ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative to both.

2glow-3.png

Masterpiece Movie Optimus & Bumblebee

Finally had an opportunity to do a full photo shoot of these two figures; really remarkable toys! Some less-than-stellar material and color choices and the aforementioned quality-control issues with Optimus, but super-superb likenesses to the film models and outstanding articulation that really allows them to capture the essence of the on-screen characters.

Part 1 of 2.

Bee-Transform-Sequence.jpgDSC_0013.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0014.jpgDSC_0020 (1).jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0017 (1).jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0023.jpgDSC_0030.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0020.jpgDSC_0017.jpgDSC_0057.jpgDSC_0055.jpgDSC_0041.jpgDSC_0044.jpgDSC_0042.jpgDSC_0050.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Masterpiece Movie Optimus & Bumblebee

Finally had an opportunity to do a full photo shoot of these two figures; really remarkable toys! Some less-than-stellar material and color choices and the aforementioned quality-control issues with Optimus, but super-superb likenesses to the film models and outstanding articulation that really allows them to capture the essence of the on-screen characters.

Awesome shots and poses! It's nice to see someone getting more creative given all the articulation. How does your prime tab in in truck mode and all? Also, unrelated question, are you the same spanbauer from the DM boards? I haven't been there in many years and don't even know if they're still up but I feel it's the same name and avatar. Anyhow awesome shots my friend, keep it up.

Re: Masterpiece Movie Optimus & Bumblebee

Awesome shots and poses! It's nice to see someone getting more creative given all the articulation. How does your prime tab in in truck mode and all? Also, unrelated question, are you the same spanbauer from the DM boards? I haven't been there in many years and don't even know if they're still up but I feel it's the same name and avatar. Anyhow awesome shots my friend, keep it up.
Thanks, Popnfresh98! I don’t know if I just got “a good one” but my Takara-Tomy edition Prime all tabs in quite well in both robot mode and truck mode without any modifications; there’s definitely some tolerance issues with the mold and getting the top and bottom halves of the doors to align as well as they are in my photos is very much like setting a mouse trap, but it’s doable. And I think the chest is just a matter of doing things in the proper order.

That said, the seams on these figures are definitely more gastly than any previous Masterpiece figures, and I don’t just mean the problematic ones people have pinpointed; those breaks in Bumblebee’s bumper & above the wheels, plus in Prime’s sleeper cab, really stand out more than necessary. Hasbro/Takara need to cut ties with whatever factory they used for these figures.

I am the Spanbauer from DM boards. I don’t think I’ve been there since 2009, so good memory! What was your username over there?

Alright, so got the written review and gallery up for MakeToys MTRM-10 Galaxy Meteor up (video portion still uploading: ) https://kumastyledesigns.com/maketoys-galaxy-meteor-review/

The article goes into depth on what I really liked and things I would have liked to see different but overall it's a well-made and FUN piece that I'd recommend.

Here are a few shots from the gallery portion. Much more on site:

18-59.png

9-123.png

6-137.png

16-76.png

19-52.png

Back