ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hound looks great. Glad I have mine paid for.

If there's a nitpick, is just that the alt mode is almost as big as the carbots, even bigger. By it really works for me. I don see how anyone can do a better Hound (unless some sort of magic is involved and the alt mode is smaller.)

It also seems that FT is going full cartoon accurate as their previous designs weren't?

Last edited:
Hound looks fantastic! Ordered from TCP. I'm really quite impressed with what Fanstoys are doing. I am looking forward to finishing off my insecticons as well with Kickback due hopefully in the next couple of months.

Hound looks great. Glad I have mine paid for.

If there's a nitpick, is just that the alt mode is almost as big as the carbots, even bigger. By it really works for me. I don see how anyone can do a better Hound (unless some sort of magic is involved and the alt mode is smaller.)

It also seems that FT is going full cartoon accurate as their previous designs weren't?

I also would have preferred a smaller alt mode as it does look a bit odd with the other cars but that's the compromise for getting the scale of the robot mode right.

FT aren't going full cartoon accurate, if they were Hound's lower legs & feet would be almost as featureless and blocky as Ironhide's, the ab section and thighs wouldn't be silver and there'd probably be tiny faux wheels sculpted on the legs as well.

To those in the UK and in the know; is TF-Direct a safe source to buy from? I'm after the oversized ko MP Grimlock.

To those in the UK and in the know; is TF-Direct a safe source to buy from? I'm after the oversized ko MP Grimlock.

Great figure. Great site.

I was very nervous to buy from them as well as I hadn't heard anything about TF-Direct, but I've been using them for the last year and have been happy. I have noticed that the first day or two an item shows up the prices are lower. And they offer free shipping on orders more than $150.

Absolutely loving the look of Fans Toys Hound, he looks perfect to me & can't wait to add him to the collection.

Looks like June is shaping up to be a bumper month for me.

I have my Birthday with all the goodies that brings & also the arrival of at least 3 MP style figures...Hound / Kickback / Re-release Bombshell
If I'm really lucky as well the Birthday goodies might involve more TF stuff so it could be TF overload in my household ;) lol

Roll on June :)

Returned my Hot Rod today to Kapow Toys so hoping to have my new one in hand soon & fingers crossed he's better than this one was.

Neil

Absolutely loving the look of Fans Toys Hound, he looks perfect to me & can't wait to add him to the collection.

Looks like June is shaping up to be a bumper month for me.

I have my Birthday with all the goodies that brings & also the arrival of at least 3 MP style figures...Hound / Kickback / Re-release Bombshell
If I'm really lucky as well the Birthday goodies might involve more TF stuff so it could be TF overload in my household ;) lol

Roll on June :)

Returned my Hot Rod today to Kapow Toys so hoping to have my new one in hand soon & fingers crossed he's better than this one was.

Neil

My birthday is July 1st so Kickback and Hound should arrive just in time :)

Before that I've got FT Sludge at the end of April, it's going to be amazing to have 5 MP Dinobots even if my collection won't really be complete until FT's Grimlock is out.

Hope your replacement Hot Rod is OK!

I've never used them myself but heard people on TFW2005 say good things about them.

wanderer...I vouch for them...I have ordered many TFs from there including the oversized MP Grimlock...:)

I'm not in the UK, but have used them as well with success. They ship from Hong Kong I believe, even though they are a Canadian company.

Great figure. Great site.

I was very nervous to buy from them as well as I hadn't heard anything about TF-Direct, but I've been using them for the last year and have been happy. I have noticed that the first day or two an item shows up the prices are lower. And they offer free shipping on orders more than $150.

Thanks everyone :) gone ahead and ordered the g1 colourway :) So i've decided to pick and choose my Dinobots...I've already got Gigapower Snarl, Fans Toys Swoop, Slag (stuck in customs)and this KO Grimlock. Eventually i think I'll get Gigapower Sludge to round out the display.
The dream of recreating this set up is slowly getting there ����

Screenshot_2016-03-17-06-29-43-1.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Bay could learn an thing or two from this guy.

Amazing work, must be so time consuming! I'd totally donate if he would do the entire 1986 movie with MP's!

And, first in hand pictures of Ramjet have hit the net, It seems they retooled the mold more than we thought. His Transformation seems to be very cool as far as the head is concerned, it is actually quite genius!

I wont post the pics here, since they are not mine but there's plenty on TFW. Ratchet, Shockwave, and ramjet in the next month or so. And then in June, FT Hound, Kickback and Ocular Max Mirage (cartoon colors)! Exciting! Glad I don't collect anything else at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Love these vids. While not stop motion, this is still one of my favorite G1 vids:

The Dr Smoov version of "The Return of Optimus Prime" is probably my favorite Transformers related Youtube video.

It gave us an alternative name for Kup that definitely wasn't a Diaclone homage :lol

Back