. Mine sat with it's arms down for months while I was on military leave (Came home over christmas, unboxed it, put it on a shelf, and came home and reviewed it March/april) and the joints somehow deteriorated.

Still buying Megs because... well... it's cheap, however want a much better experience than I had with Optimus.

For the sake of the figure being at dsubject

"Got the Review up for this one. Overall I think it's an extremely great deal for the price and while it's no where near the quality of the Ultimetal, I'd say at <$200 it's still a great display piece and a no-brainer of a choice between the two. Mine has looseness in the shoulder swing and elbow (both on left side) though and I honestly had had it in a very static "A stance" since receiving it. I haven't been reading other reports of this so I'm not sure if it's an actual issue or mine is just a dud in that sense (hopefully the latter.) Regardless, I don't regret picking this one up.

Review link: Toy Review: Toys Alliance MAS-01 Optimus Prime - Kuma Style

Some pics from it."

14-64.png

8-93.png

9-84.png

11-75.png

I've seen plenty. From bad joints to paint just flaking off for no reason. On the flip side, it's all subjective in terms of where you search and who's reviews you watch/trust.

Honestly, that's awesome. I'd never wish the same experience on anyone. Mine sat with it's arms down for months while I was on military leave (Came home over christmas, unboxed it, put it on a shelf, and came home and reviewed it March/april) and the joints somehow deteriorated.

Still buying Megs because... well... it's cheap, however want a much better experience than I had with Optimus.

For the sake of the figure being at dsubject

"Got the Review up for this one. Overall I think it's an extremely great deal for the price and while it's no where near the quality of the Ultimetal, I'd say at <$200 it's still a great display piece and a no-brainer of a choice between the two. Mine has looseness in the shoulder swing and elbow (both on left side) though and I honestly had had it in a very static "A stance" since receiving it. I haven't been reading other reports of this so I'm not sure if it's an actual issue or mine is just a dud in that sense (hopefully the latter.) Regardless, I don't regret picking this one up.

Review link: Toy Review: Toys Alliance MAS-01 Optimus Prime - Kuma Style

Some pics from it."

14-64.png

8-93.png

9-84.png

11-75.png

I've got one waiting at BBTS in my bag of loot. Hope it doesn't have any joint issues!

Ah ok.. deteriorating joints and chipping paint are things that happen over time so the unboxing/reviews would not speak on them. Makes sense. I also had not seen any negative reviews on him. Hopefully my joints hold. Maybe I will go ahead and glue them in place now since I literally don’t want to ever repose him. Now if the paints starts chipping I will probably cry. [emoji22] Ok probably not cry but I will be very very disappointed and I will probably make a sad face. Lol

well i guess we'll see in the next couple months what one looks like that's been sitting in the box for 2/3 of a year!

Back