ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard that Captured Prey had a lot of bonus coins for MP11 stolen from their table at Botcon. I really like this company and feel bad they had this happen. I only mention it because of the sign to "not touch Kronos".

I heard that Captured Prey had a lot of bonus coins for MP11 stolen from their table at Botcon. I really like this company and feel bad they had this happen. I only mention it because of the sign to "not touch Kronos".

That sucks, I've read several reference to Captured Prey's service at TFW and all have been positive.

I just got my shipping notice from Kapow Toys for Scoria! :yess::yess::yess::yess:

SO getting this. SO bought!

e5a5a7uq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rolleyes2 now I think your just pulling at strings here

Have you seen the other transformers forums? they seem to like it quite ALOT now after the new final head Sculpt is painted in Silver...slap on some reprolabels and this will look bad arse

Repro labels will probably help, I still think they should have panel lined the crap out of him, I think it would give a lot more sophisticated look. :dunno

Start getting MP transformers recently since the 1st MP-01 & MP-03. I love these vehicle mode, and gave them a touch-up paint & shiny clear coat.

I'm not a fan of the headsculpt, after how good their Prime was I expected better. Guess my collection will remain Megatron free a while longer.

Yeah I hate that headsculpt looks awful, easy pass for me.

Saw some sad new on Kapow's Twitter feed yesterday...they are dropping 3rd party lines from the site stating difficulties in dealing with the companies means it's too much hassle to do.

Full details here...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=786359521384246

I would expect they will still carry Fanstoys stuff for the Dinobots but everything else is very questionable

Sad times but looks like we may have to shop elsewhere now.

Neil

i think the kronos/jetfire looks fantastic!

and w/ a little line detail w/ either a little paint or some pin striping stickers... it'll look even better!

here's a quick and dirty w/ some lines added. really works imo...

While adding stickers and extra paint may improve the figure, I am of the mindset that I shouldn't have to spend extra time and money on an already pricey figure just to make it look better. That's why it's a pass for me personally.

Yeah I hate that headsculpt looks awful, easy pass for me.

Saw some sad new on Kapow's Twitter feed yesterday...they are dropping 3rd party lines from the site stating difficulties in dealing with the companies means it's too much hassle to do.

Full details here...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=786359521384246

I would expect they will still carry Fanstoys stuff for the Dinobots but everything else is very questionable

Sad times but looks like we may have to shop elsewhere now.

Neil

Compared to the various awesome G1 Prime sculpts there's been over the years most G1 Megatron headsculpts tend to be a bit meh....Hegemon's is still my favorite.

I saw that on their Facebook. I can see their point as the number of 3rd party companies popping up has been getting out of hand and a small independent retailer like Kapow can't afford to risk everything with companies who mess them about.

I've used omegalock.co.uk a couple of times and whilst they take a little longer than Kapow to get their stock their prices and service are decent....FT Swoop was about £15 cheaper than the Kapow price.

Skyfire looked dull in the cartoon and it doesn't translate well into a large scale toy.

No matter how people panel line it or how many stickers are added it's still going to look dull. You cannot polish a turd.

I'd like Fans Toys to cancel their version before they spend money on the final molds and put something more intresting into production eg,

Blaster
( They've had a prototype since before they even finished Quakewave. )

Astrotrain
( There's been a couple of amazing customs that could be used as a starting point. )

Impactor
( Never going to be made officially as he was a comic only character but being a Wrecker, he has enough of a cult following to ensure a lot of intrest in a toy of him. They could use iGear's unproduced design as a starting point, scale it up and then add some extra, MP style polish to it. )

Shame about Kapow.
As long as the deliver my Scoria though ... Been on PO for an eternity

I read on Facebook a little while ago that all their stock has arrived and all pre-orders will be posted by the close of business on Thursday.

My feeling is that Kapow will stick with a handful of 3rd parties including FT as I've not heard anything that suggests they mess vendors about.

You and franpincho only buy Dollar Store knockoffs and Kronos?

:lol the point is...nobody even has this figure in hand and are calling it crap.....while people who have seen it in person (at botcon) are calling it awesome! ABS is not cheap plastic and Kronos is ABS and diecast,not too mention IMO I think its because some here just don't like the G1 cartoon design of Skyfire that they feel the need to hate on it.Again,nobody has this in hand....but EVERY transformer could be CHEAP plastic..just take a look at HASBRO'S TF Age of Distinction line...talk about dollar store cheap plastic.

:lol the point is...nobody even has this figure in hand and are calling it crap.....while people who have seen it in person (at botcon) are calling it awesome! ABS is not cheap plastic and Kronos is ABS and diecast,not too mention IMO I think its because some here just don't like the G1 cartoon design of Skyfire that they feel the need to hate on it.Again,nobody has this in hand....but EVERY transformer could be CHEAP plastic..just take a look at HASBRO'S TF Age of Distinction line...talk about dollar store cheap plastic.

You don't need to have something in hand to judge it, if that were the case companies like Sideshow would soon go out of business because virtually all the stuff they sell is done via pre-order.

I won't have MP Wheeljack until sometime in August, but it didn't stop me from pre-ordering two because the prototype looked amazing and although I have a couple of reservations about Ultra Magnus I like what I've seen enough to give it a go as if I don't like it I'll just resell.

ABS plastic and diecast aren't cheap materials, but they are also no guarantee of a quality product.

The reason I dislike Daca Toys is because their guy's whole motivation for doing this appears to be a desire to pander to the scalper market and to score petty vanity points in his delusional pissing contest with Fans Toys.

Arafat blew his whole "in it for the fans" act with his recent outbursts on the TFW forums and I have no sympathy for anyone who did so much to provoke others only to then try playing the victim card when he got called on it.

I read on Facebook a little while ago that all their stock has arrived and all pre-orders will be posted by the close of business on Thursday.

My feeling is that Kapow will stick with a handful of 3rd parties including FT as I've not heard anything that suggests they mess vendors about.

Here's hoping we get ours in by Saturday/Monday then..
I hope Kapow do still carry on selling the main TP stuff. Andy messaged me on FB a bit ago about how him and other retailers got screwed over with the Warbotron saga. I don't know if that's influenced his decision.

Back