ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just loving the new MP Decepticons! I'm desperate for a new official Megatron to lead these guys into battle!!

Nice group shot!!!! I personally want Takara to release more Decepticons. I'm kind of upset that they are just doing repaints again like the upcoming cartoon colored Red Alert.

As for Megatron I fell all of us want a new Official MP Megatron but sad we will never get him in Original Walther pistol form.

All things transformers!!!!

As for Megatron I fell all of us want a new Official MP Megatron but sad we will never get him in Original Walther pistol form.

Why is that? They did it before, and they even re-released a gold version not too long ago. They must know there's plenty of people out there that want a MP Megatron .Also, don't they normally don't give a damn about toys that turn into guns in Japan? I know it will never sell in TRU or that us resellers will have to put an orange plug on it, but whatever!

No one wants a tank. No one.

For the time being, I hope Make toys's version is better than Apollyon (that's really not saying much).

Nice group shot!!!! I personally want Takara to release more Decepticons. I'm kind of upset that they are just doing repaints again like the upcoming cartoon colored Red Alert.

I would like some more Decepticons but only original molds, MP11 repaints at UK import prices are of no intrest.

The only new Megatron's I'll buy from Takara are from Beast Wars. The purple T Rex and the dragon he gets reformatted into would make awesome MP figures.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Why is that? They did it before, and they even re-released a gold version not too long ago. They must know there's plenty of people out there that want a MP Megatron .Also, don't they normally don't give a damn about toys that turn into guns in Japan? I know it will never sell in TRU or that us resellers will have to put an orange plug on it, but whatever!

No one wants a tank. No one.

For the time being, I hope Make toys's version is better than Apollyon (that's really not saying much).

You bring up a good point. I keep forgetting they re released MP-5 in Gold. Hmmmm Maybe there is hope then.

I would like some more Decepticons but only original molds, MP11 repaints at UK import prices are of no intrest.

The only new Megatron's I'll buy from Takara are from Beast Wars. The purple T Rex and the dragon he gets reformatted into would make awesome MP figures.

I don't understand why Takara has to make the MP11 repaints like Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet Takara Tomy Mall, or Asia Exclusives. We need them to just allow them to be regular Japan releases so places like Anime Export, HLJ, Ami Ami, has them at the discounted pre order prices. I just cant bring myself to buy them at 200 a pop.

The only chance we may have is if Hasbro gets the molds after Takara is done making money and sells them to us through Hasbro channels.

As for Megatron I need him to be a Walther p38.

Just got Ramjet and Shockwave today.

I actually think ramjet looks incredible! I know $200 is hard to swallow for a (somewhat heavily retooled) mold, but man, now that I see it, I can't wait for Thrust and Dirge! Alongside the other three seekers, that's going to be an awesome display (that costs $1,200 if you went the TT route, which I did :( )

I'll say this though, I'm glad I stopped buying everything else. If TF MP is your primary focus of collecting, it is way more manageable than doing HT 1:6 and 1:4, of Sideshow PF's and what not.

I seriously don't know how some of you do it, lol.

Does TT have a specific date in which they start teasing new MP's? I hear this will be the last Botcon, so that's kind of a bummer since I never had the chance to go. I guess Hasbro is doing their own thing from now on...

I don't understand why Takara has to make the MP11 repaints like Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet Takara Tomy Mall, or Asia Exclusives. We need them to just allow them to be regular Japan releases so places like Anime Export, HLJ, Ami Ami, has them at the discounted pre order prices. I just cant bring myself to buy them at 200 a pop.

The only chance we may have is if Hasbro gets the molds after Takara is done making money and sells them to us through Hasbro channels.

As for Megatron I need him to be a Walther p38.

Characters like Skywarp and Thundercracker should certainly have got regular releases.

I gave into completionism and paid the asking price for Skywarp and Thundercracker but always resented it and I never enjoyed having them on display so I resold both at a small profit.

If the Make Toys Seeker mold has a more posable robot mode than either MP03 or MP11, properly articulated hands and some swappable face sculpts I might give that a try, but I'm not buying any version of MP11 again.

I have Apollyon and it looks the part in robot mode which is all I really require from a Megatron but I agree that a G1 version of the character should always have a Walther P38 as it's alt mode.

I'll take a look at Make Toys Megatron when it's properly revealed and if the robot mode looks better I'd consider upgrading.

You pretty much answered your own question. :lol I'll get an MP Skywarp, one of these days.

Just got Ramjet and Shockwave today.

I actually think ramjet looks incredible! I know $200 is hard to swallow for a (somewhat heavily retooled) mold, but man, now that I see it, I can't wait for Thrust and Dirge! Alongside the other three seekers, that's going to be an awesome display (that costs $1,200 if you went the TT route, which I did :( )

Congrats! :duff I got Shockwave and Tracks a couple of days ago, Sunsurge today and Thundercracker and Ramjet hopefully next week. I got a late start on MP collecting but I'm slowly adding characters from the first and second seasons of the 'toon.

got MP Hot Rod today and I love him, other than a stubborn peg at the base of the back of his neck/shoulder area that slots into the roof of the car in bot mode I have no issues with him. he is one of only 2 MP figures I have I also have the first issue of 20th Anniversary Prime or MP-01 as he is called in Japan.

got MP Hot Rod today and I love him, other than a stubborn peg at the base of the back of his neck/shoulder area that slots into the roof of the car in bot mode I have no issues with him. he is one of only 2 MP figures I have I also have the first issue of 20th Anniversary Prime or MP-01 as he is called in Japan.

I hope you're not forcefully shoving the peg into the slot. There's a method to connecting them properly. I can't really describe it in full, but what I'll tell you is don't fold in the bottom half of his backpack into the windshield when you're about to fully transform his backpack. First, Make sure his chest/stomach is pegged tightly into the waist, then make sure the peg that connects into the windshield slot is aligned correctly. don't forcefully press it and hope it'll eventually connect due to pressure. There is a method to it all. I strongly suggest you watch some YT reviews that shows the transformation bit by bit. I forget if it was Benscollectibles or peaugh that suggest the steps I'm currently recommending to you. There's absolutely no need for heavy pressure or force when transforming hot rod. He's streamlined and intuitive. Really fun transformation process.

Optimus Primal gets an Asia Exclusive accessory,

Now this does make me a little upset that the exclusives are not disclosed up front when the original pre order goes up.

i already locked in a pre order at Anime export which I can cancel but it's a hassle.

Oh well this piece seems to be close to what came with the original toy. I'm not sure I really need it. I honesty don't NEED any of this stuff lol

Now this does make me a little upset that the exclusives are not disclosed up front when the original pre order goes up.

i already locked in a pre order at Anime export which I can cancel but it's a hassle.

Oh well this piece seems to be close to what came with the original toy. I'm not sure I really need it. I honesty don't NEED any of this stuff lol

Kapow Toys sometimes get the Asia Exclusives with their shipments so I might get the mace with mine but if not I'm not too bothered.

Outside of signature weapons I don't tend to take too much intrest unless there's something like an extra facesculpt, a lot of the episode specific accessories tend to get looked at once and then it's back in the box.

The one time I really wanted one of the other extras Takara put Wheeljack's Immobiliser with Exhaust which I don't want to buy :gah:

EDIT
Amazing 3D printed Beast Wars Dinobot,
https://www.facebook.com/Fan-built-CHUG-Style-Beast-Wars-Dinobot-558750100967940/

Kapow Toys sometimes get the Asia Exclusives with their shipments so I might get the mace with mine but if not I'm not too bothered.

Outside of signature weapons I don't tend to take too much intrest unless there's something like an extra facesculpt, a lot of the episode specific accessories tend to get looked at once and then it's back in the box.

The one time I really wanted one of the other extras Takara put Wheeljack's Immobiliser with Exhaust which I don't want to buy :gah:

EDIT
Amazing 3D printed Beast Wars Dinobot,
https://www.facebook.com/Fan-built-CHUG-Style-Beast-Wars-Dinobot-558750100967940/

You present very good points. I wanted Wheeljacks Anti Hypnosis device. I do have Exhaust and used the Immobilizer in my display. You can still get Exhaust for retail due to the re release. He is really nice to have even though I have no attachment to him. The face sculpt is very nice, and in alt mode the car has a very nice visual appearance that pops in a collection.

/

I transformed him 2 times and everything taps in tightly but yet that orange tab is NOT lined up with the slot on the roof at all, it is always off by a few millimeters. I even tried tabbing in the roof before folding up the backpack still nothing but line up issues.

It makes me angry. It is not in the show if I can recall correctly, but still.

Just put my order in for MMC's Liger, the Diaclone version of Sphynx in red. I love that they re-tooled the head, and it'll go great with my other Diaclone MP homages.

I transformed him 2 times and everything taps in tightly but yet that orange tab is NOT lined up with the slot on the roof at all, it is always off by a few millimeters. I even tried tabbing in the roof before folding up the backpack still nothing but line up issues.

After flipping over the head and the engine block needs to flip down to reveal the peg, try adjusting that some more? I too had a little trouble with that part, but that was the first time transforming him. By the second time, I studied it some more, rewatched peaughs review and have had no trouble with it since. In other reviews I've watched, they struggled a bit in that section as well, and seeing them apply SOOO much pressure and hearing that squeak and crackling sounds....ugh, I cringe when it happens. However, one thing they have in common, the steps leading up to the problematic part are not done correctly. I honestly think it has to do with the front section. The chest/stomach needs to be securely fastened into the waist slot. Just because it feels secure, it doesn't mean the tab is in all the way. Take a closer look at that section and see if it's completely slotted in. Chances are it isn't.

If you're willing, transform hot rod up until that point. When his chest and arms are fully revealed, right before you connect the windshield, MAKE SURE the hood/chest tab is completely tabbed in the slot on the waist.

I don't know what else to tell you, sorry I couldn't be of more help. Perhaps someone else can give better advice?

yup that is the first thing I tab in it goes in as far as it goes (the one where the nose of the car tabs into his waist section) I have flipped the head/engine thing properly apart and that does not help get the tab on the back of his neck to line up with that slot on the roof. Maybe I have a bad one I guess?

Back