ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. :google

Original Transformers Collection Sells for $1,000,000!!!

1Mtranformers.jpg

Why a million? If there is 275 Transformers and even in the condition that some of those are in and not even AFA graded... would sell for at the very best in the tens of thousands. 1,000,000?! Okay. Someone got, rhymes with "maped", severely!

i honestly think that a lot of the price also has to do with the license itself. i don't understand why the predator maquette was 1000 dollars, and the sideshow sauron statue was only 300. i understand that the predator maquette was way more detailed, but that much more? i bet money that it's because it's coming from Winston studios.

same goes for prime... the question on price is a balance of the detail involved AND the licensing issues.

having said all that, i would easily pay 1000 grand for a good sized highly detailed Prime. and i had to cancel my preorder for the predator cause i thought it was too much!

How's that for flipping Banny? Jealous much? hehe

I still can't fathom how that all sold for $1,000,000. That has to be a typo.

But I would love to be the proud owner of all of those beauts. I have a lot of MIB to MISB original G1s. Wonder what I could get for them if I packed them as a lot on eBay. hehe

Either way, that's an impressive collection. Best one I have been witness to yet.

How's that for flipping Banny? Jealous much? hehe

I still can't fathom how that all sold for $1,000,000. That has to be a typo.

But I would love to be the proud owner of all of those beauts. I have a lot of MIB to MISB original G1s. Wonder what I could get for them if I packed them as a lot on eBay. hehe

Either way, that's an impressive collection. Best one I have been witness to yet.

That person is my flipping hero.:monkey5

is it flipping if you have to wait 20 years?

Sure. Why does it matter if it's weeks or years, and do we know that the collection was accumulated 20 years ago? I didn't really read much into it except for what I saw in the pictures and that they said there was 275 pieces in the collection. Sorry, my ADD kicked in and didn't allow me to go beyond that.

To flip.. buy something to sell later. I suppose then anyone could be called a flipper based on that idea. However, we usually target people with that term more often when said person buys a piece and sells it more for what he/she paid for and had the intent to do so. Not in all the cases, but more often not, that's why you have flippers. If what is true about the collector making 1,000,000 off of his collection, I would say he did just that. His/her was just a MUCH longer process. He/she was just patiently waiting for that big payoff, which finally came.

But still, 1 million?! *scratches head*

For 275 ungraded Transformers? And not all of them are sealed... *scratches his head again*

I just edited my post previous to this one.

I believe a flipper is a person who buys something and sells it with the intention of making a profit down the road. Who's to say this person didn't have that thought in the back of their head? Doesn't matter. I don't care if he/she was a flipper or not...

Anyway, back to that bust. How much will it go for is the new guessing game!

Hey, I have no idea how big this thing is. If it's 9" I suppose it would sell for around 50 USD and if it's twice the size of that, 150-200 USD.

My definition of a flipper is anyone who sells something for more than they paid for it.

Then this dude is a bonafied flipper! Time shouldn't play a factor. :)

Pretty much everyone is a flipper. Most true collectors just use the excuse that they never intended to sell it, but now it is worth tons so it is ok to sell it.

Pretty much everyone is a flipper. Most true collectors just use the excuse that they never intended to sell it, but now it is worth tons so it is ok to sell it.

I always loved one of the most popular lines from RS....

"If it's old but sold out then market value is fine, but if it's new and sold out then market value means youre a bad bad person....a FLIPPER!"

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I always loved one of the most popular lines from RS....

"If it's old but sold out then market value is fine, but if it's new and sold out then market value means youre a bad bad person....a FLIPPER!"

Is SS a flipper company? They sell stuff for more than they paid for it. :)

I think a flipper is someone who buys something and immediately(or in a short time frame) sells it. Their only reason for purchasing an item is to sell it.

We need to create a committee and come up with a definition for all Freaks to follow.

Is SS a flipper company? They sell stuff for more than they paid for it. :)

I think a flipper is someone who buys something and immediately(or in a short time frame) sells it. Their only reason for purchasing an item is to sell it.

We need to create a committee and come up with a definition for all Freaks to follow.

We need a man law!

Thats an awesome Prime bust, nice find Eli!!! '

I too wish it was a full statue though, not just a bust.

And I think a 1/3 Prime from CM would rule all!!! I would gladly drop $2000.00 on it!!

Where'd all the transforming love go?:monkey2

Thought I'd stay away from those cutsy Robot Heroes but I snagged the five pack (Optimus, Megatron, Skywarp, Holo Mirage, Cliffjumper) and now I've gone and bought all of them... Pics to come.

Where'd all the transforming love go?:monkey2

Thought I'd stay away from those cutsy Robot Heroes but I snagged the five pack (Optimus, Megatron, Skywarp, Holo Mirage, Cliffjumper) and now I've gone and bought all of them... Pics to come.

Sweet!!! i want that 5 pack!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sweet!!! i want that 5 pack!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It's pretty good. Skywarp obviously is a Starscream repaint as Cliffjumper is a Bumblebee one... Optimus and Megatron have shiny finishes and the Mirage is a hologram type see through-- the airport is cool as it ties into one of the original G1 season one episodes and it's what I'm using to pose the Robot Heroes on (of course when the others arrive, hopefully by the end of the week, I'll probably not be able to pose all of them on it).

Back