ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit he looks much better in the recent crop of pictures.

Definitely think he's going to be hard to photograph well.

So Blue-Bluestreak is up for order at Kapow & I've jut done mine :)

Looking forward to him now.

Neil

Blue Bluestreak is a must.

Add me tho the bunch that's not 100% convinced with how Apollion looks. Better than MP05? Yeah, but that's really not saying much these days.

TheCorsair,

Have you seen Transbridge are taking orders for the 3P Sunstreaker?
Quite reasonable as well at £57

Omnigonix OX-01 Spinout - TFs Express

Neil

Sure have, I'm just waiting for final product photos before making a decision.

The only issue I have with Apollyon at the moment is that the elbows look a bit dodgy from certain angles but with the right pose it's not noticeable.

With the whole cartoon accuracy thing that the majority of MP buyers demand there's no getting round the fact that the "diaper" is pretty much spot on to the animation model and I don't think the chunkier robot mode is a bad thing, especially when compared with MP05.

Apollyon isn't perfect, but a perfect G1 Megatron robot mode is physically impossible whilst the mechanics for a transformation have to be taken into account.

Unless Takara or another 3rd party find a way to cheat physics it's unlikely there'll ever be a better G1 Megatron that transforms.

You see I'm still struggling with him.

The more I see the less I'm sure.

This bothers me a LOT

I'd live to have seen that with a flap covering it or some thing.
The thing is all the best poses for him have that really visable & it's just unsightly, also his foot looks odd

Dammit I'm nit picking so hard at the moment.

It's aggravating...I have the cash in Paypal to buy him but I'm just so unsure.
The thing is I don't want to miss him & get into a situation where I don't have a Megatron in my display at all but I just find some problems overshadowing the whole thing.

********* :gah::gah:

That spot is a little annoying to see but, to me, he's such a giant improvement over the original MP that I can let it slide.

They could poo in my favorite shoe & it would be better than MP-05 but I'm still finding it hard to overlook.
Also the back of his feet are beginning to irk me, they look strange.

I think I'm going to have to get him & just look past the irks, He needs to be represented in the display & with nothing forthcoming from TT then I have to take the plunge.

As I said I don't want to get into a situation where I don't get one now & then he goes all Shockwave or Scoria on the secondary market & then I'm out of luck totally.

Time to suck it up & get it done ;) lol

soundwave,
Just pose it with the legs facing front then you'll barely even see the bits that're bothering you.

For the £85-£100 it's costing in the UK it's gonna be a rare bargain for us and a better version is unlikely either from Takara or even someone like Fans Toys.

G1 Megatron is one of those characters that's always going to have compromises in toy form because the cartoon cheated so much, probably moreso with him than anyone else. All those parts have to go somewhere and an extra flap here or there probably throws off another part of the transformation.

The only issue I have with the design of Appolyon, is from the rear. His behind is basically the trigger and exposed joints. I wish they could have figured out a way to make it look good from all angles.
But still miles better than MP-5, and I would never pose him turned around anyway...

I always have a kinda weird love/hate with figures with really cool stuff on their backs. I have a decent number of them. Predators tend to have really cool backpacks… but you never see them when you have a toy on display. Seems like such a waste. I spent all this time making a custom bloody skull and spine for my Hot Toys Predator and it's hanging from his back where I never see it.

Here's my quick look at the recent TF Combiner Wars Armada Megatron! I think this ranks up their with the MP-10 Optimus Evangelion crossover for being so ugly it's pretty nice lol!! Definitely an acquired taste!

Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your thoughts on this weird repaint :)

The guy that took these pics ( TCracker at TFW ) also did a brief review,

Okay, here it goes in a nutshell
- Solid
- Sturdy
- Quite a number of parts that is die-cast
- Some joints are scary tight but in a good way, so you know that it is a figure that does not flop around
- Paintjob is great, without any overspray
- Overall well built
- There are parts that are fiddly especially the legs (the area where the gun handle grip compresses and folds to form the legs) But I need to qualify my statement that I just got the figure and I have yet tinker with it more.
- The parts that are plastic are very sturdy
- There are some spru marks on some parts, but that is not the fault of the design but more on the factory on how it was handled.

Conclusion – If you thought this was like Ollie (aka Wheelie), forget it. The quality of this figure is MILLION MILES better than Ollie. When you pick him up, it will make you feel that you are picking up a premium figure not just a run of the mill item.
XTransbot has come a long way in defining their products and I can say Apolloyon is one of their best yet. The plastic quality is on par with other reputable 3rd party companies and believe me, I just did a drop test in him, he is still fine

Dimples are not noticeable in person.

As for the quality, quite difficult to place him actually. He is up there with the better ones.

It is not fair to compare with with Quakewave because he has more moving parts compared to Quakewave. Fanstoys Quakewave transformation is basically a robot folding up to a space magnum. While Apolloyon needs to be like a gun in real life. Hence here will be some parts that are thin.

But plastic quality is a mish mash of many other companies. I see FP (the thigh and shin areas), I see some parts have FansToys plastic sturdiness (especially the abs), the fingers feel like KFC Transistor fingers in terms of quality, if you get what I mean. They are a mish mash but in a good way.

Is Apollyon perfect? No. But it's probably as close as can be managed without removing the mechanics of a transformation from the equation.

The alternatives are either this,

Or this,

XTransbots win. By a f'ing mile :lol

Back