ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had the wal mart issue of the first MP Scream and I wish I still had him (sigh) I still have the American version of MP01 aka 20th Prime in 80s Prime toy colors (darker red and blue) but with the aftermarket stacks on his shoulders more like his MP Convoy cousin.

got my oversized MP 08 aka Grimlock...and my my my...he is amazing...tight joints...plastic is ok and looks exactly like the original MP 08...good buy for me...:)

That Dinobots shelf makes me want to pick some of those up. I just don't have room!

And I checked my Gun Dog, and I believe his thighs may be diecast. But his feet are plastic.

They do eat up space, I reckon that I'll just about be able to get Sludge on the same shelf.

I like that more companies are using diecast, after my bad experiences with the MP01 mold I really wasn't a fan of it but the way it's been used on the various Fans Toys figures has changed my viewpoint on it.

Is it necessary for every figure? Probably not.

Do I think it helps MP level figures feel more like a premium quality collector product?

Definitely.

got my oversized MP 08 aka Grimlock...and my my my...he is amazing...tight joints...plastic is ok and looks exactly like the original MP 08...good buy for me...:)

Mine arrived today as well. It's MUCH better built than the Hasbro version, the torso is tight and there aren't wiggly bits.

After looking at it closely, there are more small details added and the sculpt is sharper as well.

I still dont know who sent it, but thanks!!!!

Last edited:
I just won an original Quakewave off eBay for $93 shipped! Let's hope he is as good as they say.

Amazing if you think about it considering he was selling all day long for 300-400 before the re issue was announced. Just like Hot Toys, there really isn't any monetary value in the items we collect anymore. Companies seem to re issue or add an accessories and advertise as a 2.0 version which makes the original versions market value lowered.

A friend at work told me about Hot Toys years ago, and told me how he makes money by buying two of every figure, and sells the second one to make a profit later the next year when its sold out. This seemed to hold true back in like 2012 till about 2014. Now it seems that Hot Toys releases new versions of figures more often.

Same goes for Transformers. Take for example Exhaust. People were holding onto multiple copies of him selling for 125.00, and then when Takara said we will re issue him prices plummeted. Now Wheeljack who was selling used for 55.00-60.00 , (I know because I just recently bought a second one) has been re issued for 38.00 plus ship. The only thing that still makes it worth holding on to first release is you are getting a tighter mold, and the color plastic may be different on the reissue like Sideswipes leg plastic color.

In the end Collect for the fun of it, open your boxes, and take them out to play with them. Even if you just transform them from alt to robot then put on a shelf you get that experience to enjoy the engineering behind the mold. :hi5:

Sad but true...I cant believe that rock bottom price for quakewave...the re issues absolutely kill. I've never seen it so rampant than with transformers..seems to be more pronounced over the past 3-4 years...re issues and the amount of 3rd parties out there saturates the market with so much product it pulls prices down. Comic books, statues and customs the best way to shield off these problems, but even then it can be hit or miss. Its all about scarcity, quality and demand.

As lotus said, collect for the fun of it. Enjoy your collection!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Got my new MP Thundercracker from RB... Very pleased. I was a bit worried about hearing things like crooked symbols, etc., but mine seems fine. Tighter than my MP-11, actually.

I was actually a little worried that there was no toy in there, though, when I got the package. Man, is it ever LIGHT. Guess I've gotten used to third party MPs. :)

Also... I haven't posted this yet for sale, but is anyone interested in an MP Star Saber? Perfect condition, only transformed once. MIB, thinking like, $165 shipped?

Mine arrived today as well. It's MUCH better built than the Hasbro version, the torso is tight and there aren't wiggly bits.

After looking at it closely, there are more small details added and the sculpt is sharper as well.

I still dont know who sent it, but thanks!!!!

Wow, lucky you!

I haven't really been tracking this release... have reviews been generally as positive as yours? Might have to rethink this... I have the original (well, original TRU version, I mean) and am quite pleased with the "platform shoes", but I might need to consider this one...

Sad but true...I cant believe that rock bottom price for quakewave...the re issues absolutely kill. I've never seen it so rampant than with transformers..seems to be more pronounced over the past 3-4 years...re issues and the amount of 3rd parties out there saturates the market with so much product it pulls prices down. Comic books, statues and customs the best way to shield off these problems, but even then it can be hit or miss. Its all about scarcity, quality and demand.

As lotus said, collect for the fun of it. Enjoy your collection!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Nah collecting right accross the board has been severly hit and non more so than the aftermarket. I'd probably suggest its more glaring within the 1/6 world where you literally cant gove stuff away.
Had to happen sooner or later what with the over inflated prices but im suprised at how quickly things have hit a brick wall.

What surprises me the most is people still preorder 1/6 figures. I don't get why. Most of them will sell cheaper in the aftermarket these days, or you can get them cheaper with discounts or coupons from various sites when they are ready to ship.

Sideshow exclusives items and payment plans are the main reason for continued pre-ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preordering to me means you feel that the item will sell out, so you want make sure you get one just in case. Exclusives have not been selling out, and you can get payment plans for items that are shipping. My point is I am just surprised people are still willing to pay full price now, instead of just showing some patience.

Yeah, I think people preorder when they feel that a figure will sell out. Or the exclusive version will sell out.. even if that has not been the case. I would pre-order to land an exclusive item like I did with the 3A Optimus Prime. Buying his blaster after the fact will be costly. I also pre-order to start a payment plan prior to the release date so that I can receive the item in or around the launch window. That's where lack of patience comes into play.

Well, all I know is that I'm out of the 1/6th game. I might have continued with Sideshow's GI Joe line, had they not cancelled it, but Star Wars, Predator, etc... Forget it. When lines constantly put out "improved" V2s, V3s, etc. it just burns me out.

Happened a long time ago, too, when I collected Hasbro and Lego Star Wars. It just burns me out, causes me to lose interest... I HOPE it doesn't happen with Transformers. I mean, I guess they've technically given us some Masterpiece V2s, but that felt more like a maturing of the line when they decided upon a proper, unified scale.

The third party game is a different beast, of course. I have to admit, I always feel like it's a bit of a "risk" when I get stuff like FansToys Willy, or BadCube's Sunsurge... Not so much Dinobots and Insecticons, though. I do try to keep things in moderation, though. For example, I didn't get Appolyon, and I decided to sell my Sphinx upon arrival, too.

I was lucky to decide on selling my Quakewave (a little above cost, when MP Laserwave was announced), and especially stuff like the iGear vans and Coneheads... Not so much on my Hercules. Any takers, lol? :)

But hey, you win some, you lose some.

Well, all I know is that I'm out of the 1/6th game. I might have continued with Sideshow's GI Joe line, had they not cancelled it, but Star Wars, Predator, etc... Forget it. When lines constantly put out "improved" V2s, V3s, etc. it just burns me out.

Happened a long time ago, too, when I collected Hasbro and Lego Star Wars. It just burns me out, causes me to lose interest... I HOPE it doesn't happen with Transformers. I mean, I guess they've technically given us some Masterpiece V2s, but that felt more like a maturing of the line when they decided upon a proper, unified scale.

The third party game is a different beast, of course. I have to admit, I always feel like it's a bit of a "risk" when I get stuff like FansToys Willy, or BadCube's Sunsurge... Not so much Dinobots and Insecticons, though. I do try to keep things in moderation, though. For example, I didn't get Appolyon, and I decided to sell my Sphinx upon arrival, too.

I was lucky to decide on selling my Quakewave (a little above cost, when MP Laserwave was announced), and especially stuff like the iGear vans and Coneheads... Not so much on my Hercules. Any takers, lol? :)

But hey, you win some, you lose some.

Your out the 1/6 game? So ur gonna sell me that custom skull face Big Boss figure finally?:pray:

Your out the 1/6 game? So ur gonna sell me that custom skull face Big Boss figure finally?:pray:

Um... you might have mistaken me for someone else, lol.

Only 1/6th figures I have left are a Wolf Cleaner Kit Pred exclusive, and Arnie T2 T-800. For the record, I guess I'm not COMPLETELY out of 1/6th, since I'm keeping my GI Joes (and still need Destro, actually), but since Sideshow's not making any new ones... I'll buy the odd vintage Joe, I suppose, but that's about it.

Um... you might have mistaken me for someone else, lol.

Only 1/6th figures I have left are a Wolf Cleaner Kit Pred exclusive, and Arnie T2 T-800. For the record, I guess I'm not COMPLETELY out of 1/6th, since I'm keeping my GI Joes (and still need Destro, actually), but since Sideshow's not making any new ones... I'll buy the odd vintage Joe, I suppose, but that's about it.

Oops yeah thought u were karamazov lol

MP07 - Toys R Us exclusive Masterpiece Starscream

-was able to get him before the official release date, got to say way better than the Takara version even without the cape and crown
accessories....at least this hasbro version has a tightly lock chest part that doesnt pop when you try to raise his hands

12346910_467717550096947_454111956_n_1.jpg

- he came packed as a jet, included inside is the base , hologram pilot and 2 extra missiles
this is the first time I saw an MP jet because I dont usually transform them if they are packed in robot mode
since I'm gonna display them in that alt mode anyways.

CAUTION : really tight joints so i used a blower to heat up the parts and not force them especially in the
chest area - just for precautionary purpose to not break anything.

12358502_467717593430276_111488340_n_1.jpg

-the chest part will not slide down, like the takara version, you have to apply a little force, then it tightly locks the
whole thing...and the canopy could really close ...unlike the takara that opens up when you fold the canopy into the waistline
and those extra side panels also secures the center part of the chest (thats the way i see it)

12358130_467717600096942_1432016695_n_1.jpg

QUESTION : how to ERASE this printed "CE" notice on the wings? its really annoying eventhough its at the back but knowing
its there bothers me.

I hope Skywarp and Thundercracker would also be re issued by Hasbro without any paint changes in the future and have those
Decepticon insignia corrected too, its much cheaper ....until then...its a long wait.

DSC08804_1.jpg

DSC08805_1.jpg

the trailer is made by a 3rd party, it comes with a black rifle for MP01 optimus prime and
a gun for Magnus ....of course its roller who is important with this package.

What surprises me the most is people still preorder 1/6 figures. I don't get why. Most of them will sell cheaper in the aftermarket these days, or you can get them cheaper with discounts or coupons from various sites when they are ready to ship.
They do sometimes sell out. Case in point--the recent Princess Leia Exclusive. But unless it's an exclusive of some sort, a custom figure (where you have to pre-order), or something where you get a good deal like ordering through ThreeZero direct, I don't pre-order much.

Oops yeah thought u were karamazov lol
Sorry man, I already sold that one awhile back. Elvis1976 did the paintwork, and it was awesome.

Back