ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you simply don't know. Due to the writer's strike, Revenge of the Fallen's script was written in just a few short weeks, and had to be constructed around locations and setpieces that were already in place (those things all have to be ready long before shooting begins). Dark of the Moon's script had a good 8 months to be written, and the locations, setpieces and characters were determined based on that script (as opposed to doing it backwards).

Very well put my man.

And how do you "know' all these opinions?

Come on, I know how well respected you are in the TF community but that's really ignorant for someone to say. B*tch about the movie when it's released, not when you've seen about 3min TOTAL of screen footage.

It still boggles my mind why he is "so respected", especially after statements like that where he's basically ripping on the very thing that he makes a living off of. B*tching about the very thing thats gonna bring in most of his income this summer. Yeah, classy.
:slap::rolleyes2

Official poster!

Transformers-3-Dark-of-the-Moon-Poster_1304096952.jpg

I want that _____ on my wall!

And how do you "know' all these opinions?

Come on, I know how well respected you are in the TF community but that's really ignorant for someone to say. B*tch about the movie when it's released, not when you've seen about 3min TOTAL of screen footage.

I don't know anything, hence the word "perhaps"
yeah, TFTM and ROTF made a lot of money, but as movies, they weren't great. Got countless terrible reviews, and are popcorn flicks at best. Don't misunderstand, I (personally) love them, and will love DOTM as well. I'm not b#tching either. Just making an assumption/statement based off facts. Fact : bay hasn't directed a great movie yet.

I dont get that statement, what makes you think it's geared towards non TF fans?
And please for the love of god I hope your answer doesnt have the term G1 in it. Maybe Im speculating but that brings me to the point I wanted to make.

because there aren't enough TF fans to generate millions and billions in the box office. Yeah, TF fans will see it, but they (bay/paramount) are catering and creating a movie for the general public - because, simply put - that's where the $$$ is.

Very well put my man.

It still boggles my mind why he is "so respected", especially after statements like that where he's basically ripping on the very thing that he makes a living off of. B*tching about the very thing thats gonna bring in most of his income this summer. Yeah, classy.
:slap::rolleyes2

a lot of things boggle your mind.

surprised you can even spell the word "classy" ;)

and as far as the "time put into script" you're only speculating. just because a write or worker is on strike, doesn't necessarily mean he's doing nothing. There's also no proof or facts leading anyone to believe the DOTM script was "more carefully written" or "better" than any prior script.

Any one got any info on those 3rd party insecticons that are supposed to be coming out sometime. Ive been really keeping my eye on those 3 and have been wondering when there supposed to be released.

Well, I guess I'm abnormal then :(

The Bayformers films do bupkus for me, and this feels exactly like the others based on this one trailer. I couldn't get through the 2nd film, so I don't think I'll even watch this one.

I'm going to go into this film with low to no expectations. The trailer visually seems like the last film: lots of action going on but confusing as to what's happening exactly. I'm going to hope for a good story that makes sense. The last film was a complete mess, the last half hour was borderline unwatchable.

Meh, trailer looks exciting, but i'll make my final decision once i see it.
Overall, I expect it to be a good popcorn movie.

but in the long run, no better or worse than the SW prequels.

On the upside, Bay's done after this, right?

transformer snobs up in dis b1tch lol...

kidding. just surprised to see so many non fans thats all...

and seriously...plot...in a transformers movie....really?! just give me those huge explosions and giant robots smashing each other allllllllllllll day :)

Honestly, whatever it was that I loved about Transformers as a kid (and continue to love today) was not very evident in Bay's movies. Sure, the cartoons were simplistic and cheesy, but at least I could tell what was going on, and the characters were likable and aesthetically pleasing to look at. I thought Megatron and Optimus, in general, had good, G1-like personalities. But they look like a big, random jumble of parts when they are robots. I also enjoyed the one scene where Megatron told Starscream "You failed me once again!" or whatever, but it seemed to be missing the heart of the old G1 cartoon in most cases.

I can only speak to the first film, since it was the only one I watched all the way through, but--the story was forgettable, explosions are overdone (as is always the case in a Bay movie), humor was bad and often in bad taste, acting was nothing to write home about even though the great John Turturro was involved, too many unnecessary "dramatic" pans and slow-mo shots in the Bay style, characters were not very likable with the exception of Optimus (that I chalk up to Cullen's voice), and I just didn't feel fulfilled leaving the theater. To me, the culmination of all that just made for a less than pleasant experience, compounded by the fact that it is a franchise I love and would love to see treated with a bit more care.

As for robots smashing each other, that might be OK except it just looks like a bunch of jumbled hunks of trash rolling around when they fight. I couldn't really tell what was going on half the time.

The latest image of TFC Devastator,
devs.jpg

Hope we get some price info and release schedules soon.

Back