ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. The money you saved can go towards a custom repaint :lol

Joking aside I didn't mind Universe Acid Storm's colors, it's the blocky camo on the wings of the Masterpiece that makes it look like a Minecraft tribute act.

I think modernizing the camo was a great idea. Can't please everyone I guess. :dunno

I think the generations/universe mold is more fun.
The MP mold is just annoying to transform, and boring. The folding hands under the chest, and all the locking on the top seems poorly planned, plus the alt mode doesn't even look that much like a fighter, not in the way the new Autobot cars look just like their counterparts. I might be a bit spoiled from the detail on some macross jets too.

Either way I don't think it's on the same playing field as the newer stuff in terms of fun, accuracy, and scale. Little too big. Little too clunky. Shrug.

Just my opinion haha.

Last edited:
Been a while since I popped in here but I was mooching in Toys R Us today & saw they still had these on shelves & had finally reduced them to a price I was comfortable with so grabbed myself an Acid Storm...

Not sure I'll keep him yet I might just use him for trade fodder further down the line but for now he's a nice new addition

Neil

Sweet. Ive had mine since he was released here but have not opened him yet. I thought about selling him off but Id like to see the colors first hand at least once. Decisions decisions...Oh yeah sent you a PM!

I think modernizing the camo was a great idea. Can't please everyone I guess. :dunno

I'm actually very easily pleased.

Give me Takara or 3rd party Masterpiece quality releases of actual characters from Series 1,2 or the '86 movie as well as the occasional repaint such as Tigertrack or G2 Sideswipe and I'm good.

Where is everyone getting their dr wu launchers for the datsuns? Anywhere that hasn't got big shipping to the uk? haven't seen any on ebay either!

Where is everyone getting their dr wu launchers for the datsuns? Anywhere that hasn't got big shipping to the uk? haven't seen any on ebay either!

I'd keep an eye on Kapow Toys, they get most Dr Wu products including their recent Rainstorm set for Generations Springer.

Last edited:
So what do you guys think of the new Generations BW figures?

I'm thinking I might grab the Takara ones myself. Definitely Rhinox at least. Not sure about Waspinator and Rattrap yet... Might just go domestic on those.

Beast Wars? Beast Wars??? We don't need no stinkin' Beast Wars, mang.

I think of it as G1, myself... And a much better subsequent season(s) than three (ugh, CRAP) and even two (cheese... And sometimes crap).

Of course, nothing touches G1 season one. :)

Anyway, these new toys look great.

YES!!!!! Robot Kingdom just notified me my order has shipped. I preordered MP-17, MP-18, and MP-19 all in one order so I've had to wait all this time to get my three Nissans!!! It's been a long wait, but damn some day next week will be a day long remembered!!!! :D

Had my E-mail overnight that Anime Export have their stock of MP19 in

Paying for shipping as we speak so should be here real soon...can't wait

Neil

Just discovered I got my notification as well! :yess:

I'm now waiting for HLJ to get their stock in I had to get my second one from there as Anime Export had a 1 per customer limit when I ordered.

YES!!!!! Robot Kingdom just notified me my order has shipped. I preordered MP-17, MP-18, and MP-19 all in one order so I've had to wait all this time to get my three Nissans!!! It's been a long wait, but damn some day next week will be a day long remembered!!!! :D

Lol, I had my tapes bundled with this order. Been a long wait for me too!

Back