ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are ____ing Diaclone figures originally, take it easy man. These are memories that will last a life time for me, not those ____ing ____ty Bayformers.

Memories from a time when we used are imagination and it was a ____ing lot of fun back in 84-85 when i owned these toys, not sure how old you are though..maybe you were not lucky enough to have that experience and rather stuck with Bay____formers.

They are ____ing Diaclone figures originally, take it easy man. These are memories that will last a life time for me, not those ____ing ____ty Bayformers.

Memories from a time when we used are imagination and it was a ____ing lot of fun back in 84-85 when i owned these toys, not sure how old you are though..maybe you were not lucky enough to have that experience and rather stuck with Bay____formers.

Hey, for some those bayformers are just as important as your rubbish old unarticulated bricks.
So YOU take it easy, ok pal?

25 years later, Megatron returns home. :)

209sllv.jpg

:hi5:

Nice, G1 Megs is a great toy and that is the best reissue.

I can't believe I just read that :cuckoo:

Why is that? Or are you also incapable of realzing that different people like different things?

For some of us, like myself, we didnt have tf's as kids.
The most i had was a g2 laser prime (which ive still got) and a couple of other g2 toys, and the only tf cartoon i saw was the old movie.

After that life and other things distracted me from tf's and it wasnt until 2007 and the brilliant live action movie came out that i realized how much i loved the concept of transformers as a child and was able to finally experiance the real joy of collecting them as i was now an adult and could afford to buy whatever toys i wanted.

So when a G1 fanboy who is so blinded by nostalgia he cant see that his precious g1 toys are unarticulated and poorly designed bricks and thinks nobody else should like any other line of tf's and thinks other lines cant be just as important to other collectors is an asinine and ignorant attitude to have.

I can understand the nostalgia part but dont sit there and tell me MY fave line of tf's arent as important or fun as yours just because you are stuck in the 80's and dont like fresh new changes that keep the franchise alive for new generations of collectors and children.

I guess you'd rather see the whole franchise wither and die then see it florish and succeed if it means you can keep your precious G1 memories alive.

And THAT my friends is truly :cuckoo:

Why is that? Or are you also incapable of realzing that different people like different things?

The most i had was a g2 laser prime (which ive still got) and a couple of other g2 toys, and the only tf cartoon i saw was the old movie.

After that life and other things distracted me from tf's and it wasnt until 2007 and the brilliant live action movie came out that i realized how much i loved the concept of transformers as a child and was able to finally experiance the real joy of collecting them as i was now an adult and could afford to buy whatever toys i wanted.

So when a G1 fanboy who is so blinded by nostalgia he cant see that his precious g1 toys are unarticulated and poorly designed bricks and thinks nobody else should like any other line of tf's and thinks other lines cant be just as important to other collectors is an asinine and ignorant attitude to have.

I can understand the nostalgia part but dont sit there and tell me MY fave line of tf's arent as important or fun as yours just because you are stuck in the 80's and dont like fresh new changes that keep the franchise alive for new generations of collectors and children.

I guess you'd rather see the whole franchise wither and die then see it florish and succeed if it means you can keep your precious G1 memories alive.

I have no problems with Bayformers, that's not why I posted that. I'm not a G1 "fanboy" either, it just so happens that G1 is my favourite in the world of Transformers.

I said that because you've basically just insulted the original toys when they were the birth of everything we have now to do with TF. Oh, and, I wasn't even alive when G1 was made, I'm a 90s kid!

I have no problems with Bayformers, that's not why I posted that. I'm not a G1 "fanboy" either, it just so happens that G1 is my favourite in the world of Transformers.

I said that because you've basically just insulted the original toys when they were the birth of everything we have now to do with TF. Oh, and, I wasn't even alive when G1 was made, I'm a 90s kid!

Sorry most of that post wasnt aimed at you. :monkey3

I can appriciate what you are saying, but at the same time why must we all like the same thing?
I LOVE G1 characters and cartoon/comic designs, i just dont know what all the fuss is about with the toys.
Half of them look nothing like their on-screen counterparts and nearly all of them have zero posability or articulation.
Part of the fun of tf's for me is being able to transform them and see them in cool poses so when a toy just stands there in the typical stiff robotic pose and doesnt look anything like who its supposed to look like then i guess i just dont see the appeal.
Now toys like MP Prime, updates of the G1 toys that have all the awesome modern points of articulation and features is more my type of G1 toy.
It might not have been out in the 80's but i'll be damned if it isnt the best and most accurate looking rendition of the character and it means more to me than you can possibly imagine.
If the house was on fire and i could only run back in and save 1 toy it would be him....after i got my wife and 3 cats out first that is lol.

Sorry most of that post wasnt aimed at you. :monkey3

I can appriciate what you are saying, but at the same time why must we all like the same thing?
I LOVE G1 characters and cartoon/comic designs, i just dont know what all the fuss is about with the toys.
Half of them look nothing like their on-screen counterparts and nearly all of them have zero posability or articulation.
Part of the fun of tf's for me is being able to transform them and see them in cool poses so when a toy just stands there in the typical stiff robotic pose and doesnt look anything like who its supposed to look like then i guess i just dont see the appeal.
Now toys like MP Prime, updates of the G1 toys that have all the awesome modern points of articulation and features is more my type of G1 toy.
It might not have been out in the 80's but i'll be damned if it isnt the best and most accurate looking rendition of the character and it means more to me than you can possibly imagine.
If the house was on fire and i could only run back in and save 1 toy it would be him....after i got my wife and 3 cats out first that is lol.

Sorry for getting ratty haha, it's not been the best of days for me! :monkey1

I see what your saying, i just love my G1 toys because they are the first ones I ever got, which is why I protect them so fiercly.

See what you mean about the MP figures too, love them. I have that OP and he has pride of place in my detolf, he'd probably be the first one I went for if my house was on fire too. :rotfl

Sorry for getting ratty haha, it's not been the best of days for me! :monkey1

I see what your saying, i just love my G1 toys because they are the first ones I ever got, which is why I protect them so fiercly.

See what you mean about the MP figures too, love them. I have that OP and he has pride of place in my detolf, he'd probably be the first one I went for if my house was on fire too. :rotfl

Hehe you got those Ikea shelves too? Where abouts on this septic isle are you from?

A warning here in that the rocket pack doesnt fit on the 1984 Optimus :mad: I've heard it works for later issues but it's something to be aware of.

I'm glad you posted that. I only have my G1 original Prime and I thought I was going crazy trying to get the backpack on. I ended up shaving down the peg on the bottom but it still doesn't work too well.
I agree that it is worth the purchase. It's nice seeing G1 Prime with a Matrix.

Jeez man, you come off like a smartass punk kid. Respect the ____ that the Bayformers came from. Stop being so argumentative.

Dont' bother Valfar, RubbaDubz is one angry dwarf.

One of the best mainly because he looks like G1 Jazz, not that retarded ghetto Bayformer version..waz crakin little _____es..this looks like a cool place to kick it...:cuckoo:

Back