ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're going for cartoon accuracy. The chest windows are the perfect size for the proportions they went with.

01.jpg

Agree with the windows. I think the color also throws them off for me. I love MP10 with the ToyHax cell shaded stickers on.

they should keep it dark blue instead of the green blue. also is it not possible to color the windscreen sky blue?

Holy **** my internet is slow!! First video is now up for my review of the new MP-44 accessories and truck mode comparison with MP-10. Hope you can check it out!

Here's part 2 to my review of the new MP-44 Optimus Prime. In this video i go through:
- Risky/tricky parts of transformation
- How to articulate knees to avoid damage
- Comparison against MP-10
- Final thoughts
Hope you can check it out! ��

It took a while to transform, with only a couple of difficult parts because I wasn't doing it properly (thank god for Wotafa's awesome transformation video!). MP-44 is hands down, without a doubt, the definitive G1 Optimus Prime figure to get. Haters will say that I'm just a Takara fangirl, but this thing in hand is ****ing gorgeous!

Everything, and I mean everything, folds and clips in perfectly! If you go slow and follow the instructions, it's a great transformation! The paint application is almost perfect, with paint on almost every surface. The shade of red, blue, and yellow give me so much nostalgic bliss it's not even funny!

And that ****ing backpack that everyone hates doesnt even look that big, and suits the overall proportions of the body perfectly!!

If you don't think this is worth US$350, I can assure you it is well worth the money! This is right up there with the quality of the expensive 1/6th scale figures in my collection! If you're on the fence about this, I suggest you get onto one of the Japanese retailers and buy this straight away. You won't regret it!

View attachment 465657

View attachment 465658

View attachment 465659

Side by side comparison between MP-10 and MP-44 Optimus. The level of improvement of MP-44 over MP-10 is almost scary. I loved MP-10 as much as anybody, but MP-44 simply leaves it in the dust!

The overall body proportions, paint application, head sculpt, and pure G1 cartoon aesthetics takes the new MP-44 to a completely higher level. In every conceivable way, it is absolutely worth the money to upgrade!

View attachment 465709

View attachment 465710

View attachment 465711

Smashing reviews and photos!!! :clap

I do agree the new MP-44 looks more refined and cleanly sculpted, plus the additional paint accentuates it much better.

I friggin' love the MP-10, and I was a bit flabbergasted as soon as I saw the side-by-side comparison with the new MP; the proportions and silhouette seem better on the new 44, and with that the MP- 10 looks a bit THICC lol

MP-44

I haven?t been crazy about Takara-Tomy going in all-in on the ?toon aesthetic for their G1 Masterpiece line, but after the incredible MP-36 Megatron figure, we needed an Optimus Prime to match. Photos don?t do the finishes you can appreciate in person justice; everything is painted and even the white thighs or the matte grey of Roller is beautiful in person.

Such an incredibly expressive figure that makes MP-10 feel like it was released two decades ago. The MSRP price of $500 is absolutely insane and no one should pay that but if a person can get him for closer to $300 like those of us who got in on the Amazon Japan pre-order, he?s absolutely worth it so long as you can appreciate the trailer which is essentially a full-blown diaclone playset.

2D4FA47A-7636-4A69-8FB5-2678B037D3AD.jpg7710223C-D792-4732-94B7-0B30E618DD76.jpgB9327A1A-C390-4335-8064-88710C2792F1.jpgA19DABA9-0E93-4D62-B92A-4BD11303C4D0.jpg

the center piece between the windscreen in truck mode looks odd. backpack looks thick. what parts did they hide inside the pack the Mp-10 backpack is small?

the center piece between the windscreen in truck mode looks odd. backpack looks thick. what parts did they hide inside the pack the Mp-10 backpack is small?
To achieve both the blocky truck mode and sleek robot as seen in the cartoon, MP-44 packs more of the truck on the back and inside his legs while MP-10 left much of the truck detailing on the exterior of the robot. Different trade-offs for different goals - that's why we now have 3 "Masterpiece" versions of this figure in 15 years.

I think this cartoon gif illustrates well the impossible proportional morphing from robot to truck Takara was looking to bring to life; even the grey stripe appears from nowhere in robot mode.

975bcf0f114b488538285e27ae98fbf3.gif

All that said, the backpack to me looks as it did in the cartoon and in-hand it does not stand out. It's a solid pack of parts locked together; were it a wobbly mess it'd be another story.

This Prime looks amazing. I've got TE-01, and that's what I'll stick with as I can't justify the $350ish this guy costs even on the low end. Like someone else posted earlier, that price jump is insane. Maybe if they release a more limited version without the trailer and extra options for less I would consider.

But the paint apps make it stand apart from the 3rd party versions. And god bless Takara for deciding to do this to begin with. Somehow no one else seemed to care much for a G1-, cartoon-accurate Prime until they did so.

This Prime looks amazing. I've got TE-01, and that's what I'll stick with as I can't justify the $350ish this guy costs even on the low end. Like someone else posted earlier, that price jump is insane. Maybe if they release a more limited version without the trailer and extra options for less I would consider.

But the paint apps make it stand apart from the 3rd party versions. And god bless Takara for deciding to do this to begin with. Somehow no one else seemed to care much for a G1-, cartoon-accurate Prime until they did so.

i have the cel shade version simply because it looks like cartoon, but that was before MP-44. maybe the KO will pick this up and make a cel shade version since obviously Takara is missing out the opportunity.

Bandai's cashing in cel shade figures and many companies are starting to. and of course KO & 3rd parties too.

I just got my Optimus today, I’ve had TE-01 & numerous masterpiece primes in the past
this just blows them clear out of the water.
It’s not a perfect figure by any means but it’s better than what as gone before.
899DCD54-51F2-456D-895F-44A5D4B3A07E.jpgE83662A8-B352-4F2F-B6B7-4317DA0F98A4.jpg7B38454F-A87F-42F0-9D33-9FD3A2D37F2C.jpg

Starscream Maketoys with Optimus 3.0 starscream’s head on
I need to mod it and adjust it so he’s got a neck looks a bit on the large side.
still better than maketoys gave us.C111DEF5-5CCB-4279-90D9-7ED0BB47A81A.jpg2AF109BD-F4EB-4FCB-AC03-ADC7DBE0B260.jpg7A075A74-73AA-4E4E-BAEC-8E129A76B9D1.jpg

What?s to say that hasn?t been said. Pain the butt to transform(I wonder if I?ll ever turn him back into a truck or just get TE-01 for that lol), but so flippin? awesome. Not a fan of the flight stand though. Will look to make something for that.

Back