ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Prowls today! :yess:

A few thoughts,

The headsculpt is top notch.
( It's between Prowl and MP Grimlock for best TF headsculpt ever. )

The transformation is nice & involved without being overly complex.
(The only annoying bit was getting the chest to lock in but once it went the whole thing really felt solid. )

Another outstanding robot mode.
( Like Sideswipe has the clean, G1 look down virtually perfectly and the articulation is a far cry from the brick-formers of yesteryear. The legs are hollow but that's only noticeable if you're the type to display your TF's back to front....how many people can honestly say they do that? )

The car mode.
( The Nissan isn't as sexy as a Lamborghini but still looks very nice, especially when you get a paintjob that's about as good as can be expected at this scale and pricepoint. )

My verdict = Another massive home run by Takara.

Bluestreak is next and I'll probably like him more as I have a bigger connection with the character as he was the first large scale Autobot car I ever owned as a kid.

The legs are hollow but that's only noticeable if you're the type to display your TF's back to front....how many people can honestly say they do that? )

Dude the black shin parts of the lambos have a panel that extends to the side and locks the whole leg. It covers that unsightly gap and makes the leg more complete. I think you missed it on all your figures considering I can see the black panel lines of the car detail on your figure's legs.

Dude the black shin parts of the lambos have a panel that extends to the side and locks the whole leg. It covers that unsightly gap and makes the leg more complete. I think you missed it on all your figures considering I can see the black panel lines of the car detail on your figure's legs.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd never noticed that panel as I rarely bother with official instructions.

I must have picked out a video review that missed it :gah:

I picked up a Prowl this week. Pretty cheap by someone who wasn't happy with it. I have NO idea why, because this is quite possibly one of the best Transformers I have ever handled. There is not enough praise I can give this thing!

EDIT: The only real disappointment I have with it is that the rocket launcher is an exclusive. They really would have topped off an amazing package, right now it just feels like something is missing whenever I have the base shoulder guns deployed.

I picked up a Prowl this week. Pretty cheap by someone who wasn't happy with it. I have NO idea why, because this is quite possibly one of the best Transformers I have ever handled. There is not enough praise I can give this thing!

EDIT: The only real disappointment I have with it is that the rocket launcher is an exclusive. They really would have topped off an amazing package, right now it just feels like something is missing whenever I have the base shoulder guns deployed.

Congrats! :hi5:

The rocket launcher is very half assed IMO as it's not even the correct color to the G1 launcher ( which was grey ) and only offering 1 instead of a set of two is a bit lame.

If they redo the launcher in red for Bluestreak I would probably pick up a couple.

Congrats! :hi5:

The rocket launcher is very half assed IMO as it's not even the correct color to the G1 launcher ( which was grey ) and only offering 1 instead of a set of two is a bit lame.

If they redo the launcher in red for Bluestreak I would probably pick up a couple.

Yeah, it needed 2 proper missile launchers to come standard. Still don't know why they only offered 1.

Yeah, it needed 2 proper missile launchers to come standard. Still don't know why they only offered 1.

It's an odd decision for sure but given how good they've been in the last year or so I think we can cut Takara a fair bit of slack for things like that.

Spiderwebb13,
Thanks!

It was nice to finally get the package this morning and Prowl is definitely worth the wait, whatever Shogo Hasui is being paid by Takara I think they should double it because he's nailing virtually every single character.

Hope your package arrives safely!

Ugh, I kind of hate Dr. Wu... The Amazon ones shouldn't run you too much, right?

If anyone wants a bunch of TF Prime and Beast Hunters figures, I'm getting ready to sell off a big lot for a good deal.

Ive been lucky enough to be told that I'll be sent replacement knee joints for the ones broken on my mp-9b.

I can take the thigh pieces off easily enough and remove the lower leg, but does anyone have pics or instructions on how to disassemble the lower leg to remove the knee joint and replace it?

Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Whats wrong with Dr. Wu?

I think he makes really good stuff, but it's just way too expensive. I have 3 of his swords and kind of regret buying them, as cool as they are.

I bought a TF Prime Wheeljack head set and the Classics Hound/Ravage weapons set. Both were made from the kind of plastic used for model kits, which is great for detail, but not too durable...

I don't know. It was okay for the weapons set, I suppose (they're pretty thick), but when I tried to screw the head sculpt in the soft plastic wouldn't take the screw. I suppose it's salvageable but I was kind of annoyed.

Back