ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don´t give a **** about this.

This is from guys who nitpick on EVERYTHING instead of enjoying hownicely they´re already crafted.
. Ironhide looks so great and there is a REAL danger of loosing little parts.
I will keep mine as is.

There's no danger of losing little parts. The spring in the shoulder doesnt just jump out at you lol. I thought it might not be worth doing, but it literally takes 5 minutes with my fat fingers to do! Going by Takara's official promo pics of Ironhide, those joints should definitely be covered by that piece, so the fix is worth doing, especially since it's so easy.

Kentucky Fried Chicken one looks good there.

There's no danger of losing little parts. The spring in the shoulder doesnt just jump out at you lol. I thought it might not be worth doing, but it literally takes 5 minutes with my fat fingers to do! Going by Takara's official promo pics of Ironhide, those joints should definitely be covered by that piece, so the fix is worth doing, especially since it's so easy.
Yeah, if it were more difficult I might also have second thoughts, but it's easy to do, corrects an obvious manufacturing defect, and does lead to a slight improvement in his look. It's nice to be able to sit his arms straight down and get a nice, flush square shoulder.

Yeah, based on that gray prototype, KFC's looks much better than that DX option.

Mi Ironhide has the shoulder miss assembly issue too, so I'll try the mod later.

It is the same damn thing that happen to many, many Ramjets. WTF, TT?

I got Ratchet today, and he has a noticeable gap on the seam on his head, which is a fairly common issue apparently. Reading more into the shoulder ratchet issue, apparently the stock Ironhide shoulder works better than the "fix" when in van mode. So, there seem to be pros and cons either way.

Got my Beast Wars Armadillo figure today, who's a lot of fun.

soundwave,
Do you have any of the following Beast Wars figures in the stuff you're selling?

Basic Rattrap, Iguanus & Snapper
Deluxe Tarantulas & Waspinator
Ultra Class Optimus Primal & Megatron
Transmetal Rattrap

Got my Beast Wars Armadillo figure today, who's a lot of fun.

soundwave,
Do you have any of the following Beast Wars figures in the stuff you're selling?

Basic Rattrap, Iguanus & Snapper
Deluxe Tarantulas & Waspinator
Ultra Class Optimus Primal & Megatron
Transmetal Rattrap

I might have...what's it to ya?? :wink1::lol:lol:lol

Seriously though I think I have a couple of them but when you refer to Ultra Class & Deluxe what do you mean?

These are the versions of some of the figures you asked about but not sure if these are them or not?

Rattrap...

Tarantulas...

Primes & Megatrons...

So yeah a couple of bits but not sure if they are what you are looking for?
Many more others too :)

Glad to hear you are digging the Beast Wars BTW & helping rekindle the enjoyment of the TF universe again for you.

Neil

I might have...what's it to ya?? :wink1::lol:lol:lol

Seriously though I think I have a couple of them but when you refer to Ultra Class & Deluxe what do you mean?

These are the versions of some of the figures you asked about but not sure if these are them or not?

Rattrap...

Tarantulas...

Primes & Megatrons...

So yeah a couple of bits but not sure if they are what you are looking for?
Many more others too :)

Glad to hear you are digging the Beast Wars BTW & helping rekindle the enjoyment of the TF universe again for you.

Neil

Subject to prices I'm definitely intrested in Rattrap & Tarantulas and possibly 2 of the Primals although not all at once. You open to trades for MP's & 3rd party MP's as well as cash? Send me a PM and we can sort it there.

So far the Beast Wars cartoon has lived up to what I'd previously heard about it, there's great characters, progressive storylines and a visual style that translates far better into toys than 2D cell animation. I'm loving it!

I still have a few 3rd party G1 characters on pre-order but am not a million miles off having all the characters from 1984 and 1985 that I want the most so there's an ending in sight.

I got Ratchet today, and he has a noticeable gap on the seam on his head, which is a fairly common issue apparently. Reading more into the shoulder ratchet issue, apparently the stock Ironhide shoulder works better than the "fix" when in van mode. So, there seem to be pros and cons either way.

Thank you for this report. I took a look at a couple videos, but honestly my Iron Hide transforms perfectly and even though his arm joints show the ratcheting mechanism when looking from the top, I feel he is solid the way he is.

For me I wont be making the modification. This may have been Takara doing this on purpose. I guess we wont officially know unless they re issue Iron hide as a version 2.

As for Ratchet himself I dont have him in hand yet, but it is a shame about the gap seam on his head. Can you provide some pics to show the gap seam please?

Intresting comments from MMC Backdraft's designer at TFW,

Originally Posted by jesslynMMC
i'm not sure if my commenting with explanations for why things are the way they are is a good thing, or even if the head penguin will frown upon it- but this being my first major release, and following the thread with such excitement, i keep wanting to jump in to talk about things!

so, the waist! it doesnt look like the cartoon, and that's intentional- he was pretty much a truck front sitting on hips, with no abdomen. the thing about studio ox art though, as well as the earlier 'reboot' masterpieces like sideswipe, is they're a perfect blend of both the cartoon and the toy that captured the spirit of both. the g1 toy of inferno was, i wouldnt call him lanky, but he was tall, with a narrow waist, and he definitely had an abdomen, and the front part of his truck wasn't an overwhelmingly large part of his silhouette, and that's something i've aimed for here

i may actually have veered a bit TOO much toward the toy with the inclusion of details like the old launcher buttons on his forearms, but for such a large robot, i didn't want there to be big plain undetailed areas (this was before MP ironhide was revealed, with his plain, toon accurate legs).

It seems her approach is the same as Hasui's ie multiple reference sources and not just an inconsistently drawn 2D cartoon :yess:

Thank you for this report. I took a look at a couple videos, but honestly my Iron Hide transforms perfectly and even though his arm joints show the ratcheting mechanism when looking from the top, I feel he is solid the way he is.

For me I wont be making the modification. This may have been Takara doing this on purpose. I guess we wont officially know unless they re issue Iron hide as a version 2.

As for Ratchet himself I dont have him in hand yet, but it is a shame about the gap seam on his head. Can you provide some pics to show the gap seam please?

Here is a pic from TFW member banjoted. The seam on mine is more or less the same (both of these figures have the "fixed" shoulders, btw):

27584177d1461704060-uk-toy-discussion-img_2626.jpg

And here is a pic from later in that thread, from user Danny Boy. They both have stock shoulders, and you can see more gaps in Ratchet in van mode. So, pros and cons. I have no intention of ever putting these back into van mode, so I prefer the look in the pic above:

20439F7E-91A7-473E-A768-6207A0C3B4B0_zpsntmwxddg.jpg

Full pic of the KFC Blitzwing prototype,

I dig the overall look, I just wish it was another company because their factory is the same as XTransbots and I don't like the idea of a Triple Changer with their inconsistent QC.

That's a pretty cool post from Jesslyn at MMC, thanks for posting, thecorsair. :duff

Thanks for posting those pics, maz. :duff I'll still get Ratchet and ol' Ironhide and I know the 'toon was all over the place but I wish the headsculpts were a bit more squat.

headygoodness_ratchetironhide_zps78b0462d.jpg~original

While I like the look of KFC's products, I'm spooked by its QC rep. Otherwise, I'd get its version of Blitzwing. I trust that Takara will tackle both it and Blaster some day.

Yeah, Ironhide and Ratchet are off in a few ways. They're probably my least favorite of the '84-'85 MP figures released thus far. Better in-hand than in pics, but still not all they could be.

All things transformers!!!!

'hide is actually one of my favorite Masterpieces TBH. Him and Laserwave are truly exceptional in terms of everything I ever wanted from a Transformer toy.

I really hope these "+" line is an actual thing and everything gets re/released at some point.

I'm truly in awe as I fail to grasp some of the complaints of Ironhide but then again everyone is different. He's perfect to me. Nothing produced as of late matches TT's Van-Bots.

Here is a pic from TFW member banjoted. The seam on mine is more or less the same (both of these figures have the "fixed" shoulders, btw):

27584177d1461704060-uk-toy-discussion-img_2626.jpg

And here is a pic from later in that thread, from user Danny Boy. They both have stock shoulders, and you can see more gaps in Ratchet in van mode. So, pros and cons. I have no intention of ever putting these back into van mode, so I prefer the look in the pic above:

20439F7E-91A7-473E-A768-6207A0C3B4B0_zpsntmwxddg.jpg

I see what you mean regarding Ratchet's head seam. The way my display is setup, at least from my sitting area I can only view from the front of my figures, not so much from the top. For me it will bother me that the uneven seam is there, but when while I'm seated I wont notice.

As for the shoulders, I may get bored one day and take the plunge. I will most likely never put him back in Van mode anyways. I'm mechanically inclined , but just dont like messing with what the official manufacture came out with, unless they tell me this is wrong. I'm very interested to see if they put out a version 2 of Iron Hide.

That's a pretty cool post from Jesslyn at MMC, thanks for posting, thecorsair. :duff

Thanks for posting those pics, maz. :duff I'll still get Ratchet and ol' Ironhide and I know the 'toon was all over the place but I wish the headsculpts were a bit more squat.

headygoodness_ratchetironhide_zps78b0462d.jpg~original

While I like the look of KFC's products, I'm spooked by its QC rep. Otherwise, I'd get its version of Blitzwing. I trust that Takara will tackle both it and Blaster some day.

No problem!

I have KFC's most recent version of Blaster and quality wise it's fine even though it's several notches below the likes of Fans Toys, MMC & Badcube.

That being said, it's the 4th release of the mold, they should be getting it right first time.

My concern with a Triple Changer is that there's a lot more potential for something to go wrong than a character like Blaster who turns into little more than a box and KFC's track record doesn't inspire any confidence as a customer.

Back