ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. That is odd.

You just need to search for his channel (Benscollectables) and it's the latest one added.

Sorry all, it's YouTube acting weird.

Did you guys see Ben´s review over at youtube for Kapow Toys of MMC´s Carnifex?

This thing is massive and looks tremendously cool:

I'm getting the figure as a centrepiece to my Wreckers shelf and I've also got their Roadbuster & Whirl pre-ordered.

I'd love to see MMC continue to expand the Wreckers roster with Rack'N Ruin from the UK Marvel run plus Guzzle, Rotorstorm & Pyro from IDW's Last Stand Of The Wreckers.

From Tempting toys and Collectibles on FB:

3fcc3c39e2076b7e7af7ca6cc9b4d52e.jpg

022658738c6635c9e96f9b934eb85cc2.jpg

febd59352ef702e27a39faa85b85df91.jpg

CANT WAIT for this! Love how he comes with accessories for White Prime as well!

Another amazing addition to the slowly growing Ultimetal Collection!!!

Bring it!!

Saw bens reviews of MAS01 and grassor...

Omg, what a time to be a TF fan...jeez!

Ok, not trying to start anything, I genuinely want to engage in a non fanboy conversation....

Compare the MAS01 to HT Optimus...

One is 18" and costs $180 and the other is 12" and costs $350....

What are we paying for with the HT version?

Also, the Magnus ultimetal looks dope! Buuuuttt...his face...I don't know about it. Looks too stylized for my liking. Were there any side by side comparison pics with the first ultimetal release?

Ok, not trying to start anything, I genuinely want to engage in a non fanboy conversation....

What are we paying for with the HT

At the end of the day, plastic is cheap and time is money.

Take the HT prime, MP10 and the new 18" prime..

Build a 10 inch MP10 or an 18 inch MP10 and the cost of additional plastic is not that much in the overall scheme. Fairly close to the same amount of time involved. Hell the 18 inch might even be quicker since it's larger and easier to handle the parts on assembly versus the smaller ones on the Mp10 might be more tricky.

Now take the hot toys prime and you have similar amount of time to build and cost in plastic. BUT prior to build you have everything that goes into the paint work and the detailing and weathering on it. That increases the amount of time massively on that figure vs the "MP10" design. Then factor in all the additional crap that they threw in with it with all the additional parts, base, etc. Love them or hate them, there's additional cost for all of those and every one of those pieces have an amazing amount of detailing and weathering as well. Which again increases jacks up the time significantly. For those that are in doubt, you should try it yourself just for giggles. Try painting your MP 10 and then custom weathering it and see how much time it takes. Or get a quote from one of the recognized painters on the board to have them paint your MP10 and weather it and see how much it costs just for paint and weathering. Point is, ain't gonna be quick or cheap!

I've always said the price should be between $250 to $275 on this. So this isn't a fanboy response as I have said it is overpriced. But at the end of the day, time equals money. And there is a boatload more time to get the final production piece from hot toys vs those you mentioned.

Saw bens reviews of MAS01 and grassor...

Omg, what a time to be a TF fan...jeez!

What are we paying for with the HT version?

Also, the Magnus ultimetal looks dope! Buuuuttt...his face...I don't know about it. Looks too stylized for my liking. Were there any side by side comparison pics with the first ultimetal release?

It's HT bro, they feel they can just charge whatever the **** they want. I'm getting that Optimus when it hits $150, as that's what that thing is worth to me.

People can justify the price all they want and that's fine. It doesn't affect me. It sure as hell affects stores full of this thing since they can't even sell them. A shame, since I would have really wanted to see a full line of TF's from HT.

It's HT bro, they feel they can just charge whatever the **** they want. I'm getting that Optimus when it hits $150, as that's what that thing is worth to me.

People can justify the price all they want and that's fine. It doesn't affect me. It sure as hell affects stores full of this thing since they can't even sell them. A shame, since I would have really wanted to see a full line of TF's from HT.

Right?!? Seriously when people muttered the words HT and Transformers...our imaginations ran wild! And then the reveal! Ok, yeah, that looks cool. Very interesting take on prime...

Uh..,ok...am I reading that right? $350?

....wait...what?!?!

That was my reaction haha.

Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love Hot Toys and have several of their figures. However, their prices as of the last few years has just gotten out of hand. I get inflation and improvements in their products, but 250+ for a figure is getting out of hand.

I remember when I was collecting McFarlane figs and had a hard time justifying purchasing the Hot Toys Aliens Marines at $89 a fig!!

I did see the Hot Toys Prime in person and will say it was impressive. But not the $350. Will wait for that magic 150 price. LOL

if I had the cash I would SO buy that giant metal Prime with the removable armor exposing his insides that figure is so awesome.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Perfect scale? Check

Perfect paint applications? Check

Scales perfectly with official MP figures? Check

Does not look like a potato? Check

The best MP Styled Dinobot maker in the world (until Takara decides to do them) strikes again with another amazing figure! GIGA's Grassor video review, courtesy of Benscollectables:

https://youtu.be/07iWQIt9GZE

Edit: Link doesn't work as the video has been listed as "private". But you can see it on youtube though.

Damn, the Gigapower figures are off the charts, I can't wait to start hunting these down, and that Prime looks killer too, I'm going to have to upgrade to a bigger collection shelf soon lol

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Damn, the Gigapower figures are off the charts, I can't wait to start hunting these down, and that Prime looks killer too, I'm going to have to upgrade to a bigger collection shelf soon lol

They are the best dinobots out there. Don't hesitate to get them.

Maketoys has New pics downbeat, their MP jazz.

Here's some Photoshop with color added that some people did on the grey prototype pics

Back