ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3862.jpeg

Awesome figure/toy/model! A surprise to be honest, nice to have something different in my collection.

IMG_3865.jpeg

Edit: Added another shot of Prime. Size comparison with a standard (here at least) spice jar.

Last edited:
FansToys recently released POs for the first Constructicon-Scrapper. Very exciting to see this. Hopefully they will all be released in a reasonable timeframe. FT says that the connecting bits will be included with each figure.

https://showzstore.com/fanstoys-ft-32a-scrapper_p5662.html

Don't hold your breath on the "reasonable timeframe" part when it comes to Fans Toys and combiners. They STILL haven't released the last figure to complete Menasor, and the other 4 out of 5 have been out since before 2020 I think. They've also only got 2 out of 5 parts released for the Fans Toys version of Defensor and I think the first figure for that came out 2 years ago?

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath on the "reasonable timeframe" part when it comes to Fans Toys and combiners. They STILL haven't released the last figure to complete Menasor, and the other 4 out of 5 have been out since before 2020 I think. They've also only got 2 out of 5 parts released for the Fans Toys version of Defensor and I think the first figure for that came out 2 years ago?
Yeah, I had the 3 Aerialbots and ended up selling them because I didn't have confidence they would finish. . .and they recently released prototypes for the missing ones. I saw that FT claims they want to release all of these Constructicons by 2025, but of course, that may not happen. I've had their Blitzwing on order for something like 4 years now. Still, high end "Masterpiece" Devastator is one of my toy grails, and no other company attempting it has done it to my satisfaction. FT is the company to do it right in my opinion, so I'm going to root for them.

A true masterpiece, honestly coming from a military background, I am loving the military vehicle lineup that the first Transformers is giving me! I just picked up my Bonecrusher from target earlier today and couldn't been happier!!!
Nice! Yeah Blackout last year was also great. And Brawl is rumored for next year to finish up the line for the first film.

Nice! Yeah Blackout last year was also great. And Brawl is rumored for next year to finish up the line for the first film.
I thought he was Devastator? LOL, I cannot wait for him, part of me wished he was the figure that would had been released but Bonecrusher is great also!! It Also helps I got him for free thanks to a Target mistake lol. My biggest mistake is missing out on Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet, I only have Bumble bee and Optimus prime. I got the Dark side of the moon ratchet pre order but I didn’t expect the prices to sky rocket especially on Jazz!
IMG_8229.jpeg

I thought he was Devastator? LOL, I cannot wait for him, part of me wished he was the figure that would had been released but Bonecrusher is great also!! It Also helps I got him for free thanks to a Target mistake lol. My biggest mistake is missing out on Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet, I only have Bumble bee and Optimus prime. I got the Dark side of the moon ratchet pre order but I didn’t expect the prices to sky rocket especially on Jazz!
View attachment 675825
Jazz skyrocketed huh? He’s the only one I actually didn’t purchase at time of release, just because I had so many other things arriving at the time, and picked him up months later at a discount. Find one if you can but don’t pay a fortune, he’s a pretty small figure.

Picture time for Bonecrusher!

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0768B.jpg

DSC_0696.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

Just got this 3rd party bumble bee movie Optimus prime. So impressed!! 12 inches of goodness. My photo really doesn’t do it justice at all. So impressive in hand.

I can hardly believe this thing actually transforms too.

IMG_4589.jpeg

Picked up a Velocitron Scourge at a really good price new. Another local collector told me it was a remold of a G2 Prime ( Will just take his word for it ) What sold me was the shoulder rocket launchers. He doesn't have a laser rifle though, but I'm hoping to pick one up loose that will work or function in some fashion. I kind of see him as a Night Ops Optimus Prime in my head. ( I had to investigate the backstory to figure out why a "bad guy" was in a Prime mold, etc, and finally found out it was a subplot in one of the cartoons)

Found out from the same local collector that there is an aftermarket add on kit. Then after doing some exploring, realized there is an entire cottage industry around "gap filler" type kits for existing mainline releases.

I bought some R.E.D.S to give to a long time friend who is a strong Transformers fan. These ones are smaller and non transformable, but they will make nice desk pieces for his work desk.

Am trying really hard NOT to get sucked into another scale/another line/another format in the hobby. That's how the budget gets blown up. :lol

I may stick to just Leader Class guys, from the old school characters like Shockwave, Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, etc, etc. I'm not sure I could hang with a large army of the smaller guys. I will say this though, I haven't bought a Transformer in who knows how long, but the modern engineering, curation and design is simply off the charts. Just the level of intricacy and creativity to make parts fit and look good in two different forms is incredible.

This is how the addiction starts. When I was out of the hobby for over a decade, I intentionally stayed off the forums. Stayed off Ebay. Stayed away from the dealer sites. Out of sight, out of mind. Then I came back to the forums. And slowly but surely, I started buying stuff again. And now I have a Transformer in my ranks, trying not to let it be the crack in the dam that starts the flood. And that's the thing, all the other long time collectors here know exactly what I'm talking about. The resistance to the first one, so it doesn't start an avalanche.

Well, maybe I'm screwed here. LOL. But you only live once.

Super dope robot, straight outta nowhere:
Modfans Al01 - Ruller

I watched a video recently on the history of Transformers, the toy line. I mean I remember it as a kid in the 80s, but I started to piece a few things together. I didn't have the original Optimus Prime as as kid, but other kids did. I was also curious why the trailer section had a gun station that had a little "canopy" Then the recent video clarified that the Diaclone origins was designed to have tiny figures with magnets on their feet to use that gun station and work the repair bay and fit into "Roller" I suppose I never paid attention to that detail. That "Roller" had those gaps along the top of him, and those were seats for the mini figures.

The backstory to Transformers from concept to toy line to cartoon to legitimate legacy hobby niche is pretty incredible. I saw Transformers The Movie in the theater as a kid. It literally had a two week run before that theater pulled it ( I think the non stop killing probably flipped out too many kids) I basically saw it in the only tight little window possible. When I was younger, the film pissed me off to no end. I'm not so sure the mass killing of so many G1 guys bothered me as much as I felt the new characters all kind of sucked ( Except Ultra Magnus) But over time, I've come to appreciate the film a bit more over the years. The carnage was a practical business decision, but just not a great marketing one. Also as an adult, I figured out why the companies had to keep reusing the same molds, but had to retcon or massage the cartoon stories to try to explain it away.

Here's what I can say for sure - You couldn't get away with it today. You couldn't have Toy Story where Woody and Buzz get massacred in the first 20 minutes, then see 85 percent of all the other core toy characters get blown to bits, then be asked to support some new random characters.

That Roller is pretty awesome. He looks so good and it still honors the original.

Back