ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those top-down photos skew his body proportions. From a more flattering angle, he's actually impressively close to the cartoon.

Takara's already doing some amazing things to add width to the legs in robot mode, considering how thin they have to be to form the handle in gun mode:

And compared to the scrawny legs of the G1 toy, it's a HUGE improvement.

You're not wrong! But the proportions of these figures can so rarely be a dead ringer for the cartoon model, given that they have to actually adhere to the laws of physics when transforming. In my opinion, while Hot Rod's proportions are not ideal, they're no worse than say the beloved Masterpiece Sideswipe, whose proportions aren't even in the same ballpark as his cartoon model. Because if they were, it'd make for one strange Lamborghini.

Takara can increase the width of the side of the legs even if it makes the gun handle too big for people with small hands to wrap their hands around. I won't mind this at all as I plan to have him always in robot mode. Of course, this is not about what I like. It's more of an aesthetic balance between gun mode and robot mode from Takara's point of view.

As for Hot Rod, I wonder if Takara can short his legs a little to give it the illusion that of a buff Hot Rod than a tall and skinny one.

Lastly, please Gigapower, change the head sculpt on that Sludge or have an alternate head sculpt option.

Takara can increase the width of the side of the legs even if it makes the gun handle too big for people with small hands to wrap their hands around. I won't mind this at all as I plan to have him always in robot mode. Of course, this is not about what I like. It's more of an aesthetic balance between gun mode and robot mode from Takara's point of view.

As for Hot Rod, I wonder if Takara can short his legs a little to give it the illusion that of a buff Hot Rod than a tall and skinny one.

Lastly, please Gigapower, change the head sculpt on that Sludge or have an alternate head sculpt option.

I do too, think that SW looks perfect as is. I just can't believe how TT was able to accomplish the look TBH.

I do also hope GIGA tweaks the HS on at least one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pre-production review of Maketoys Gundog (AKA Hound) - Toy Version. I honestly don't know how Takara can improve on this...I mean, I hope they will but for now I'd be very happy if this was the only one to be made. Planning on purchasing both versions.

the make-toys hound is too big to be included in the MP line....just by comparing the side to side with Bumble bee you can clearly see he is TOO BIG....that sucks...hope Fantoys gets the right size...

Hound being such an iconic character, I'm having trouble believing Hash/Tak won't touch him.

Make Toys Hound is nice, but given a choice between that or the Fans Toys version it's not really a contest....FT all the way.

I want to start by saying I love the large scale of Gigapowers Dino Bot line. This is what is drawing me in vs all the other companies making 3P Dino Bots.

I don't own any unlicensed Third Party Transformers. I have been watching reviews on the first version of Gigapower Guttur and now the upcoming release of the Chrome version. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on him. He is about 200.00 so it's a commitment of 1000.00 for all 5 Dino's .

Since each bot takes 1year to be released I'm concerned that Gigapower won't stay around if Guttur doesn't sell out. It seems like Gigapower is focusing on the Dino bots which I like but Hope they make enough money to fuel the development of the other Dino's.

I guess this is why I never bought into any 3rd party companies.

Anyone feel the same way with longevity of 3P companies sticking around to finish a line?

I have the same concerns. I will say though that Gigapower seem to be on quite the momentum right now. Snarl metallic has already been released, and chrome is expected any day now. Many Slag non color pics have been shown in both modes, in addition to the box art for the metallic version. And just the other day a whole slew of pics of Sludge in both modes have been shown.

I have optimism in Giga delivering all 5. They did indicate that part of their delay was changing factories. They are also very active on Facebook and respond to people's comments very quickly.

All things transformers!!!!

I want to start by saying I love the large scale of Gigapowers Dino Bot line. This is what is drawing me in vs all the other companies making 3P Dino Bots.

I don't own any unlicensed Third Party Transformers. I have been watching reviews on the first version of Gigapower Guttur and now the upcoming release of the Chrome version. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on him. He is about 200.00 so it's a commitment of 1000.00 for all 5 Dino's .

Since each bot takes 1year to be released I'm concerned that Gigapower won't stay around if Guttur doesn't sell out. It seems like Gigapower is focusing on the Dino bots which I like but Hope they make enough money to fuel the development of the other Dino's.

I guess this is why I never bought into any 3rd party companies.

Anyone feel the same way with longevity of 3P companies sticking around to finish a line?

I have the same concerns. I will say though that Gigapower seem to be on quite the momentum right now. Snarl metallic has already been released, and chrome is expected any day now. Many Slag non color pics have been shown in both modes, in addition to the box art for the metallic version. And just the other day a whole slew of pics of Sludge in both modes have been shown.

I have optimism in Giga delivering all 5. They did indicate that part of their delay was changing factories. They are also very active on Facebook and respond to people's comments very quickly.

As a proud owner of Guttur, I can honestly say that it would be a shame if GIGA didn't complete the set:

c716a6c29694ec0a4d45864231f9896e.jpg

fa28b0b30b71106ae0f66755eb4c7ec0.jpg

bbc6c95b2173ce3a2f23a0abdc9595a1.jpg

Guttur is glorious. Not to take away anything from FT's versions but for me, when it comes to Dinobots, size is a definitive factor, specially if they are to be MP scaled.

Dinobots = Beasts. They MUST tower Prime and everyone else (except Magnus) because that's exactly how I remember watching them on the cartoon in their most iconic appearances. While the FT ones are good looking (and well made) they simply don't have that "holy **** this thing is huge" factor that Guttur had when I opened it. The bot mode is huge. Dino mode? Massive. He had some QC issues, I read. Luckily, mine didn't have ANY. He FEELS quality, much like any FT release. Much like any TT release. Transforming him is amazing, and I'm actually tempted about picking the Chrome version as well.

I guess it comes down as to what you want your Dino representations to look like.

I made the choice that I wanted them to look like the beasts I remember from the show on earlier seasons.

And yes, GIGA is very active on FB, I found out. And they seem to be a bit slow, but I expect a PO for the next Dino soon.

Get him, you'll love it.

Wow guys, thanks for all the comments about Gigapower as a company, and Guttur as a figure.

Franpincho Your Metallic version is nice, I like how they painted the Tail in 2 parts to give it more of a dynamic look. You lose that double colored tail on the Chrome version.

Anybody knows if this is real?

If so, HOLY ****.

Apparently, it is. Jesus Christ, it's like Takara is on fire for next year. I hope they are not "Exclusive" and demand a $200 price...... I'd still get them, damn it, who am I kidding! More Decepticons!

If anybody wanted an Igear conehead for dirt cheap, this will be the time to go to eBay.

Attachments

• 4904810842613.jpg
    4904810842613.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 14904810842613.jpg
    14904810842613.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 24904810842613.jpg
    24904810842613.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 120
  • bnr_mp11nr_ramjet.jpg
    bnr_mp11nr_ramjet.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Looks great, except for the blocky knees, and it looks like the wings aren't connected to the legs. I wager that's going to be a deal breaker for people.

I paid the equivalent of $216 apiece for TT Mall Exclusive Skywarp and Thundercracker as my '84 Decepticons wouldn't be complete without them and there were no cheaper options in my country.

I won't be doing the same for the Coneheads as they're not important enough for me to spend that kind of money on.

Back