ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Megatrons are kind of the opposite of the Reflectors available. I think all of the Reflectors looks great in different ways while Megs I feel like they all look bad in different ways.

This is probably one of the toughest Transformers to design to make Megatron accurate in robot and gun mode. The colors of it could be a little better, but it still looks good to me.
MP 05 colors with the brushed steel look would have great.

Also for those importing directly to us:

4b26046fdfad60055a0d94abe80f354a.jpg

Last edited:
MP 05 colors with the brushed steel look would have been great.

yeah i'm really surprised they went with cheap looking grey plastic instead of something that looked a little more "masterpiece"... i get cartoon look, but like mentioned these things are supposed to be masterpiece figures. which "should" dictate something with a little more flair, fancy, artistic... something in my opinion.

but it is what it is. its great for those that are in need of a megatron and want to stick to being a hastak purist. as mentioned, none of them are perfect. just looking at these few comparison pics... the official looks like a total mess on the upper chest, shoulder areas... the xtransbots and dx9 look 10 times cleaner and better to me. and in gun mode, the official looks like it was frozen then dropped on the floor and shattered... the other 2 are SO much cleaner in my opinion.

reduced-galery_image_10432_16926.jpg

d09-mightron-08.jpg

Transformers-Masterpiece-Megatron-V2-Promo-02.jpg

reduced-galery_image_10432_16923.jpg

reduced-galery_image_12038_20738.jpg

mp36-megatron-14.jpg

honestly when you look at those pics... nothing of perfection comes to my mind. with any of them! honestly i'd like to take elements from them all and combine them to make a best possible figure. as it sits now.... it doesn't exist. but one thing is for sure, there are a lot of options that are now available to everyone to get the one you like best! we've come a long way over the past few years... and there's no denying that it's awesome to have all these to pick from!

Yeah, if I had one nit from MP Megs now that I'm paying closer attention with the in-hand pics, it's the upper chest/clavicle area. That's something you are going to be looking at every time you glance at him in robot form, so it would have been nice if they could have made it a bit cleaner like Apollyon.

I would even accept some partsforming if you had to clip a little piece on to hide the joints.

I'm gonna stick with my Despotron. Sure, there may be some inaccurate measurements but I just can't look at Takara's version with all those sections and cuts. There are just so many things that throw it off for me; the underside of his forearm, the upper chest looking so squashed, on top of that the $220 price tag. I look at this Megatron and then I look at Inferno and I'm just astounded they're made by the same company.

However, congrats to everyone who has been waiting for this to come. I, actually, held off on buying any transformers figures until I saw the 3rd party Megatron, after that I went on a spending spree that just devastated my account. Hahahaha, but it's all worth it when I look at my collection.

If you buy Badcube stuff you must be used to 3hr transformations!

Only own their Sunstreaker....it wasn't too bad getting him into robot. It does become intolerable though for these long ass transformations

All things transformers!!!!

Because it´s so important how his back looks. I mean...I always check my collection from the back, thinking: My, oh my...do we have nice clean backs here..."

:ohbfrank:

Would rep if I could.

I would actually love to see those "artist" and "toy engineer" wannabes do a better cartoon accurate Megatron. I mean, If you hate it so much, there's options!

This one is clearly based of the cartoon, so sacrifices had to be made. The others were more of an artist interpretation more than anything IMO.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, I understand people have been waiting for a new official Megatron for a long time, but what we got isn't perfect. It is messy compared to the other options. Takara did some aspects of it better than others, but they also did some things worse. It all comes down to personal preference. No reason to **** on each other's opinions like ****ing grade-schoolers.

Would rep if I could.

I would actually love to see those "artist" and "toy engineer" wannabes do a better cartoon accurate Megatron. I mean, If you hate it so much, there's options!

- Crapollyon

- Craspotron

- Whatever the **** the other one is called.

Everyone's happy.

But no, THE BACK! LOL.

:lol Thx, man.

Well, if TT wouldn´t have announced Megs, I would´ve gone with Despotron. I like him very much.

Ouh and you were searching for Mightron.
So...Craptron? :lol

Jesus Christ, I understand people have been waiting for a new official Megatron for a long time, but what we got isn't perfect. It is messy compared to the other options. Takara did some aspects of it better than others, but they also did some things worse. It all comes down to personal preference. No reason to **** on each other's opinions like ****ing grade-schoolers.

Like ****ing what? :lol
You kidding me? You know how many times I have read that opinion...that the back looks bad?

I just...ok...you don´t need to do anything you know?
You may take into consideration to let the following sink in:

1.: I don´t **** on anything. My opinion is MY opinion, you just **** on mine. The back, in my book, is no reason.
and
2.: Take the realistic standpoint:
What is the main difference between all 3rd party Megs to the official?
They are bulky. Bulk makes space in between. Think realistic, or pragmatic, from an engineering standpoint.
Every company, with all of their Megs, with all of their space in there, didn´t manage to hide all kibble, nail the proportions AND add that amount of articulation.

Comparison to TT: natural articulation, ****ing nailed facesculpt, ****load of accessories, and while we´re at it cartoon-accurate proportions and EVERYTHING is hidden inside, except all that didn´t fit, like stock and silencer.
But those was impossible for all others too.
So, does he look panel-ly? Sure.
Is the transformation a bit complex, Yeah.

But: That´s a collectible for adults. A collectible that emulates a character that turns from a humanoid robot, into a gun.

Don´t come with when´s and if´s and my opinion ****s on others.
Everybody that can think at least ONE. BIT. like and engineer/from an engineering standpoint doesn´t say the words:
"The back is a mess."

In regards to MP 36, all points of criticism are valid.

I still prefer it over 3rd party and the one thing that I really like is that the gun barrel can be positioned underneath his right arm like he did in the cartoon that one time.

Also, although it looks bussier than the other 3rd parties, the robot mode, which most people will display it as anyways, looks best of all for me.

You didn´t sound like a ******.
You sound realistic. That´s a difference.

Don't get me wrong, I stand by what I said. All the other options are truly non existent to me, but maybe calling them crap wasn't the best choice of words.

But yeah, THE BACK IS MESSY!

Lol.

:lol Thx, man.

Well, if TT wouldn´t have announced Megs, I would´ve gone with Despotron. I like him very much.

Ouh and you were searching for Mightron.
So...Craptron? :lol

Like ****ing what? :lol
You kidding me? You know how many times I have read that opinion...that the back looks bad?

I just...ok...you don´t need to do anything you know?
You may take into consideration to let the following sink in:

1.: I don´t **** on anything. My opinion is MY opinion, you just **** on mine. The back, in my book, is no reason.
and
2.: Take the realistic standpoint:
What is the main difference between all 3rd party Megs to the official?
They are bulky. Bulk makes space in between. Think realistic, or pragmatic, from an engineering standpoint.
Every company, with all of their Megs, with all of their space in there, didn´t manage to hide all kibble, nail the proportions AND add that amount of articulation.

Comparison to TT: natural articulation, ****ing nailed facesculpt, ****load of accessories, and while we´re at it cartoon-accurate proportions and EVERYTHING is hidden inside, except all that didn´t fit, like stock and silencer.
But those was impossible for all others too.
So, does he look panel-ly? Sure.
Is the transformation a bit complex, Yeah.

But: That´s a collectible for adults. A collectible that emulates a character that turns from a humanoid robot, into a gun.

Don´t come with when´s and if´s and my opinion ****s on others.
Everybody that can think at least ONE. BIT. like and engineer/from an engineering standpoint doesn´t say the words:
"The back is a mess."

You need to relax. I didn't **** on your opinion. I said it's messy (which is my opinion) but it all comes down to personal preference because we have a lot of choices. Takara did some parts great, but the back and clavicle area look like **** to me compared to other versions. Every MP version of Megatron from every company is a collectible for adults so I don't see where that statement matters. Other companies faced the same engineering choices and were able to clean up those areas where Takara made the decision to leave them messy. You can like it or don't like it, I don't give a ****. You think Takara nailed it? Great--buy it. Tell me how much you love it, but don't act like someone having an opinion you don't agree with is automatically ******** or a personal attack on the people that like Takara's.

Back