ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For £100 I think Apollyon does the job very nicely, the robot mode looks fantastic which is all I needed.

G1 Megatron's transformation will be complex no matter who does it because getting a fairly realistic looking gun into that robot form without the ability to cheat physics leaves designers with few options.

As things stand the only way I'd replace Apollyon is if someone like Fans Toys came along and matched the general look of the robot mode and tweaked the following,

1.The inner leg kibble could possibly be a tad cleaner. As mine stays in robot mode it's not an issue as I just unscrewed the parts and took them off.

2.The face sculpt is generally pretty good, but the eyes aren't that well defined and in some cases has had dodgy paint apps. An improvement to that would be something that could be done. I would also have preferred another face sculpt with a pissed off expression to some of the stuff XTransbots included as they were very episode specific and totally unfamiliar to me.

3.The elbow joints look a bit gappy at certain angles. A relatively minor aesthetic thing, but something that could possibly be improved.

There's also the potential for making more of the thinner parts diecast to improve the durability for people who transform their figures more often as whilst an unavoidable part of the design the amount of thin panels makes the transformation kind of scary.

You've got me looking forward to mine now. :)

Just wanted to share some new customs that were finally delivered: Merry Christmas

uploadfromtaptalk1450961504610.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450961538542.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450961567222.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450961605301.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Man those sunstreaker shots look fantastic! Can't wait for him to show up!!

So I just found another YOTH prime buried in the box in the closet... forgot I had it. Picked up a new set earlier this year to do a custom trailer for a client... but forgot I still had the prime... so put him under the knife and plopped his ass on eBay...

Love how that YOTH can turn out w/ some modification!

Awesome work on Prime..looks great!

From the Kidslogic stand at the Toy Soul exhibition,

Wow shockwave looks amazing! And ramjet as well. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skyward look great too. Secured Devastator and Starscream already, the others will be next. I LOVE THESE GUYS! I AM HOOKED.

Wow shockwave looks amazing! And ramjet as well. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skyward look great too. Secured Devastator and Starscream already, the others will be next. I LOVE THESE GUYS! I AM HOOKED.

Hot Rod looks really nice. I guess I'm going to have to spring $150 for both Skywarp and Thundercracker. I got Bumblebee in my Pile of Loot.

Just recently got these guys.

"All present and accounted for, noble leada. Scavenga. Mixmasta. Long Haul. Bonecrusha. Hook. And myself."

IMG_4267.jpg

My brother is so much awesome he got me this for Christmas today...

Super chuffed as it came with the Parachute too...

Can't wait to get him Transformed now

Merry Christmas everyone

Neil

Neil

My brother is so much awesome he got me this for Christmas today...

Super chuffed as it came with the Parachute too...

Can't wait to get him Transformed now

Merry Christmas everyone

Neil

Neil

Congrats!

Transformation isn't too bad, the only part that took a while was tabbing the chest in as the wheels seemed to take a bit of jiggling before they went into the correct position in the chest. Also, don't be concerned if the sliding forearm panels initially don't seem to lock in properly, if you slide them far enough and press down there'll be slight click and you'll be good.

Also, the connection for the shoulder missile sucks as it makes it impossible to angle the weapon up properly. It's amazing that a figure that is otherwise so well designed has it's biggest issue on something that's relatively simple to do. Reading the thread at TFW it sounds like a couple of people are working on a 3D printed solution to it that will be made available via Shapeways.

I should get my Badcube Sunstreakers from TFS Express this coming week, some people who ordered from Kapow got theirs Christmas Eve the lucky buggers!

Don't hesitate on getting Badcube's Sunstreaker (Sunsurge).Total WIN! I don't see how Takara can do better

Everything quality and he fits right in the official MP's

Back