ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS is great. So is tfsource (free shipping) and captured pray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks--BBTS and tfsource were the two I was thinking of choosing between. I've ordered from BBTS before but have never used Tfsource. Free shipping would sweeten the deal.

I am getting sick of these Scoria pics, WANT IT NOW! :lol

I can't see this thing getting any better, I am drooling so much over this, its crazy.

Well, I just got my Huffer from BBTS yesterday. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I haven't run into any serious defects. Very happy with this purchase and I look forward to future releases from this company!

Just a few quick pics (just barely picked up the MP Prime; late to the game). Just waiting on some Autobot decals from ReproLabels!

15wb2wi.jpg
2uthq2b.jpg
oa0xm0.jpg

Well, I just got my Huffer from BBTS yesterday. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I haven't run into any serious defects. Very happy with this purchase and I look forward to future releases from this company!

Just a few quick pics (just barely picked up the MP Prime; late to the game). Just waiting on some Autobot decals from ReproLabels!

15wb2wi.jpg
2uthq2b.jpg
oa0xm0.jpg

very cool pic. still undecided wether to get the figure or not due to quality control issues. design looks great. but scared about getting a QC fig

What cannons are those TK0083? Amazon or someone else's?

Also, bit the bullet are ordered MP Wheeljack, still iffy on Bumblebee. All depends on who we see now til his release.

Silent Bob,
Congrats on the Tigertrack order. He'll make a great standin until the proper yellow & black Lamborghini arrives :lol

Scoria is looking incredible, I hear the more limited version also shoots rainbows from it's horns.

TK0083,
Congrats on getting a Huff without any major issues. Just be careful when transforming as if paint starts flaking off it'll be the chest or the thighs.

I'm hoping the 2nd run has better QC as I'd really like another so I've got one I can repose and transform without worrying about potential paint issues. The transformation is up there with the MP Laserbeak/Buzzsaw mold in terms of cleverness and both modes look fantastic.

karamazov80,
There was also this set released more recently for MP10,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YgP791mxVg

They also go in the cab of Cubex Huff.

I've decided to give MTMTE another shot and have ordered the 2nd TPB, if nothing else the antics of Swerve will be worth the money.

I've also just pre-ordered the MakeToys 2-pack with IDW Swerve & Gears and also got the "My First Blaster" accessory as part of the deal :yess:

EDIT
khai,
Nice display of all the collector cards. I think I'll have to see if there's somewhere in the UK that sells the cases.

Swoop and Snarl have been confirmed and at least one of them should be released this year ( probably Swoop ), Sludge is also happening but proving the trickiest to design and they've said they'll do Grimlock last if there's enough demand.

SurlyJ,
Sometimes how a figure is posed can make a big difference to how it's percieved. In a local comic shop I've seen Hot Toys figures posed so badly they look like dollar store figures. You would think that they'd want to show them off at their best in order to increase the chances of selling such expensive items to people who aren't already familiar with the brand but apparently not.

The guy who got the Scoria sample has made a similarly half assed job of his pics.

I suppose the question I'd ask is; is it worth buying MP grimlock or hold out for maybe FT releasing their version....

I suppose the question I'd ask is; is it worth buying MP grimlock or hold out for maybe FT releasing their version....

I think FT mentioned that they may tackle Grimlock after the other Dinobots if there is a huge demand for it. But it may be a while before they even get to it. Also keep in mind that they cancelled their version of Soundwave.

I think the Takara reissue can be had for decent prices or you can wait for the Hasbro one. Grimlock is a very solid figure. You might as well get a figure that you can enjoy now than wait 2-3 years for one that might come out. You can always sell it if you don't like.

KoolKollectiblesKhai, that is a sweet set up! Are those the magnetic cardholders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wait.

I think there'll be enough demand for a FT Grimlock that they'll decide to make one but the earliest we'll see an announcement is probably the latter half of next year.

That said if you can get a Takara MP08 or the original Hasbro release for a decent price in the meantime it's still a very nice toy, the platform shoes that come with Scoria aren't a perfect solution to the scale difference but it'll do the job until a complete new one gets made.

Avoid the upcoming Hasbro rerelease of MP08 like the plague because it looks like it's being cast in that light grey plastic they use that makes everything look cheap & nasty.

The actual bootleg MP08 looks nicer than that although I'm not sure on the quality of the parts.

EDIT
Gobot Cy-Kill makes an unexpected return,

Apparently it's the same size as the Masterpiece Nissans in robot mode and will cost $100.

Hound,
The cannons are the Amazon Exclusives. I can also vouch for the Dr. Wu versions. My brother has a set and you can't go wrong with them!

thecorsair,
Thanks for the advice! Definitely gonna handle this figure with care!

Thanks Corsair & bicoid. Last question, are we writing off that Giant TP Slag that's been previewed? It looks the ideal Dinobot scale to me but looks ridiculous next to Grimlock!

To anyone who owns the Takara Soundwave, Is it just mine or are the hips joints really tight? to the point where they feel like they're gonna snap? in an out is ok, it's just the snaps forward and back. Thanks.

Thanks Corsair & bicoid. Last question, are we writing off that Giant TP Slag that's been previewed? It looks the ideal Dinobot scale to me but looks ridiculous next to Grimlock!

I take it you mean the Giga Power Snarl.

Until more is known about it I think it's premature to make any real decisions on it.

The aesthetic of the robot mode looks good and the scale is impressive but I'd never buy anything from a new company based on that alone.

I also need to see the alt mode, what materials are being used in it's construction, a projected release date, what accessories there are, final paint apps and the all important price and even then I wouldn't make any decision until in hand reviews are available of a production sample.

FT's overall package for Scoria is so good that just being bigger doesn't guarantee Giga Power will attract enough customers to ensure sales are good enough for them to go on and complete the whole team.

GP have shown silhouettes of all 5 but they're easy to Photoshop and no guarantee of anything particularly if the first one doesn't sell as well as they hope.

I wouldn't write them off yet but FT have a significant advantage due to the brand loyalty that Quakewave brought them.

To anyone who owns the Takara Soundwave, Is it just mine or are the hips joints really tight? to the point where they feel like they're gonna snap? in an out is ok, it's just the snaps forward and back. Thanks.

Is it the actual ball parts under the waist plate? I found mine were too tight and I just loosened the screws on the back about a 1/2 turn and they were fine.

Is it the actual ball parts under the waist plate? I found mine were too tight and I just loosened the screws on the back about a 1/2 turn and they were fine.

Nah, the ball moves fine it's just the pegs that fit into the top of the leg. It feels risky even attempting to pose his legs.

Nah, the ball moves fine it's just the pegs that fit into the top of the leg. It feels risky even attempting to pose his legs.

I had the same problem. The right leg is tighter than the left, I was afraid that I was gonna break it. :lol

I open up the screws just to loose em up and they are fine now.

Back