ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I showed this or not. Made this years ago. I apologize if I showed it already.
4qfktx.jpg

28j8vwk.jpg

If Takara makes another MP Hot Rod, might aswell make another MP Rodimus too because the origami transformation to winnebago mode is nasty.

I don't know about that, it works well enough i think and looks pretty smooth even if it is cheating transformation.

344vc79.jpg

DPrime;5299204 Yeah said:
Yep I'm definitely on the look out for an MP10 now.
As I mentioned before I managed to break my Faith Leader so really could do with an MP10 so I don't break him anymore :(

I'm still hoping we see him in the UK but the longer we are waiting the less likely that is ever going to happen so I may have to bite the bullet & pay Ebay prices :(

This will teach me for assuming he was just another variant of the original MP01 & not realizing he was the starts of a new scale revolution & should have been a must buy at the time :monkey2:monkey2
No one to blame but myself really :gah::gah:

I'm also not sure if I should pay the extra for the Takara over the Hasbro version.

May have to have another look at the comparrison shots again to see what looks better.

I don't know about that, it works well enough i think and looks pretty smooth even if it is cheating transformation.

344vc79.jpg

I love that shot...they look so good together in those modes.
He is a total pain to transform but I really think Takara got it right with the vehicle modes on Rodimus.

Neil

344vc79.jpg

Nice. Do u have pics of these in vehicle mode with MP sideswipe/red alert or MP10 prime?

Yep I'm definitely on the look out for an MP10 now.
As I mentioned before I managed to break my Faith Leader so really could do with an MP10 so I don't break him anymore :(

I'm still hoping we see him in the UK but the longer we are waiting the less likely that is ever going to happen so I may have to bite the bullet & pay Ebay prices :(

This will teach me for assuming he was just another variant of the original MP01 & not realizing he was the starts of a new scale revolution & should have been a must buy at the time :monkey2:monkey2
No one to blame but myself really :gah::gah:

I'm also not sure if I should pay the extra for the Takara over the Hasbro version.

May have to have another look at the comparrison shots again to see what looks better.

I love that shot...they look so good together in those modes.
He is a total pain to transform but I really think Takara got it right with the vehicle modes on Rodimus.

Neil

Sorry to hear about ur faith leader. I had to pack him and ultra leader up and put them away because my cat kept on attacking those two for some reason. I miss having em displayed,still two of my favorite TF figures for sure.

As for MP10 I hope you guys in the UK get him. I dont know why Hasbro wouldnt want to make money selling figures people actually want.:dunno Per Ebay it seems that Takaras MP10 seems to go for US$30-50 more than Hasbros. Im not sure if Takaras is worth that much more but I will say the Hasbro version is excellent. If I had to choose Id go Hasbro mainly because of the more cartoony colors and painted eyes,screams more cartoon which is what Im looking for. Its just as good quality wise as Takaras so I cant justify the markup. Either way you will be happy with him!

Sorry to hear about ur faith leader. I had to pack him and ultra leader up and put them away because my cat kept on attacking those two for some reason. I miss having em displayed,still two of my favorite TF figures for sure.

As for MP10 I hope you guys in the UK get him. I dont know why Hasbro wouldnt want to make money selling figures people actually want.:dunno Per Ebay it seems that Takaras MP10 seems to go for US$30-50 more than Hasbros. Im not sure if Takaras is worth that much more but I will say the Hasbro version is excellent. If I had to choose Id go Hasbro mainly because of the more cartoony colors and painted eyes,screams more cartoon which is what Im looking for. Its just as good quality wise as Takaras so I cant justify the markup. Either way you will be happy with him!

Meh it's just one of those things.
He still displays ok it's just the fists that are the issue, the bit that broke are the sliders that moves the fists in & out of the forearm so it's a pain but once transformed in either mode looks fine.

Lol that's very random with the cats...you obviously have Decepticon cats ;) lol
On a side note I have a cat & I named him Jazz ;)

Yep I'm still hoping but I doubt it's coming...been far too long now.

I reckon I'd be better saving the money & going for the Hasbro version...can use the difference towards one of the Nissan triplets instead.

Neil

As for MP10 I hope you guys in the UK get him. I dont know why Hasbro wouldnt want to make money selling figures people actually want. Per Ebay it seems that Takaras MP10 seems to go for US$30-50 more than Hasbros. Im not sure if Takaras is worth that much more but I will say the Hasbro version is excellent. If I had to choose Id go Hasbro mainly because of the more cartoony colors and painted eyes,screams more cartoon which is what Im looking for. Its just as good quality wise as Takaras so I cant justify the markup. Either way you will be happy with him!

So apparently the situation is as bad in the UK as it is in scandinavia? I wonder if many TRU stores in the mainland has got MP-10. It seems that these are just northern america releases :mad: That is why I always order Takara versions and not to wait any hasbro version (which are most likely never released here). I should get my Soundwave during next week.

So apparently the situation is as bad in the UK as it is in scandinavia? I wonder if many TRU stores in the mainland has got MP-10. It seems that these are just northern america releases :mad: That is why I always order Takara versions and not to wait any hasbro version (which are most likely never released here). I should get my Soundwave during next week.

Pretty much...I think it's probably Hasbro Europe who are to blame here, they seem like they couldn't organise a P**s up in brewery & ae doing nothing but screwing European collectors.

I was in my local TRU on Saturday on the off chance & we had nothing in the TF aisle aside from a lot of Kree-O figures, a few Fall of Cybertron Primes & some Bumblebee, Prime & Megatron Prime figures.

Nothing I'd be spending my money on.

This is why I spend the money on importing Takara MP's...at least I'm gauranteed to get what I want that way.

On a side note I just pre-ordered MP17 from Kapow Toys so I'm set for the arrival of Prowl now.

Missus & my brother have offered to buy me the MP15 & 16 Cassette's for my birthday in June
My parents are getting me MP18

So just MP19 for me to worry now & then it's iGears Gears & Outback & I should be done till they drop the news on MP20's & beyond then it will begin all over again ;) :thud::thud:

Neil

My vote is for the Hasbro MP-10. I got the Takara one late in the game but never fell in love with it. I could never put my finger on why not until the Hasbro one came out with the painted eyes.

Prime goes from dead to Optimus with just that one change!

Heck, the US masterpiece releases aren't exactly easy to find in the US either. I never even saw Hot Rod, I saw Grimlock once, imported starscream from Japan and saw MP 10 twice but not since the new year. I'm not confident that I can even find soundwave domestically when it does come out.

344vc79.jpg

Well I didn't say it didn't look good after the fact that you hide all of it inside a shell of Rodimus, but if they remade it where Rodimus actually tranforms to the front cab and not just hide all his kibbly mess inside a shell.

Was lucky enough to snag one Hasbro MP-10. You kind of wonder how many Hasbro produces and where and who stocks them. It's like they were shipped to another dimension.

Was lucky enough to snag one Hasbro MP-10. You kind of wonder how many Hasbro produces and where and who stocks them. It's like they were shipped to another dimension.

I can tell you a lot have been shipped to Asia. I'm in guang zhou china and there is a load of Hasbro mp10s here.

Well I didn't say it didn't look good after the fact that you hide all of it inside a shell of Rodimus, but if they remade it where Rodimus actually tranforms to the front cab and not just hide all his kibbly mess inside a shell.

Yea they might have been able to do that but, i think there would be more ugly panel lines in alt mode and the figure would have more kibble in robot mode due to the fact he would need two flame tampo designs from alt mode to robot mode.

Nice. Do u have pics of these in vehicle mode with MP sideswipe/red alert or MP10 prime?

I do not. If i ever get my Rodimus trailer out again sometime, i will take a pic of him next to MP10 in alt mode..pretty sure the scale is not too bad between the two.

Check this video out and you can kinda get the idea of scale between Tak Rodimus and Optimus, looks about right to me.

[ame="https://youtu.be/63makexXw0I"]https://youtu.be/63makexXw0I[/ame]

Last edited:
Holy fraking diver! I just checked some TF-pre-orders from a belgian store that I have used. Those new Alternity Prime and Saber are like 120€. They are quite expensive in tfsource as well :panic: And somebody thought that MP Sideswipe was expensive :D Also Ratbat is 36€. Though I might pre-order just one. Japanese imports tend to be rather high, but most likely Ratbat is not going to see daylight as an european/US version.

Gaahhh!!! I just transformed MP Soundwave from robot mode to alt mode and back again, and now noticed that he has small paint scratches on both upper thighs on the outer edge of his legs under the hip joint!

It looks to me like the mechanism to slide the lower leg up into the thigh area when going into alt mode and folding up the legs might be scratching the upper thigh area on the sides of the legs! Goddamn it!!! Lucky it's not too noticeable unless you're looking for it, but still a pain. I dont think I'll be transforming him much now!

Back