ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man i love that shot!

The action poses are really selling it, the figure must be very well balanced.

I don't know if there's any diecast in the lower part of the figure but I wouldn't be surpised if there was just enough to keep it nice and stable.

Badcube have just announced on Facebook that they have been able to reduce their production costs and are passing the saving onto the customer so I'm guessing retailers will either refund the difference to anyone who's already pre-ordered or offer the equivalent amount in store credit.

love this figure...nobody has mentioned that once you slap on an Autobot repro symbol on his chest,that it will stay hidden in Alt car mode.Impressive!

love this figure...nobody has mentioned that once you slap on an Autobot repro symbol on his chest,that it will stay hidden in Alt car mode.Impressive!

That really does the whole "robots in disguise" concept justice.

The faux chest has recieved it's share of criticism, with claims that it doesn't really keep with the spirit of the official line but several official MP's have similar kinds of cheats within their transformations so I don't see what the issue is.

Omnigonix use the actual car parts for the robot chest on Spinout and it looks too chunky.

I can't put my finger on it, but something seems a bit off to me about him. Aesthetically he just doesn't flow together as well as most of the MP figures do to my eyes.

I think he fits perfectly with the existing carbots, but think TT Ironhide looks terrible with them. Everyone has different opinions of what works for their display, which is why the increasing options in the masterpiece aesthetic can only be a good thing :)

I think BadCube did a fantastic job on Sunstreaker, but every time I see images I think "can't wait to see the finished painted product", then realize this probably is the painted product. The monochrome yellow and black color scheme is cartoon accurate, but I hope if and when Takara Tomy does Sunstreaker they include the red accents on the shoulders like the G1 toy.

I think the simple addition of the Autobot logo will help this a bit. If and when Takara Tomy get round to Sunstreaker I am pretty sure it will have the cartoon accurate yellow shoulders though. A Hasbro release would be your best chance for the red shoulders as they seem to take more influence from the toys. Although Hasbro still haven't released Sideswipe yet............

Badcube have just announced on Facebook that they have been able to reduce their production costs and are passing the saving onto the customer so I'm guessing retailers will either refund the difference to anyone who's already pre-ordered or offer the equivalent amount in store credit.

Another great pic, and great news on the reduced price :clap

Bob

I think he fits perfectly with the existing carbots, but think TT Ironhide looks terrible with them. Everyone has different opinions of what works for their display, which is why the increasing options in the masterpiece aesthetic can only be a good thing :)
I agree with you on Ironhide. He also misses the mark for me.

That really does the whole "robots in disguise" concept justice.

The faux chest has recieved it's share of criticism, with claims that it doesn't really keep with the spirit of the official line but several official MP's have similar kinds of cheats within their transformations so I don't see what the issue is.

Omnigonix use the actual car parts for the robot chest on Spinout and it looks too chunky.

Agreed. The faux chest works brilliantly for me as it cleverly achieves a few things.

A more cartoon accurate chest size.
Hides the Autobot logo in car mode, as Teemu said.
Allows for the window pannels to be yellow in bot mode (like the animation) but black in car mode (to match MP 12 and the real car).
Allows for blue tinted windows in bot mode and black tinted windows in car mode to again match MP 12 and hide robot kibble.

Bob

Agreed. The faux chest works brilliantly for me as it cleverly achieves a few things.

A more cartoon accurate chest size.
Hides the Autobot logo in car mode, as Teemu said.
Allows for the window pannels to be yellow in bot mode (like the animation) but black in car mode (to match MP 12 and the real car).
Allows for blue tinted windows in bot mode and black tinted windows in car mode to again match MP 12 and hide robot kibble.

Bob

In the absence of mass shifting technology the faux chest is the best way for doing an accurate robot mode.

The feet still look a bit big from certain angles but if they were any smaller the alt mode scale wouldn't match with Sideswipe so it's an acceptable compromise.

So excited for this and MMC Sphinx. Hope they both release this year.

Looks like Bathing Ape MP-10 red version is coming lol!!

01.jpg

So excited for this and MMC Sphinx. Hope they both release this year.

I think there's a pretty good chance of that.

SunSurge is looking like it'll ship in late November/early December and we've already seen video reviews of a production version of Sphinx so that has to be close to being sent out to retailers as well.

12036855_164791017204667_3718579826379367287_n.jpg
12036547_164791007204668_6055174189300367306_n.jpg
12187874_164791040537998_3973738935995619466_n.jpg
12144869_164791037204665_1415984833918807876_n.jpg
12003999_164791010538001_7611409052225912591_n.jpg
11205067_164791057204663_2373594935733137870_n.jpg

DaimChoc posted New pics this morning of Over sized Prime. I'm still really liking what I see here.

OS Prime looks fantastic. Just not sure if he will fit in with my display aesthetic.

Btw, I just heard from TheChosenPrime. Guttur Chrome expected to be in stock next week! And BigBadToyStore already has him in stock.

View attachment 220093
View attachment 220094
View attachment 220092
View attachment 220095
View attachment 220097
View attachment 220098

DaimChoc posted New pics this morning of Over sized Prime. I'm still really liking what I see here.

OS Prime looks fantastic. Just not sure if he will fit in with my display aesthetic.

Btw, I just heard from TheChosenPrime. Guttur Chrome expected to be in stock next week! And BigBadToyStore already has him in stock.

Big KO Prime does look good.

Screw Prime...THEY HAVE TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic::panic:

There is a video review for the oversize KO Grimlock, he looks amazing as well. He has an extra head and the joints have been tightened.

I'm finding it very hard not to order both of them.

There is a video review for the oversize KO Grimlock, he looks amazing as well. He has an extra head and the joints have been tightened.

I'm finding it very hard not to order both of them.

The only thing I don't like about the Grimlock is the color, really don't like the comic colors.

Back