ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. If Star Saber and Ultra Magnus took inspiration from the cartoon for overall proportions and inspiration from the toys and toy concept art for detail, like the previous MP figures have done, then they would both fit in much better. As I said before, if Star Saber looked more like this G1 box art he'd fit in great.

StarSaber.jpg

That's a really good point...

Sigh. Is all that movie stuff over and done with? We need Hasui back. :(

Got Kronos....while I am looking forward to see what Fans Toys puts out,This rendition of Skyfire is fantastic...In Robot mode this thing is a beast and beautiful to look at.He fits right in with the other Masterpieces.I know some folks are not fans of the character,but this is G1 Skyfire....My figure seems good.Joints are not bad,but I haven't transformed it and not sure that I will considering all the wackiness of his transformation and possible Qc issues (which mine seems to be free of)

View attachment 127558View attachment 127559

Very cool collection there.

just thought I would share pics of a prime statue that I am getting soon. sorry if these have already been posted as this is the first time I have seen this thread. they also do megatron and nemesis prime. prime is 3.5 foot tall and megatron just over 4 foot. made my infinity creative designs. email [email protected] for prices. enjoy.

View attachment 126835

Any details on this Nemesis Prime? Anyone got this? Thks in advance.

Yeah... I hate to say it... But star saber looks very.... Dollar store there.

I don't know. Maybe that red is more metallic in person - for all we know it's nice and shiny and matches MP-10 perfectly, but those two pictures, with different lighting and what not, doesn't indicate that.

I just hope it's not a case of misinterpreting "cartoon accuracy"... Sure, it's important, but a lot of people don't seem to realize that it's not the ONLY aspect when it comes to the Masterpiece line...

To me the Masterpiece line has always been it's own thing aesthetically. It takes it's cues from many canon sources and creates something new and cohesive from them. A recent example, MP Bumblebee fits extremely well into that visual style. He isn't slavishly cartoon accurate, he pulls a bit from a variety of sources. I wonder if Bumblebee was the last thing the dude who left the MP line did before the new guy? He certainly looks like he was designed by an entirely different person or group of people than Magnus and Star Saber.

Finally got the new reissue of MP-8X King Grimlock with the Throne accessory. Glad to say Grimlock is awesome, but this separate throne is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!! If you're thinking of getting it, do NOT get the throne!! Total waste of money!! It was a bit of a ***** to assemble together too!

I notice that this is a pure Hasbro accessory, with no reference to Takara on the box or item. I didnt think Takara would be that stupid to put their name on something this ridiculous.

Will be uploading my full review tonight. I dont have the original MP-8X to do a comparison, but will compare it to my MP-8 Grimlock. Will post here once finished :)

The joints on this guy are pretty damn tight! I still cant get the ankle rocking action to work, and the shoulder joint was tight to rotate.

GGAAAHHH!!!!! After all this time, my new MP-8X King Grimlock has a left elbow assembled in reverse!!!! Hopefully BBTS can send me a replacement!!!

You can see it clearly here too in my pic of it straight out of the box!!!

Dude, that blows, but at least you got from a good source to get a replacement.

Hey all, here's my full review of the new 2nd production run of MP-8X King Grimlock where I compare it against my original MP-8 (I never got the original MP-8X). I also give a close look at the garbage that is the throne and also a look at the elbow assembly issue that had affected mine and a few others.

Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your thoughts on the figure too :)

got this little fellah a while ago and i'm very happy with him, took me a long time to figure out how to transform him but i conquered

DSCI2341_zpsa061a9d0.jpg

DSCI2340_zps63906fba.jpg

DSCI2337_zps19c5de6c.jpg

DSCI2334_zpsd686de52.jpg

DSCI2333_zps6a0cd4c7.jpg

DSCI2332_zps98fbeb85.jpg

DSCI2331_zps1c39f52f.jpg

Hey, regarding BBTS, has anyone ever had to deal with them about a replacement?

I have been assured that they are great with replacements, but they have not responded to my email with the details on the MP-8X manufacturing error, and it's been about 3 days now!

Hey, regarding BBTS, has anyone ever had to deal with them about a replacement?

I have been assured that they are great with replacements, but they have not responded to my email with the details on the MP-8X manufacturing error, and it's been about 3 days now!

They will. I have zero doubts they'll make it right for you. They take a bit to answer sometimes, much like SSC.

Onto another topic:

Not really that big of a fan of third party stuff anymore, but this guy is shaping up to be a nice Motormaster, scaled to MP10.

c04a5602b5fe33d28e5120369bb92e2e.jpg

Color me interested.

Back