ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of my Badcube Sunstreakers this morning and it doesn't disappoint.

Car mode isn't even close to being "off", it fits in about as perfectly with official carbots as can be, the way the proportions match MP12 is really impressive, the yellow paint matches pretty well with the yellow plastic and the chrome makes Sunstreaker stand out as he always should.

The tyres aren't the same kind of rubber as used for G1 figures or something like MP10, they have a bit more of a plasticy feel but are still easy to remove if you want to swap the rims over to the silver painted ones and have some nice tread detailing on them.

The nitpicking I've read about the back end of the car is ridiculous. For one thing, it's cartoon accurate, the exact sort of thing that Takara would be praised for so I'm not sure why there's been the criticism of it and it's not like it was ever going to look exactly like MP12's rear because the two figures have such different transformations. And who displays their figures back to front anyway?

The transformation has also recieved some flak but I'm not sure why because it's very straightforward, it just takes a little bit longer than most figures of that size. The most annoying bit is lining up the two panels either side of the head and tabbing them in but even that's not tricky, it's just one of those bits you get on every figure where parts take a bit of fiddling with before they go in flush like they're supposed to.

The worst thing about the package is the Chip Chase figure but Badcube said from the start that it wasn't going to be great as it was their first attempt and even that isn't horrible, the legs just don't fit too well.

Overall I'm very happy with the figure and am not sure whether I'll get a better figure this year although FT Sludge & Hound will definitely give it a run for it's money.

Hopefully this line is successful, I'd love for them to dive into the transmetal series of figures, this is clearly the first season Optimus Primal.

Good point about the Transmetals. The original were meh but if Takara jumped to the Transmetals, I would be all over it.

I'm the opposite. I like the robot mode but the dino head doesn't capture G1 Grimlock's look at all.

I will buy if there's an optional dino head. As is, I'm a little disappointed. I suppose it might grow on me, but either way, I'm definitely not getting rid of MP-08.

I still love the old MP-08 however the size thing kills it :(
I've got my eyes on that oversized KO thats been released but does anyone know if they'll produce a standard colour version? I hate that garish comic one they've released ...

Guys, I wanted to ask if someone has experience on how well the quality and all is on Jinbao´s Feral Rex Oversized KO?
I´ve seen this REALLY inexpensive on ebay.com yesterday and considering pretty hard on giving it a go, since another 500 for the original would be damn hard and Jinbao´s not looking bad at all...

I finally got around to transforming the 3rd party Mirage tonight, and it's a pretty sweet figure. This is one where I don't know if pics do it justice. Glad to add him to my Autobot ranks.

Does anybody know where I can still get a MMC Sphinx, in the US? Preferably this first release in the darker blue shade. I don't wanna "settle" for the lighter blue one coming later:lol

Car mode isn't even close to being "off", it fits in about as perfectly with official carbots as can be, the way the proportions match MP12 is really impressive, the yellow paint matches pretty well with the yellow plastic and the chrome makes Sunstreaker stand out as he always should.

The tyres aren't the same kind of rubber as used for G1 figures or something like MP10, they have a bit more of a plasticy feel but are still easy to remove if you want to swap the rims over to the silver painted ones and have some nice tread detailing on them.

The nitpicking I've read about the back end of the car is ridiculous. For one thing, it's cartoon accurate, the exact sort of thing that Takara would be praised for so I'm not sure why there's been the criticism of it and it's not like it was ever going to look exactly like MP12's rear because the two figures have such different transformations. And who displays their figures back to front anyway?

The transformation has also recieved some flak but I'm not sure why because it's very straightforward, it just takes a little bit longer than most figures of that size. The most annoying bit is lining up the two panels either side of the head and tabbing them in but even that's not tricky, it's just one of those bits you get on every figure where parts take a bit of fiddling with before they go in flush like they're supposed to.

The worst thing about the package is the Chip Chase figure but Badcube said from the start that it wasn't going to be great as it was their first attempt and even that isn't horrible, the legs just don't fit too well.

Overall I'm very happy with the figure and am not sure whether I'll get a better figure this year although FT Sludge & Hound will definitely give it a run for it's money.

Thanks Corsair, I'm awaiting mine as we speak. Looking forward to it!!!

Thanks Corsair, I'm awaiting mine as we speak. Looking forward to it!!!

Nice glad you are pleased with them.
I still need to order my one but things on hold at the moment as from the end of the month I will be redundant so all purchases are now on hold until further notice.

I should be due a Redundancy package but not sure how much or if I'll need to use it.
I'm looking for a new job so hopefully can get one & be employed again before I need to touch the payout which means I'll have some extra to catch up figures I'd missed previously but that's just wishful thinking lol

I do need to reply to your PM man which I will do ASAP...sorry :( lol

I finally got around to transforming the 3rd party Mirage tonight, and it's a pretty sweet figure. This is one where I don't know if pics do it justice. Glad to add him to my Autobot ranks.

Still not done mine...time hasn't been on my side lately so not had chance but I really can't wait to get him done, he looks sooooo good.

Neil

Nice glad you are pleased with them.
I still need to order my one but things on hold at the moment as from the end of the month I will be redundant so all purchases are now on hold until further notice.

I should be due a Redundancy package but not sure how much or if I'll need to use it.
I'm looking for a new job so hopefully can get one & be employed again before I need to touch the payout which means I'll have some extra to catch up figures I'd missed previously but that's just wishful thinking lol

I do need to reply to your PM man which I will do ASAP...sorry :( lol

Still not done mine...time hasn't been on my side lately so not had chance but I really can't wait to get him done, he looks sooooo good.

Neil

Very sorry to hear about your job Neil, hope you're able to find something else soon!

I still love the old MP-08 however the size thing kills it :(
I've got my eyes on that oversized KO thats been released but does anyone know if they'll produce a standard colour version? I hate that garish comic one they've released ...

The ETA for the G1 colorway is April. It is up for pre-order at TF-Direct.

I have the comic version, it is a MASSIVE improvement, so much so that it makes the Hasbro version seem like a poorly made knockoff.

Does anybody know where I can still get a MMC Sphinx, in the US? Preferably this first release in the darker blue shade. I don't wanna "settle" for the lighter blue one coming later:lol

I looked every where and finally had to go offshore for mine, but it is the first issue with the parachute. I heard with the 2nd issue the parachute is extra.

Not really a Badcube fan, but I am hearing nothing but good concerning Sunsurge. Now the issue is the are sold out everywhere and the KO is hitting eBay. Anyone know where I can get one CONUS? Thanks!

The ETA for the G1 colorway is April. It is up for pre-order at TF-Direct.

I have the comic version, it is a MASSIVE improvement, so much so that it makes the Hasbro version seem like a poorly made knockoff.

Thats awesome. Thanks so much for the info 👍

Back