ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty happy with my Takara Rumble, Frenzy, Ratbat and birdies... But I gotta say, Ravage always looked a bit underwhelming to me, and this looks spectacular!

$60 is a bit steep, but who knows... I've been selling quite a bit of stuff. I can probably afford it. It's kind of too bad that he can't actually fit in Soundwave, but what can you do? Chalk it up to (more) mass-shifting, I suppose. :)

As much as I like Sphinx, I can't say I need him since Invisible does his job in the class pic:lol

12269793_1000154013384672_169083992_n.jpg

I got Gun Dog yesterday. I really dig this guy. I think he works fantastically as an update to the G1 toy, though I'll use the FT version for my Transformers display, since he's a better update to the cartoon model. I took a quick pic with my phone this morning of my two favorite Autobots as a kid, all grown up *wipes tear away*

2015-12-02_07-07-33_322_zpscveaki5o.jpg

I also got this guy yesterday, but won't open until Christmas:

2015-12-01_17-53-31_995_zpsg4jjeot9.jpg

Where's grimmy?
View attachment 226546

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
I'm not really attached to comic colors (which I'm assuming these both are?), but those both look great.

I got Gun Dog yesterday. I really dig this guy. I think he works fantastically as an update to the G1 toy, though I'll use the FT version for my Transformers display, since he's a better update to the cartoon model. I took a quick pic with my phone this morning of my two favorite Autobots as a kid, all grown up *wipes tear away*

I'm not really attached to comic colors (which I'm assuming these both are?), but those both look great.
Thanks. The black shaded is the comic version and actually the blue one is based on the G2 cartoon. You can see the difference in the autobot symbols on his chest. G2 has a bigger more rounded autobot seal.

karamazov80,
Congrats!

I think Gun Dog looks nice and were it not for FT's I'd probably have one en route. How was the transformation?

BTW, if you do find any issues with your Sphinx and your dealer isn't able to offer any help you can contact MMC directly and they'll sort you out with spare parts should they be required.

King Grimlock,
I like the Grimlocks,especially the G2 version. Are you going to get the G2 Snarl that Fans Toys are doing to go with it?

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered from BBTS, so they would replace it if need-be, but probably couldn't help with replacing parts or anything. I didn't transform him yet, but may do that tonight. I'm used to Takara, where I usually have to transform them into robot mode, but it wasn't necessary here.

Thanks. The black shaded is the comic version and actually the blue one is based on the G2 cartoon. You can see the difference in the autobot symbols on his chest. G2 has a bigger more rounded autobot seal.

Ah yes. I actually had the G2 Grimlock as a younger kid. I even remember the excitement when I saw him in the store.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered from BBTS, so they would replace it if need-be, but probably couldn't help with replacing parts or anything. I didn't transform him yet, but may do that tonight. I'm used to Takara, where I usually have to transform them into robot mode, but it wasn't necessary here.

Ah yes. I actually had the G2 Grimlock as a younger kid. I even remember the excitement when I saw him in the store.

Here's the link to MMC's support page,
SUPPORT - Mastermind Creations

Hopefully you'll get a good one but it's nice to know the company themselves are offering some kind of after sales service.

No worries on the transformation, I didn't realise it came in robot mode. Does the figure have any diecast and are the jeep tyres rubber?

It looks like TFS Express will have their stock of Asia Exclusive Thundercracker next week and they're also getting the new cartoon/toy colored version of KFC Blaster so that'll be a nice bonus in time for Christmas, I just need Badcube Sunstreaker to make it out this month for the perfect end to the year in TF collecting.

Given their tendency to milk molds for every possible repaint I always thought it somewhat strange that Takara never did their own version of G2 Grimlock.

Fans Toys have already done G2 Slag and G2 Snarl so it seems likely they'll do a G2 Grimlock variant once they've finalised the design.

Congrats brother! They look really good together. I almost jumped on Gundog till the last FT pics came out and changed my mind. Still a great figure though!

I know these guys are a little old on the release tip but after having them all out together i couldn't resist reviewing them right away. So if you dudes have the time check out the Datsun Trilogy! I'll be doing MP Scourge next. He has to be my figure of the year. So damn sick!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I'm relatively new to Transformers collectibles - whats the word on the street in regards to Gigapower and Fan Toys dinobots? I really dig the chrome Guttur, but non idea how much longer the wait will be for the next one from Gigapower...

I'm relatively new to Transformers collectibles - whats the word on the street in regards to Gigapower and Fan Toys dinobots? I really dig the chrome Guttur, but non idea how much longer the wait will be for the next one from Gigapower...

At this point Fans Toys has proven to be a great alternative to the Masterpiece mainline. In some cases Fans Toys are superior in detail to an official Masterpiece. Fans Toys isn't going anywhere. Now in my opinion they do seem to have a lot on thier plate. I dont like them showing off so many renders of new figures they are making. I think they have a proven trace record and no need to keep up with pressure from other companies. As for the Dinobots, Fans Toys would be your best bet to get a full set of them.

As for GigaPower, I want them to succeed. Thier first released was a painted metallic version of Guttur. Everyone seemed to love this guy. Guttur is larger than Fans Toys scale. From all the reports of those who have him, he is a solid figure with only a couple problems like the leg. Gigapowers second release is the Chrome version of Guttur. This version seems to not have the same leg issue that the Metalic version did. People are reporting the Fit and finish is awesome.

I personally dont own any 3rd party toys. One of my close friends buys into many lines, so I get to check them out. Every time I see a new pic of a 3rd party render, I get excited most of the time. These 3P companies are getting so good at what they do. The quality of plastic is not like years ago, its solid and sometimes feels stronger than an official Masterpiece. At this point since Takara has not officially offered us a Dinobot set, and I like my dinobots large, Gigapower Chrome Guttur would be my first 3P purchase.

Gigapower seems to be very active on FaceBook, I think they will pull though giving us a complete set, but you always have to be aware 3P companies dont have the financial backing Official Takara does, so they can pack up and go out of business.

A complete set of Dinobots from Gigapower based upon them taking about 1.5 years to ship Guttur which I get takes longer because its the growing pains of getting out one figure. I would say maybe they can give use 2 Dinobots per year which is very aggressive for a new company. Grassor (Slag) & Graviter (Sludge) are the next two that are in production.

I think for me I need one more in hand Dinobot from Gigapower to buy into their line.

At this point Fans Toys has proven to be a great alternative to the Masterpiece mainline. In some cases Fans Toys are superior in detail to an official Masterpiece. Fans Toys isn't going anywhere. Now in my opinion they do seem to have a lot on thier plate. I dont like them showing off so many renders of new figures they are making. I think they have a proven trace record and no need to keep up with pressure from other companies. As for the Dinobots, Fans Toys would be your best bet to get a full set of them.

As for GigaPower, I want them to succeed. Thier first released was a painted metallic version of Guttur. Everyone seemed to love this guy. Guttur is larger than Fans Toys scale. From all the reports of those who have him, he is a solid figure with only a couple problems like the leg. Gigapowers second release is the Chrome version of Guttur. This version seems to not have the same leg issue that the Metalic version did. People are reporting the Fit and finish is awesome.

I personally dont own any 3rd party toys. One of my close friends buys into many lines, so I get to check them out. Every time I see a new pic of a 3rd party render, I get excited most of the time. These 3P companies are getting so good at what they do. The quality of plastic is not like years ago, its solid and sometimes feels stronger than an official Masterpiece. At this point since Takara has not officially offered us a Dinobot set, and I like my dinobots large, Gigapower Chrome Guttur would be my first 3P purchase.

Gigapower seems to be very active on FaceBook, I think they will pull though giving us a complete set, but you always have to be aware 3P companies dont have the financial backing Official Takara does, so they can pack up and go out of business.

A complete set of Dinobots from Gigapower based upon them taking about 1.5 years to ship Guttur which I get takes longer because its the growing pains of getting out one figure. I would say maybe they can give use 2 Dinobots per year which is very aggressive for a new company. Grassor (Slag) & Graviter (Sludge) are the next two that are in production.

I think for me I need one more in hand Dinobot from Gigapower to buy into their line.

Awesome - thank you very much for the detailed overview - I feel very informed about this situation now thanks to you!

Looks like it took a very long time (1.5 years?) for them to get Guttur out? That's a long time to wait. I guess we'll have to see how soon Grassor comes out? I saw some box art on their FB page so maybe its coming soon? Although - no preorder on BBTS yet so maybe still a long ways off...

Edit: So there are also Toy World, GCreation, and Planet X dinobots? Wow so many...

It does seem FansToys and Gigapower dinobots look more high-end though.

Back