ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Apollyon today as well and straight out of the box this beast is wicked. Great looking figure....yet....you know it's a third party item which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Some of the plastics are a little less than desired and some loose parts on the insides of the legs that can get a little annoying. Not enough to turn your nose up at. Paint work is great and joint work is tight. Now the question I am asking myself....do I really ever need to transform this bot?

No - not really. Some may disagree and I understand. I simply find no desire to ever see the gun mode especially since there is a scaled gun mode for the other masterpiece bots to carry. NOPE - This bot stays the way he is...and again, it's a badass.

I'm glad to hear people like him. Hopefully I'll have mine next week. I don't plan on ever transforming him. I like that the option is there but I bought him for his robot mode.

Same. Normally I would transform him. I mean, he's a transformer after all, and it seems wrong not to! But I don't want to risk damaging something. Mine should be arriving Wednesday!

Same. Normally I would transform him. I mean, he's a transformer after all, and it seems wrong not to! But I don't want to risk damaging something. Mine should be arriving Wednesday!

The bot mode is fantastic! It's masterpiece level.Slap on a Decepticon Repro sticker and he gets better.He stands awesome on the Shelf with the other Masterpieces.

I recommend not bothering transforming.Its time consuming,fragile during the transformation,complicated,constant worry about breakage and way too precise having to line up the plug tabs.....

Well... I don't know if I'd call myself a "chicken little" but I ended up cancelling after hearing less than stellar reviews in-hand. I mean, heck, reading that Teemu wanted to throw it across the room... Yikes. :)

I know he's the "best Megatron to date" but I really feel that someone will make a better one. I can wait.

Similarly, that Chigurh thing is the "best Astrotrain to date", but I can wait for a better version of that, too. ;)

Well... I don't know if I'd call myself a "chicken little" but I ended up cancelling after hearing less than stellar reviews in-hand. I mean, heck, reading that Teemu wanted to throw it across the room... Yikes. :)

I know he's the "best Megatron to date" but I really feel that someone will make a better one. I can wait.

Similarly, that Chigurh thing is the "best Astrotrain to date", but I can wait for a better version of that, too. ;)

I wouldn't include you in that group either.

The transformation is what it is, an easy transformation is pretty much impossible on Megatron, it's just the nature of the design. I knew from the start I wasn't likely to transform it so no big deal.

Another upcoming toy I'm pretty sure I'll hate the transformation on is Badcube Warpath but I will do that at least once as it's packaged in tank mode.

My Ulimetal Optimus Prime

c8498157bb49297d1802b9689bf0245e.jpg

45b1904077776aa25180e3472c951e72.jpg

4749f210d276fe305f7c42e30095bc36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see this is how I feel.
I've done so long without Megatron that I don't actually feel upset I've missed out on this one.
It's weird but as important a character as he is I don't feel that my collection is missing out.

I honestly fail to see how anyone will make him any better he does look almost perfect (aside from the issues I did point out that are just really personal niggles a few pages back) but I'm more than willing to wait a while to see if someone does

I'll look forward to pics when you all finally do them but I'll be putting the money elsewhere I think

Neil

I think the vac-metal look on those guys is a bit of a turn-off. Obviously, it's a throw-back to the original figures, and the approach used with grimlock. But I would prefer a nice gold paint job. Maybe I just had too many cheap, KO-quality toys as a kid that had that kind of vac-metal plating. I bet fans of the old Silverhawk toys do cartwheels when they see this, though.

FT reveal the alternate dinosaur mode headsculpt for Sludge,

:lol

That's pretty cool but not something I'd ever use.

Plus we don't have a Devestator anywhere near big enough to make the scene possible ;)

Chicken littles 😂

I shall give them a shout. I'm not too fussed about the increase. I snoozed I errrr...losed!

Edit: snoozed too long there too. Out of stock 😩

He's back up for Pre-order

X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon - TFs Express

I honestly wish they'd do free shipping I definitely feel when others offer free shipping & some don't then I'm far less inclined to use them...shame as they have some good prices & might be the last remaining place to get him in the UK without customs

Neil

I absolutely love the Masterpiece Transformer line! They are great figures and great representations of the G1 classics. Cannot wait for FanToys to release Sever and Stomp to have all the dinobots!

Cannot wait for FanToys to release Sever and Stomp to have all the dinobots!

Sever's due next month and the initial release date for Stomp is December which will probably get delayed until February/March if previous releases are anything to go by.

Once they're both here I'll be waiting for FT's Grimlock which will inevitably make MP08 obsolete.

can't wait for Fans Toys Grimlock (and Snarl,Perceptor,Sludge, Skyfire,Kickback,Shrapnel)

Fans Toys rep dalianJ has said they're going to be revealing 2-3 new figures in the next month.

My guess is,
Sludge
Shrapnel
Kickback

Was looking up posts on fanstoys fbook page and da Lian replied to posts by ppl saying that devastator,omega supreme
And a quakewave reissue were all in the works. No megatron tho! hope Devs is mp size!!!

Back