ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mightron looks great and I´ll get him.
Rumor has it that TT will announce Megatron 2.0, but the problem of an alternate mode with a replique of a real weapon is a no go, which is why I doubt it and the back kibble isn´t that bad. Benscollectables posted a update in which he showed that you can configure it G1-accurate, so that the trigger is upwards on his back...so...Mightron is as G1 as you can get.

Another time I am totally torn I dont know wether I should get MakeToys or DX9 Megs
Both look amazing

Is there any chance one you clever young chaps could knock up a photoshop of the 2 side by side??

The only big thing at the moment in DX9 version is a good £20 cheaper than MakeToys one lol

Thanks in advance guys

Neil

Another time I am totally torn I dont know wether I should get MakeToys or DX9 Megs
Both look amazing

Is there any chance one you clever young chaps could knock up a photoshop of the 2 side by side??

The only big thing at the moment in DX9 version is a good £20 cheaper than MakeToys one lol

Thanks in advance guys

Neil

here's a super quick chop job showing the 3 offerings...

dx9, maketoys, xtransbots

Thanks man you are a star

Think the DX9 version looks the best there

Maketoys looks really good too but a bit too stylized for me

DX9 I think have nailed him & I'll be ordering my one tonight now

Thanks again for doing the pic really appreciate it

Neil

I like the DX9 face a lot. But other than that, I give the win to Apollyon. Smoother and more natural looking aesthetic overall, plus a longer gun barrel. Maketoys is borderline Revoltech Megatron, it's so stylized.

zSIX7fZ.jpg

Thanks man, great comparison shot :)

Thanks man you are a star

Think the DX9 version looks the best there

Maketoys looks really good too but a bit too stylized for me

DX9 I think have nailed him & I'll be ordering my one tonight now

Thanks again for doing the pic really appreciate it

Neil

Yep agreed 100% Maketoys looks too comic booky for my taste buts it's a beauty nonetheless. As it'll be posed next to OP, I've got to go with DX9 though.

Yup, out of those 3 DX9 looks the part.
Definitely gonna order that!!!

Me too! Question is where from?... Hopefully Kapow has it in stock.

I like the DX9 face a lot. But other than that, I give the win to Apollyon. Smoother and more natural looking aesthetic overall, plus a longer gun barrel. Maketoys is borderline Revoltech Megatron, it's so stylized.

I agree. I love Apollyon and if they were able to get the head sculpt right, it would have been perfect. The other 2 I feel the arms and legs are too blocky.

Thanks man, great comparison shot :)

Yep agreed 100% Maketoys looks too comic booky for my taste buts it's a beauty nonetheless. As it'll be posed next to OP, I've got to go with DX9 though.

Me too! Question is where from?... Hopefully Kapow has it in stock.

tfrobots.nl
sirtoys
tfdirect
tfsource

Plenty of sources...

Love the video reviews. Short and to the point covering all the important points.

Thank you, man. That's exactly what I try to put across.

I got up the review of Maketoys' Striker Manus yesterday. This one's quite a bit more comprehensive but there was a lot more to cover:

This would probably be a stupid question but will the Takara Tomy Cheetor be in scale with Optimus Primal? And for that matter, how big are they anyway?

This would probably be a stupid question but will the Takara Tomy Cheetor be in scale with Optimus Primal? And for that matter, how big are they anyway?

According to the official info Optimus Primal is 19 cm tall which is just under 8 inches.

Cheetor will be in scale with him.

If more series 1 Maximals are made the tallest one should be Rhinox who was a bit taller than Primal.

According to the official info Optimus Primal is 19 cm tall which is just under 8 inches.

Cheetor will be in scale with him.

If more series 1 Maximals are made the tallest one should be Rhinox who was a bit taller than Primal.

Thanks. A bit disappointed that these won't best the old Kenner figures in terms of scale but I'll take it!

Back