ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm biased, but new figures, with all the convoluted details, don't have nearly the charm of those older, more simplistic but often cleverer figures. Also, the old ones typically had metal parts and made them stand apart from lots of other figures they were out at the time. Nowadays are almost all exclusively cheap plastic. And of course kids today don't maintain much of an attachment to anything because there's so much out there to buy for their attention. Kids often don't collect toys at all I'll play with them for that matter. It's impossible to totally compare kids today with kids back then but it seems to me that it was a bit of a richer experience for a kid collecting these things back in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My current display shelf at the moment.

20589733_281584422323807_6779714127091728384_n.jpg

I can still remember these toys boxed up on display at my local toy store :) old school classics

I know I'm biased, but new figures, with all the convoluted details, don't have nearly the charm of those older, more simplistic but often cleverer figures. Also, the old ones typically had metal parts and made them stand apart from lots of other figures they were out at the time. Nowadays are almost all exclusively cheap plastic. And of course kids today don't maintain much of an attachment to anything because there's so much out there to buy for their attention. Kids often don't collect toys at all I'll play with them for that matter. It's impossible to totally compare kids today with kids back then but it seems to me that it was a bit of a richer experience for a kid collecting these things back in the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree that a lot of these newer figures are a bit busy with the over-detailing and that you can't beat the charm of the old figures. They were great for their time and the die-cast made a kid feel they were getting their allowance worth.:lol I still remember how thrilled I was when I got Prowl (my first larger TF) compared to all the mini-bots that I had. Jazz was pretty memorable as well - I got him in a mail away offer by saving proof of purchases from Cookie Crisp Cereal.:lol
Kids now will never know the thrill of saving proof of purchases and sending away to impatiently wait for something. I remember mailing away for tons of stuff as a kid - Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers........

Last edited:
Yeah.

I still get those feels whenever I go to a comic con, or any convention for that matter and see a 1980 TF boxed. I just want to buy it!

This might not be a popular pick, but Doubledealer was my favorite TF! That thing took such beatings, that toys that are made nowadays wouldn't be able to take! A triple charger, leader sized, and a Targetmaster at that (TWO of them actually!)

Easily the most fun I've ever had with a TF. He's one of my #1 MP wishes.

The full Review for Fans Hobby's MB-5 Flypro is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/fans-hobby-flypro-review/

It definitely keeps with their overall theme of more simplistic stylings and play in the Master Builder line but of the three Monsterbot homages I definitely feel like it has the most to offer in terms of look, build, and obviously accessories. Here are some pics from the galla section:

2-129.png

5-119.png

7-113.png

14-82.png

Yeah.

I still get those feels whenever I go to a comic con, or any convention for that matter and see a 1980 TF boxed. I just want to buy it!

This might not be a popular pick, but Doubledealer was my favorite TF! That thing took such beatings, that toys that are made nowadays wouldn't be able to take! A triple charger, leader sized, and a Targetmaster at that (TWO of them actually!)

Easily the most fun I've ever had with a TF. He's one of my #1 MP wishes.

I still get that vibe when I see the likes of the original Fort Max on display. Brings back the memories

The full review for Iron Factory's IF EX-21 Bridge Watcher is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/iron-factory-bridge-watcher-review/

Title-FB-Bridge-Watcher.png

Overall, this is about Iron Factory's most overall solid release to-date and really makes me wish Shockwave could have gotten this kind of love in Classics scale. This thing is the epitome of what a "desk toy" should be be.

Here are some pics from the gallery:

9-106.png

6-117.png

5-120.png

13-89.png

The full review for Iron Factory's IF EX-21 Bridge Watcher is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/iron-factory-bridge-watcher-review/

Title-FB-Bridge-Watcher.png

Overall, this is about Iron Factory's most overall solid release to-date and really makes me wish Shockwave could have gotten this kind of love in Classics scale. This thing is the epitome of what a "desk toy" should be be.

Completely agree, this is by far my favorite of all my DX9 and IF figures. I'll have IF Skywarp by the end of the week, so my Ghost Starscream will be complete but I have to say that Bridge Watcher really stole it's thunder and I'm not as pumped for it as I was.

He is the perfect desk-bot:

Shockwave.jpg

I was going through some old stuff and came across this mailer from '86 - brings back memories. Anyone else get one of these back in the day? (At least anyone who's old enough to have.:lol)

20170811_135135.jpg

20170811_135159.jpg

20170811_135357.jpg

20170811_135424.jpg

20170811_135437.jpg

20170811_135328.jpg

20170811_135453.jpg

Oh no! Unicron is coming in 2005! If we survive Y2K, how will we deal with this menace in the far flung future of 2005? :lol

Just got my CG-01 oversized Starcream and it's amazing. Unfortunately it came with 2 regular neutral expression heads and no smirking one and I'm missing the attachment arm for one of his Null-ray cannons. In the process of getting it all worked out with the seller.
I love this guy. I've owned every Masterpiece Starscream to date and this blows them all away IMO. They all have their pros and cons but this one seems to have a nice combination of the positives. The only thing that would make this perfect is if it was able to have the F-15E wider fuselage of the MP-3 and still not have the hip-kibble.

View attachment 356320

View attachment 356321

View attachment 356322

View attachment 356323

View attachment 356324

Their oversized Decepticon jets look awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. Have you compared this to the Wei Jiang Oversized Starscream? I think they look pretty similar at first glance.

Last edited:
Nice nastolgic kick in the balls,thanks for sharing.
:lol No problem

Very cool. But who does Wheelie think he's kidding? Speaking of Wheelie, I had a book as a kid where Wheelie was, sadly, a starring character :lol

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Story_of_Wheelie,_the_Wild_Boy_of_Quintesson

Well, he does have that bad-ass slingshot that put Grimlock in his place.:slap:lol

Oh no! Unicron is coming in 2005! If we survive Y2K, how will we deal with this menace in the far flung future of 2005? :lol

Yeah, it was pretty sobering seeing this again and thinking that the "distant future" of 2005 already passed us by 12 years ago.:slap I also realized that my son arrived the same year as Unicron.:horror:lol

Their oversized Decepticon jets look awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. Have you compared this to the Wei Jiang Oversized Starscream? I think they look pretty similar at first glance.

No problem. :duff

Actually, I'm not familiar with the Wei Jiang SS. The only other one I knew of was the slightly smaller one by Tanaka.

Last edited:
Just received my MP style Bludgeon (Susanoo) by DNA Designs. I kind of went against my own rules of sticking to traditional G1 designs but I had to make an exception in this case. This guy was just too awesome to pass on.

20170815_150251.jpg

20170815_150333.jpg

20170815_150544.jpg

20170815_150554.jpg

20170815_151117.jpg

20170815_151422.jpg

Back